Core (power) roaming build?

felincyriac.5981

Just for fun (ofc), I've cycled through many variations of reaper, scourge and now I'm trying core. I've tried a core condi build (which was surprisingly decent, terror is pretty nice), did help me tremendously vs mirage (what a bs spec lol), but now I just want to see some big numbers (shame they made every extra damage traits non-crit..). So I'm thinking of this:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHhhu1IHNUdjF3gtNwhjjahCmABQDQHj1oanp9aPwA-jFSGQBIRZkQ2fogKdMwRAoeq/UuHAofAAnEA+oEMAwBglXe5lXe5q8yLv8yLv8yLvcA-w

I'm torn between using staff or just stick with the dagger. Staff gives that extra fear (I'm running dread), also does bleed which can help proc blood bond (so I don't have to run BiP), unblockable, range, LF etc. But I loose that sustain, boon corrupt&immob + either the wh or focus.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I don't see what dread and blood is power does for you. imo for a utility youre way better off taking wurm or corrupt boon.

I was thinking of just picking up staff, and dropping the BiP too. Dread, is just there for staff5->axe2, or staff 4 for a quick burst (43% additional damage), also have the 100% fear increase. There is 3s fear in shroud as well, but it's quite gimmicky.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:I don't see what blood is power does for you.

Blood is power has the exact same cooldown as bloodbond. It's bleeds are applied before the strike so it procs the trait , very reliably at that, and essentially puts another heal skill on your bar. I.e prevents the bonus/bugged heal from being wasted in shroud.

Allows you to trade a weapon slot for utility slot and ,since you are likely to take dagger instead of staff ,better sets up the trait into dagger 2 for max heal and max damage due to self bleeds , target bleeds and more might.

Combine with VP and things like earth runes your looking at another 5-6k heal as a utility slot.

You get a lot of sustain from it in short.

Blood is Power:

• Blood Bond synergy (basically another 5k + leeching heal, whose cooldown is nicely visualized because the cooldowns of Blood Bond and BiP are the same in WvW/PvP)
  • keeps kiting targets in combat because of the 1200 range bleed application
  • self bleed can be consumed via Spectral Walk (LF generation) or Consume Conditions (better healing)
  • self might buff for burst
  • burst buff because further attacks are leeching for ~300 damage

It's clunky to use but it's not too bad.

Nevertheless I think Dread and Fear of Death are wasted traits in that build.

Archived