Can't find a use for druid

Puma.3645

I love druid, i even made a legendary staff for it, but i am finding it not very useful in my style of play. See the things is, I have never raided and cant seem to get into training groups. I have tried using it open world in bounties in pof but that feels a bit aimless. I also tried doing it in fractals but lots of fractal mechanics dont require healers...So does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can feel useful playing druid if i dont raid?:/

What exactly is your style of play? I have a druid main that I use for everything. (Super casual play, no raids or high-level fractals.) Enough power and toughness to be survivable soloing PvE, and still all the healing power I need to be helpful in group battles. Double axes for solo play, staff for big boss fights.

Druid sucks balls outside of > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

What exactly is your style of play? I have a druid main that I use for everything. (Super casual play, no raids or high-level fractals.) Enough power and toughness to be survivable soloing PvE, and still all the healing power I need to be helpful in group battles. Double axes for solo play, staff for big boss fights.

Staff for big boss fights? Why your dps would be non-existent

And to op outside of raids it is pretty sub optimal unless you want to troll in wvw.

There are many playing styles to Druid. If you're trying a Raid build in open-world, you will be bored.

Fractals don't need healers ? Okay, maybe sometimes, but parties don't always have five players, don't always have experienced players, don't always have players fully equipped with ascended gear and agony resistance and alot of other things.. pug if you want to heal.

Keep in mind that, healers are poor in zergs and most effective when a few players try to do something hard. So focusing on something like PoF bounties or even world bosses likely would not achieve a good result, as these use one hit KO and skills have target caps.

Druid's ressing capability is next to none, having several traits and skills for it, and being able to teleport to allies with staff.They make excellent buffers with a full complement of spirits and can stack might.They're one of the few classes with not one, but THREE complete supportive skill sets (Shouts, Spirits, Glyphs).

Think outside the box, its one of the most dynamic subclasses in the game. The mistake that most people make is that they try to do raid build in other content, and that's not what those build are made for, for open-world, fractals, dungeons its better to experiment.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Druid sucks balls outside of > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

My staff is optimized for healing power. Other people do the DPS, I try to keep 'em alive and peel their dead bodies off the floor. Unless I am feeling more like DPS, then I keep my axes on. But frankly, I spend more time rezzing people during those fights than attacking, so my DPS is irrelevant.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Druid sucks balls outside of > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

My staff is optimized for healing power. Other people do the DPS, I try to keep 'em alive and peel their dead bodies off the floor. Unless I am feeling more like DPS, then I keep my axes on. But frankly, I spend more time rezzing people during those fights than attacking, so my DPS is irrelevant.

Why would you spend more time rezing? The only content that's nessesary in pveis t4 fracs (which shouldn't be when your healling or raids) your way better off going healing and preventing your team from downing in the first place

@Hannelore.8153 said:There are many playing styles to Druid. If you're trying a Raid build in open-world, you will be bored.

Fractals don't need healers ? Okay, maybe sometimes, but parties don't always have five players, don't always have experienced players, don't always have players fully equipped with ascended gear and agony resistance and alot of other things.. pug if you want to heal.

Keep in mind that, healers are poor in zergs and most effective when a few players try to do something hard. So focusing on something like PoF bounties or even world bosses likely would not achieve a good result, as these use one hit KO and skills have target caps.

Druid's ressing capability is next to none, having several traits and skills for it, and being able to teleport to allies with staff.They make excellent buffers with a full complement of spirits and can stack might.They're one of the few classes with not one, but THREE complete supportive skill sets (Shouts, Spirits, Glyphs).

Think outside the box, its one of the most dynamic subclasses in the game. The mistake that most people make is that they try to do raid build in other content, and that's not what those build are made for, for open-world, fractals, dungeons its better to experiment.

How is it dynamic? Pop spirits spam staff 5-3-2 1 cele form 4-3 1111 repeat

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Why would you spend more time rezing? The only content that's nessesary in pveis t4 fracs (which shouldn't be when your healling or raids) your way better off going healing and preventing your team from downing in the first place

Wow. I'm guessing you don't play any metas. Fallen bodies all over the place.

Ya I personally don't worry about meta events something about zerging just borers the hell out of me, sides if you die during open world uh I think someone needs to give ya a few pointers

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Ya I personally don't worry about meta events something about zerging just borers the hell out of me, sides if you die during open world uh I think someone needs to give ya a few pointers

Meta events are important many reasons including when trying to get a legendary.And yes there are players out that they are not perfect that (never die, that knew exactly how to play the game perfectly before they got on) so healing can and is a good in events like that and usually when playing an event like that just having a few healers can keep the game smooth by keeping most alive and helping those that have been downed. I always had fun playing the druid or revenant healer in those events. Its a nice way to enjoy a healing build and show there are people in the games that will help and heal rather then be a jerk and screams just cuz they got hit.

