Salvaging, charms and symbols...

Galmac.4680

Heya,

so tell me, what is a normal drop rate of charms and symbols after salvaging your loot? Since the introduction of these I got two ("2") of them. Just 2. And I play a lot, every day for some hours, sell worthy yellows, and salvage the rest. And just got 2 of that things in the whole time. I just got this dust. What's wrong with my account?

Galmac

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9wrctg/psa_salvage_kit_rarity_doesnt_influence_salvage/ has the rate from directly salvaging the upgradesWhich is1.9% for minor3.9% for major9% for superior

With a master's kit that has a 80% chance to salvage the upgrade that would make it.8 x 0.019 = 1.52% chance for masterwork items.8 x 0.039 = 3.12% chance for rares.8 x 0.09 = 7.2% chance for exotics

@Galmac.4680 said:Perhaps it was because I salvage mainly blues and only too few yellows or exotics (although there were some). Ok, thanks!

the rate for blues is same as before the changes ... 0%

Keep in mind, those salvage rates (which are low) are for salvaging Runes/Sigils, not gear. The rate would be much lower for gear, as there is only a chance at receiving a Rune/Sigil from blue (or other gear), and then a chance at receiving a Charm/Symbol from that. Also, it will be affected by the kind of salvaging kit you use (for gear).

Personally, since I have an excess of Mystic Forge Stones and don't play the most loot intesive stuff, I've switched to using Mystic Salvage Kit (equivalent to Master's/Silver-fed) on Masterwork as well.

So currently my salvaging goes:1) Copper-fed "Salvage all Fine and below"2) Mystic "Salvage all Masterwork and below"3) Mystic "Salvage all Rare"

It's an extra step compared to before, but I get a smallish but steady trickle of Symbols/Charms.

Archived