Need some confirmation from veteran raider about raid vs fractal difficulty comparison.

Atamazon.7062

Back then when i first try fractal, since i generally don't want to be a burden in anything, i'm very anxious when trying to do something new i'm not familiar to. But now i can clear all T4 + CM without breaking a sweat (except 100CM that i only clear 2 times out of 5 tries with pug training group). Since the heal and buff in this game is too strong, in a good group you might just face tank 95% of things and just stand there do your rotation with a bit dodge here and there + the fight is overall scripted, T4 fractal is (very) easy once you get use to it (i only do pug, if i have a fixed group it will be even more easier).

What i want to know is in raid, with a decent group, do you feel much different from fractal (very different or fundamentally just a beefier fractal) ? Assume that you do raid everyweek for at least a year with groups that you consider decent, do you think "it is kinda a chore, we will clear it smoothly without fail" or do you think "we might get wipe here and there, maybe even ragequit". Do the fight become more randomize and chaotic, or is it still scripted that you can heal through any minor attack and get a clear indicator when a big attack coming (most likely when the boss lost 25% hp and the like).

For raid veteran, with a decent group, do you still consider raid a challenge, or do you see it as a " easy chore" (in my case i see all fractal except 100CM as an easy chore). Just curious, since because of time problem, i might not be able to do raid regardless of the answer anyway.

Depends on the encounter. Some are way easier than 100CM or 99CM (which is a bit easier than 100CM).

Some raid bosses, especially wing bosses, have do-or-die mechanics which will instantly annihilate you if missed. Can't heal through those. Raids are more varied in what is required compared to fractal CMs. If you can manage 99CM and 100CM you are absolutely able and ready to raid, probably even overqualified (which isn't meant to say you won't require practice).

In the end all raid bosses are practice and understanding, nothing more. I would worry less about being a burden and simply find a nice guild which raids regularly (doesn't have to be a hardcore raid guild) and just start.

Some raids, the 'event ones' feel quite similar to most fractals, but with more individual responsibility and risk of instant death. Most feel more like ark on t4 normal mode, just a longer boss fight.

As far as difficulty goes, most raids are somewhere between t4 and cm. The hardest bosses id put equal to 100cm. Dhuum is perhaps slightly harder.I dont feel raids are a 'chore' as I enjoy the content still after around 9 months of doing them weekly, but there is almost no risk of wiping. Even in a pug the only boss which may cause trouble is dhuum. I'd imagine after a few months you would also find raids a chore.

They are all scripted and all attacks, especially the onehit KO's are very highly telegraphed.

Raid difficulty is as varied as fractal difficulty. Anyone who can PUG 100/cm or 99/cm will be able to manage most raid bosses without struggle. Watch some of the vids for Wing 1 and Wing 4 and you might even be able to manage without training. (Although if you are serious about not being a burden, definitely find a training guild, such as Raiders in Training first and practice.)

You seem ready to me.

@"Atamazon.7062" said:What i want to know is in raid, with a decent group, do you feel much different from fractal (very different or fundamentally just a beefier fractal) ? Assume that you do raid everyweek for at least a year with groups that you consider decent, do you think "it is kinda a chore, we will clear it smoothly without fail" or do you think "we might get wipe here and there, maybe even ragequit". Do the fight become more randomize and chaotic, or is it still scripted that you can heal through any minor attack and get a clear indicator when a big attack coming (most likely when the boss lost 25% hp and the like).

For raid veteran, with a decent group, do you still consider raid a challenge, or do you see it as a " easy chore" (in my case i see all fractal except 100CM as an easy chore). Just curious, since because of time problem, i might not be able to do raid regardless of the answer anyway.

Initially it's the former, but once you've done the encounter enough times it becomes the latter. That's in static, though. While pugging, you do get a random element that can always get you wiped and/or ragequit.

You will never be sure to clear it without no problems, though. A lot of encounters have mechanics that can easily cause a wipe if someone makes a small mistake, so even groups that can clear the encounter while half-asleep or alt-tabbed to netflix can sometimes mess up and wipe. Even the best groups can sometimes need to redo a fight.

They are both on about the same level of an "easy chore", I guess. Something you run daily or once per week in about the same amount of time and almost as if on autopilot. However, opinions on difficulties can differ greatly as they will always be rather subjective. And I could add that you will have to rely on nine others rather than four and the fact that some encounters force multiple players to take care of "insta-wipe mechanics" which might cause more wipes than you are used to from Fractals and depending on how reliable the players you run with are going to be.

@"Atamazon.7062" said:Back then when i first try fractal, since i generally don't want to be a burden in anything, i'm very anxious when trying to do something new i'm not familiar to. But now i can clear all T4 + CM without breaking a sweat (except 100CM that i only clear 2 times out of 5 tries with pug training group). Since the heal and buff in this game is too strong, in a good group you might just face tank 95% of things and just stand there do your rotation with a bit dodge here and there + the fight is overall scripted, T4 fractal is (very) easy once you get use to it (i only do pug, if i have a fixed group it will be even more easier).

What i want to know is in raid, with a decent group, do you feel much different from fractal (very different or fundamentally just a beefier fractal) ? Assume that you do raid everyweek for at least a year with groups that you consider decent, do you think "it is kinda a chore, we will clear it smoothly without fail" or do you think "we might get wipe here and there, maybe even ragequit". Do the fight become more randomize and chaotic, or is it still scripted that you can heal through any minor attack and get a clear indicator when a big attack coming (most likely when the boss lost 25% hp and the like).

Depends on your role in the Raid, or more importantly, if the mechanics are already covered by other people.

Fractals, such as 100CM, generally impose mechanics on every single player, and each can be responsible for wiping the group if it goes badly.In raids, which are about the same difficulty on average as Fractal CM's (some bosses are harder, some are much easier), there are generally a couple of "free" slots on most bosses, with little to no mechanical pressures, which are quite easier to play in than something like a Fractal CM.

So it really just depends. But there is no reason to be overly intimidated by Raids, especially if you are doing T4 or even CM's just fine.Raids won't be an issue at all at that point.

@Doombringer BG.3740 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Depends on the encounter. Some are way easier than 100CM or 99CM (which is a bit easier than 100CM).

Funnily enough I find 99CM easier than T4 Oasis xD

Oasis final boss encounter is the bane of my existence - not because it is hard or anything but the flashing lights have a specific "tone" that gives me a massive buzz and a headache if we take longer than a few...

You might have something similar...

Archived