Easiest build/class for someone starting

Kas.3509

HiIm a long time GW2 player but played mainly PVE. In PVE I love playing any mesmer build.I really want The Ascension so it seems like Im going to be doing a lot of PvP and will have to do so with various classes.I don't really enjoy PvP and I find it stressful, so I would like you to recommend me a build that:1) I can easily learn and not annoy my teammates with being very bad2) Is not squishy and bursty -> it makes me stressed out3) Is quite mobile -> Id like to be able to at least attempt to escape when things go bad4) I probably won't go higher than silver, eventually gold anyway, so mind that

Some time ago I had a lot of luck with just taking some popular scourge build and spamming skills blindly. Suprisingly it seemed to work quite well.But if Im going to play it for like 2 months every day Id like to be able to get to know a build and understand it quite well..I also need like 3-4 different classes for the achi it seems.

ranger, warrior, mes have quite high survivability and mobility so maybe these are for youthese are more 1v1 oriented specs pushing for sidenodes, this way you will help the rest of the team the most.if you can't win the 1v1 focus on surviving or go to another node and try again, best way to learn it

@Koen.1327 said:ranger, warrior, mes have quite high survivability and mobility so maybe these are for youthese are more 1v1 oriented specs pushing for sidenodes, this way you will help the rest of the team the most.if you can't win the 1v1 focus on surviving or go to another node and try again, best way to learn it

Yes I think Id like to focus on 1 vs 1. As Im just starting I have no idea whats going on or who's even killing me in bigger fights so Im trying to avoid them.

Sounds like a Mesmer build is a good start for you because of your previous experience in PvE. Condi Mirage is a good choice for starting out as it performs very well against inexperienced and unaware players - you should get some immediate success. I'd stay clear of power Mirage though, it's easy to become a bit superfluous against certain team comps (and thus annoying your teammates) because it is outcompeted easily by Soulbeast, Holosmith, Herald and Thief. Wombo combos aren't enough anymore.

Archived