WvW pip system kinda sucks

Magnus Godrik.5841

This pip system sucks. Your are timed to get a specific amount of pips. I know at higher ranks you get more pips. And i usually average around 5-7 pips per tick. So i find myself trying to find outnumbered maps to get more pips. And the out numbered maps are usually more boring. I feel like they should cut the tick time in half if your 1st and 1/3 if your 2nd. Maybe i am doing wvw wrong and is a complete bafoon, but i really am getting into this mode and absolutely love it. Just want the rewards to feel more rewarding, especially if your server is doing it right.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:One thing that kinda erks me is that you only get 3 shards per week. That’s a month for getting one piece of armor, and 6 months to get a full set of ascended gear

Why should it take that long? The shards should be repeatable, and not time gated.

Are you talking about Grandmaster Mark shards? You can craft them. Part of the ingredients for them is time gated, but you can buy them. So technically you can acquire all the Grandmaster mark shards you need as soon as you can buy them off the Trading Post and craft them.

Tickets are the only rewards i care about. Im not trying to be rich. The fact that it takes so long to get to the last chest and that the chest stop giving them after you complete diamond sucks. Even pvp you can repeatedly get more tickets after completing the last chest multiple times. Gw2 is a casual game and wvw does not make it so. But its fine its still fun to play but winning means nothing which is wierd in any competition.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:One thing that kinda erks me is that you only get 3 shards per week. That’s a month for getting one piece of armor, and 6 months to get a full set of ascended gear

Why should it take that long? The shards should be repeatable, and not time gated.

Three shards per weeks means 65 weeks for a full set. 3.1 weeks for one ‘Mark’

OR

@sostronk.8167 said:

You can craft them. Part of the ingredients for them is time gated, but you can buy them. So technically you can acquire all the Grandmaster mark shards you need as soon as you can buy them off the Trading Post and craft them.

I think the point of the shards was to give the people that don't really craft a way to acquire ascended gear, so telling people to just craft the marks is kinda moot. It doesn't affect me, but I do agree the number of shards you get every week is kinda lame. I'd be a little pissed too if I had to rely on this method to get gear.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Tickets are the only rewards i care about. Im not trying to be rich. The fact that it takes so long to get to the last chest and that the chest stop giving them after you complete diamond sucks. Even pvp you can repeatedly get more tickets after completing the last chest multiple times. Gw2 is a casual game and wvw does not make it so. But its fine its still fun to play but winning means nothing which is wierd in any competition.

Honestly, most of us that have been playing the mode for 6+ years have higher ranks, so it is faster, but it sounds like you are turning it into a chore, versus an activity.

The PiPs will come. Outnumbered maps are ok if you are truly pip farming but you need to make your own fun. (See thread about running into a camp 1v10)

But running on an more popular map, will garner both pips and world xp. And for some, the constant action is more fun.

Farming pips is boring. Playing WvW isn’t.

Archived