What to do with character bound items I can’t use?

So I have over 10 pieces of equipment that are high level and have that gold frame around them.

However, they are character bound to a character that can not use them. What should I do with them? Is there anything to do besides salvage or sell? And if the only thing to do is salvage them, should I wait until I have good salvage kits? I only have the lowest grade of salvaging kits because my highest level is 42....

If you need to know what gear I am talking about, just let me know.

In addition to the item's rarity (you mentioned gold frame, so I assume it's of rare quality), it depends on the item's required level. Rare gear above level 68 is best salvaged with the best salvage kit you have. This is because you have a chance to gain globs of ectoplasm, which is a material you'll need a lot for high-lvl equipment. For all other gear it's totally fine to use the basic salvage kit.

If it's worth a lot and can be sold, sell it.If it can be salvaged, salvage it.If it can be sold, sell it.Some stuff can only be destroyed.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:In addition to the item's rarity (you mentioned gold frame, so I assume it's of rare quality), it depends on the item's required level. Rare gear above level 68 is best salvaged with the best salvage kit you have. This is because you have a chance to gain globs of ectoplasm, which is a material you'll need a lot for high-lvl equipment. For all other gear it's totally fine to use the basic salvage kit.

If it's worth a lot and can be sold, sell it.If it can be salvaged, salvage it.If it can be sold, sell it.Some stuff can only be destroyed.

That's what I always do with equipment I can't use. Sell it on the Trading Post if I can, salvage it if I can't, sell it to a merchant if I can't salvage it. Although I'd add in putting it in the Mystic Forge before deleting it, but for that you need 4 items of the same rarity and it's not always worth hanging onto useless equipment waiting to get enough, especially since the Forge is unlikely to give you anything very valuable in return.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:You can also dump them in the Mystic Forge. You get non-bound stuff back, but only one for four. (Or one for three and a mystic forge stone.)

Just a heads-up regarding the forge stone. It's a "wild card" Lv.80, and in regards to mystic forge doing 4x specific weapon, if you use 3x specific and a forge stone, you will get an item that is not the weapon, because it's typically not. However, I would only use a forge stone if you don't care about the result; I would save them otherwise, unless you have a good amount of them (achievement threshold boxes tend to give you quite a few).

But yes, usually, if you have soulbound items, I would either dump them into the mystic forge and probably get something shiny back, or if you're not caring about it, just use your kits. You get materials and -- if the item is Rare or Exotic, you can get ectoplasm; if it's an Exotic 80, you can get globs of dark matter (needed for vision crystals).

@"phs.6089" said:Just salve them, not so worry of gold equipment in this game. It's fodder.Here is one tip to get you bit coins while leveling, start doing pve dailies :)it's 2 gold + 10AP + chank of exp and general knowledge of the game maphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

There is a cap on the daily AP points (15000), after that you don't get AP for doing dailys.

Archived