Hydra Rodeo?

How do I get credit for this achievement?

I'm supposed to use the lasso skill on the hydra while mounted. But the hydra dismounts me by putting me in combat -or- I cannot mount due to combat to begin with.The times I do get mounted, get the skill and use it on the hydra, it does not credit me for the achieve.

AyinMaiden gets it here, but I'm unable to replicate her result.

After the oil meta, get on your raptor. Stay on the raptor and don't engage in combat. Ideally, stay behind the Hydra until it starts running. Then, run ahead of it and start your lasso and keep moving. It helps if others are working on it, too.

A sneaky alternative is to place yourself on the hydra's route, rather than head to the spawn location. The route is always the same, so you can wait mounted until the hydra starts moving; the rest of the advice is the same.

adding: consider mentioning that you want the chieve in /squad or /map during the wait time between fixing the oil rigs and the legendary boss. Usually folks will have tips and someone might offer to party up with you to help.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:It's not just you that needs to lasso the hydra. Basically enough people need to do it to fill the second bar.

Good point.So far, it hasn't seemed to be a problem after full-map meta attempts. I'm sure that will change at some point, perhaps it even happens now during off-peak periods.

That might not be an issue. Today it seems to get lasso'ed much faster with fewer people.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:It's not just you that needs to lasso the hydra. Basically enough people need to do it to fill the second bar.

Good point.So far, it hasn't seemed to be a problem after full-map meta attempts. I'm sure that will change at some point, perhaps it even happens now during off-peak periods.

That might not be an issue. Today it seems to get lasso'ed much faster with fewer people.

I'd even argue that it gets lassoed and killed too fast nowadays. It isn't that uncommon for the hydra to loose 80% of it's life in the first burn phase, get lassoed before everyone even has a chance to get out of combat and mounted, and then is killed off.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:It's not just you that needs to lasso the hydra. Basically enough people need to do it to fill the second bar.

I just tried this, but the second bar, break bar was gone in less than a second after it appeared. After this, the Hydra was killed.I guess I'm just too old for this.

Edit: I got it. it looks like you CAN use your lassoo skill when the break bar is still black / locked, so you have a bit more time than I realized.

Video:

Archived