Remove the shadowstep restriction on Merciful Intervention

Nero.7369

Please remove the aspect "If no ally is present, this ability will not shadow step" on Merciful Intervention

Serval reasons:

• Clunky to use in fast and competive enviroements. So often the shadow step fails because when i want to port the person dodges or leaps so it misses. :sweat_smile:
  • Without shadow step to ally it is just a self heal, not really awesome to use :(
  • While we have serval ports, all only allow us to port up to a target, so it would be great to have one with out the need for a target :)

@"NeroBoron.7285" said:Please remove the aspect "If no ally is present, this ability will not shadow step" on Merciful Intervention

Serval reasons:

• Clunky to use in fast and competive enviroements. So often the shadow step fails because when i want to port the person dodges or leaps so it misses. :sweat_smile:
  • Without shadow step to ally it is just a self heal, not really awesome to use :(
  • While we have serval ports, all only allow us to port up to a target, so it would be great to have one with out the need for a target :)

This was suggested before (or making Judges Intervention area targetable instead of requiring a target). Anet does not think that guardians should be able to get out of combat (or have reliable movement speed), for reasons that are still stuck in 2012.

The skill is already very strong, particularly in WvW. A 1200 range instant 20% rez with a decent heal on it is a very powerful skill. I can't tell you how many time groups get carried by this because it functions as an almost instant rez if used right after someone gets downed. If they ever remove the ally requirement, it would most likely need to have the rez function significantly nerfed.

@Optimator.3589 said:But guardian mobility is supposed to be awful. You didn't get the memo?

Seems like I missed it :sweat_smile:

@otto.5684 said:This was suggested before (or making Judges Intervention area targetable instead of requiring a target). Anet does not think that guardians should be able to get out of combat (or have reliable movement speed), for reasons that are still stuck in 2012.Yea 45sec cd on a stunbreak with enemytarget port and a single stack of burn sucks atm compared to mesmers blink with Groundtarget port + Stunbreak on 30 Seconds it doesn't look great. But I'm generally fine on enemytarget port on an offensive skill, can also help when setting up a burst and the enemy ports shortly before you would port. A Buff on the offensive aspect would be great or a shorter cd. But they nerfed the amount of burning back then in 2017 :/

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:The skill is already very strong, particularly in WvW. A 1200 range instant 20% rez with a decent heal on it is a very powerful skill. I can't tell you how many time groups get carried by this because it functions as an almost instant rez if used right after someone gets downed. If they ever remove the ally requirement, it would most likely need to have the rez function significantly nerfed.

Yes in this szenarios it's awesome, but those szenarios won't benefit from that change so I don't see much need for a nerf of any component there. It only makes this skill a lot more useful if there is no ally.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:The skill is already very strong, particularly in WvW. A 1200 range instant 20% rez with a decent heal on it is a very powerful skill. I can't tell you how many time groups get carried by this because it functions as an almost instant rez if used right after someone gets downed. If they ever remove the ally requirement, it would most likely need to have the rez function significantly nerfed.

Why though? If you port without an ally there, you are ressing no-one with it.I would make it so that if you don't port to an ally, you don't get the heal either and it's just a port when untraited.

@Yannir.4132 said:I would make it so that if you don't port to an ally, you don't get the heal either and it's just a port when untraited.

Would just keep it as it is and remove the ally restriction. All other classes also have some benefits on port.

• Blink 30sec cd + stunbreak
  • Lightning Flash 40 sec cd and damage at location
  • Shadowstep 50sec cd, but breaks stun, removes 3 conditions and with a backport option

The restriction leaves the skill not used in most cases which is a waste,removing it would not make the skill op but would make it a viable substitute for another utility skill. It can be valuable in certain scenarios yes but there are always better choices than it due to the restriction. With mobility being at an all time high across the board it doesn’t make sense that it hasn’t been removed although I can see why it would have been implemented at release even though such restrictions always make the skill as clunky as it is usefull

@NeroBoron.7285 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:I would make it so that if you don't port to an ally, you don't get the heal either and it's just a port when untraited.

