Mortar Kit Appearance

Dace.8173

Well, it used to look like a real mortar back in the time when it wasn't the elite kit, but a stationary object you could place for any player to use.http://ttsgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mortar.jpg

I guess they simply wanted to keep the name mortar and calling it grenade launcher if we already have a grenade kit would maybe be confusion for a few people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it used to look like a real mortar back in the time when it wasn't the elite kit, but a stationary object you could place for any player to use.

I guess they simply wanted to keep the name mortar and calling it grenade launcher if we already have a grenade kit would maybe be confusion for a few people.

holy shit that looked so cool...too bad I wasn't a gw2 player back then when it was still around.

Hope they bring this back!

Well, it used to look like a real mortar back in the time when it wasn't the elite kit, but a stationary object you could place for any player to use.

holy kitten that looked so cool...too bad I wasn't a gw2 player back then when it was still around.

It looked cool, but in general the skill was pretty much worthless.You had to stay in place to use it, it was overwriting your weapons skills and you couldn't use utility skills while using it. And the actual power of it was lackluster.

There was no reason to use it ever. Mortar kit is a huge improvement when it comes to gameplay, even if you might be unhappy with it aesthetically.

holy kitten that looked so cool...too bad I wasn't a gw2 player back then when it was still around.

It looked cool, but in general the skill was pretty much worthless.You had to stay in place to use it, it was overwriting your weapons skills and you couldn't use utility skills while using it. And the actual power of it was lackluster.

There was no reason to use it ever. Mortar kit is a huge improvement when it comes to gameplay, even if you might be unhappy with it aesthetically.

hhmm maybe devs can make the skills relevant along with the visual come back?

Wishful thinking of course.

Archived