I have to disagree with you. If you're healing people they shouldn't be dropping. I have a Herald healer that I similarly have no use for (I don't raid) but occasionally I'll do a wb or something and just keep everyone standing. If someone needs rezzing I take that as a sign of failure on my part.

Having said that, wb events are notorious for people just standing there and letting the boss hit them. They make virtually no effort to mitigate or avoid damage. People like that don't deserve a rez imo.

@Biff.5312 said:

I have to disagree with you. If you're healing people they shouldn't be dropping. I have a Herald healer that I similarly have no use for (I don't raid) but occasionally I'll do a wb or something and just keep everyone standing. If someone needs rezzing I take that as a sign of failure on my part.

Cool. Let me know the next time you are fighting the Warmaster or Tequatl, and I will happily come along and watch you keep a hundred players alive.

Cool. Let me know the next time you are fighting the Warmaster or Tequatl, and I will happily come along and watch you keep a hundred players alive.

Well if ppl near you die, then he was kinda right. If they die on the other side of the dragon there wasnt much you could do about it.Druid is a pure support atm.I wish they would make it more interesting and gave hime more nuanced skills than just: you get healed, you get healed, everyone get healed (insert opera meme here).More CC would've been great and distinct lines that focus on either CA/PvP stuff,Healing stuff or CC.

• Run Nature's Vengeance, Grace of the Land, Windborn Notes
  • Pop five spirits (Water, Frost, Sun, Storm, Nature) for some easy boons and modifiers
  • Spread 25 might stacks to ten targets while in Avatar form
  • Spam Cosmic Ray in a wider circle to give out might to even more people
  • Use Call of the Wild as often as you can

Those steps alone make you more useful than pretty much everyone else around as your outgoing boons will have a much larger impact than any personal damage you could have had. Doesn't sound too exciting of course but neither does any other class or build in Open World PvE.

@Puma.3645 said:I love druid, i even made a legendary staff for it, but i am finding it not very useful in my style of play. See the things is, I have never raided and cant seem to get into training groups. I have tried using it open world in bounties in pof but that feels a bit aimless. I also tried doing it in fractals but lots of fractal mechanics dont require healers...So does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can feel useful playing druid if i dont raid?:/

One thing that gives me peace of mind in siren reef fractal is a player portait with a druid symbol...

Just ignore low to medium damage and just concentrate on pure DPS...

If there's no druid in team, ppl just hang back and hesitate to start boss fight implying others to jump in and take the first hit from boss attacks...

If no druid in party, I had to drop DPS by swapping to supportive pet for sharing spiritual reprive when party health drops mid to low...but on the plus side, I get relief and joy when looking at players health bar magically fill up from 25% to 80% ... Makes u feel like u controlled the outcome of the battle... ;)You might get the same experience ...

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Cool. Let me know the next time you are fighting the Warmaster or Tequatl, and I will happily come along and watch you keep a hundred players alive.

Well if ppl near you die, then he was kinda right. If they die on the other side of the dragon there wasnt much you could do about it.

This - and also I don't know about warmaster, but if people are dropping in Teq it's their own fault. The fingers no longer hit hard enough to one-shot you, which was really the only real danger in the first place. Again I'm not talking about keeping people up who are wilfully just refusing to dodge. They go down once, they get a rez - if they then continue to go toe-to-toe with the boss, yeah they can wp. And obviously I don't always succeed in keeping everyone up - but I aim for that. Certainly there shouldn't be so many bodies on the ground that I'm rezzing rather than healing.

• 2 weeks later...

T4s yes plz for the love of god bring a druid 1 boons 2 heals are still welcome 3 spotter and spirits.Raids we refuse any new druids pretty now if they dont use magi or harrier because toughness issues are insanely annoying to deal with.Wvw druid roamers are one of the most annoying people to deal with. Same with pvpOpen world bring more personal dps stats. Could look into diviner stats for open world druid.

Also to the above post...scourge is by far the strongest res bot in the game

Another thing people dont understand. 1 heal druid sustains around 8 people. Not 50......skills also prioritise the ones closest to you. So if people in a zerg are going down around you its their fault for sitting in bad spamming 1 all the time

Archived