Would just keep it as it is and remove the ally restriction. All other classes also have some benefits on port.
  • Blink 30sec cd + stunbreak
  • Lightning Flash 40 sec cd and damage at location
  • Shadowstep 50sec cd, but breaks stun, removes 3 conditions and with a backport option

Considering how potent the skill is when traited with Monk's Focus, I wouldn't straight up remove all its restrictions. If the ports target restriction is removed, it needs a different trade off to what it has currently. If you build into the skill with Healing Power, and use it correctly, it's essentially a 2nd Healing Skill having more raw healing than Shelter for example on a similar cooldown.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Not a big fan of skills that are nearly useless in a 1v1 which is why I would love MI to function like blink, but I think there's a good chance it would end up being quite OP and overtune guardian mobility.

Not at all,guard would still fall behind all classes exept necro in mobility. The healing aspect may have to be shaved or somthing similar but I’m sure most guard players would be ok with that considering the skill being usefull in all instances and not jut when a ally is around, and that’s if ally doesn’t port or jump right when cast it causing it to do nothing lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Not a big fan of skills that are nearly useless in a 1v1 which is why I would love MI to function like blink, but I think there's a good chance it would end up being quite OP and overtune guardian mobility.

Not at all,guard would still fall behind all classes exept necro in mobility. The healing aspect may have to be shaved or somthing similar but I’m sure most guard players would be ok with that considering the skill being usefull in all instances and not jut when a ally is around, and that’s if ally doesn’t port or jump right when cast it causing it to do nothing lol

A DH with sword/greatsword, JI and MI is going to be more mobile than like 80% of the other popular roaming classes, beaten out only by mirage, thieves and maybe owl soulbeast if they also run GS. It would certainly be able to outrun any warrior build, holosmiths, revenant and eles.

I can tell you from experience that a melee DH running sword, GS, JI and with +25% MS is actually potent enough to stop a mirage from disengaging/resetting over a certain distance.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

A DH with sword/greatsword, JI and MI is going to be more mobile than like 80% of the other popular roaming classes, beaten out only by mirage, thieves and maybe owl soulbeast if they also run GS. It would certainly be able to outrun any warrior build, holosmiths, revenant and eles.

I can tell you from experience that a melee DH running sword, GS, JI and with +25% MS is actually potent enough to stop a mirage from disengaging/resetting over a certain distance.

Yeah cuz their known to be one of the least mobile and removing the restriction makes them now one of the most mobile? Right! Thief,mesmer,warrior,ranger all would still be more mobile and have better ranged options

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah cuz their known to be one of the least mobile and removing the restriction makes them now one of the most mobile? Right! Thief,mesmer,warrior,ranger all would still be more mobile and have better ranged options

The guardian class in general is known to be not so mobile but again, you can put together a very cohesive roaming build that features most of the mobility on guardian and it's ends up being very mobile compared to other classes. Adding another teleport on top of all of that (one that doesn't require a target) would essentially double their mobility.

25% movement from a rune which usually comes at a price of another usefull stat,fireworks is decent.gs leap which most classes have a leap,sword tele requires target so gap closer,wings of resolve a shorter leap,ji which requires target so gap closer only and the skill in question relies on ally to target,if they don’t leap or stealth or tele themselves making it do nothing. Roaming on guard can be ok and not what I’d consider slow but it in know way compares enough to the other Mobility most classes can have if as much effort is put into making it mobile,definitely not enough to keep the tele in question half useless

Most classes have little issues kitting around a guard do to its CD heavy playstyle,thieves,mes,soulbeast,warrior even holos with stealth etc dance around them,people complain about their aegis/aegis reset even though it uses those as a Defense for its mobility issues save for necro lol yet most classes these days were given as many blocks as well lol

I think the skills decent if arenet ever actually throws some meaningful nurfs to the powercrept club to change things up because adding more powercreep doesn’t help but if they keep doing what they’ve been doing and the specs not in the club don’t get some buffs the meta won’t change nor will the fotm classes. It will continue to be fb,scourge,mes,soulbeast,DE and holo and rest is uphill battle if that’s what u want to play.doesnt seem like a fun direction either

I would just be happy if they made it so if you targeted no allies the skill just failed, like skills that require a target to function. I don't use MI often, but I hate it when I try to use it and miss, or the ally moves suddenly, and I've just burned the CD, instead of getting a redo.

@JDub.1530 said:I would just be happy if they made it so if you targeted no allies the skill just failed, like skills that require a target to function. I don't use MI often, but I hate it when I try to use it and miss, or the ally moves suddenly, and I've just burned the CD, instead of getting a redo.

They could also increase the radius to give it a bit less room for error.

Archived