Looking for an advise on a top tier dpser

Solis.4915

Hello,Pretty much I'm looking for an advise on which top tier dps class should i be playing to deal the most dps in most cases.I recently took interest in Power Chrono (W/ and W/o DT active) which i find somewhat fun to play, but then again i haven't tried much of the other power dps classes. Since I'm too inexperienced with the game, I thought it would be nice to have some opinions before I'm fully gearing my Power Chrono.

*I wouldn't mind if the rotation is hell or easy, I'm purely looking for the most dps/burst and not having much help with the big build sites (aka metabattle and SC).

Practical ones is any of the thief DPS specs since they are consistent and easy to play. After that I'd probably recommend mirage/renegade.

Weaver has the largest potential but you need to be babysat a ton and don't bring much utility if any at all while both the thief, guardian, holosmith, and renegade specs bring significant utility to bear.

For the next days, don't invest too much. There is a balance patch in the air and we don't know what it has in store.

Current meta is power dd, power chrono, weaver sword, renegade and mirage. Power chrono is the most tipped candidate to get hit harshly, together with possible mirage, but we won't know until the patch hit. Most likely next Tuesday but it is all up in the air given recent development.

If balance patch doesnt change too much, dragonhunter for power dps and renegade for condition dps. Honestly, I would be very surprised if mirage doesnt get a nerf, but it might not... then you can substitute renegade with mirage on all condition dps bosses.The margin however is quite small for power dps builds, so quite honestly: play whatever meta build you like. Personally I prefer staff daredevil and power chrono to dragonhunter, because dragonhunter bores me with its step-by-step rotation.In GW2 raids (and fractals) its not that important to play the best build, but rather to play your build to the best.

UPDATE-So I guess, for now, giving up on building up a mesmer is the right choice.. from all the recent nerfs mesmer doesn't feel safe to play any more. Even if the class will be still meta or at least in the higher numbers, being uncertain about a profession dou to nerfs fiesta isn't something i want to be dealing with when i'm choosing a main.

I was also planning on trying out DH but that 50% nerf to RI without a compensation really killed the vibe.

So I guess recreating my weaver is the only choice for me.. any thought from you guys would still be appreciated!

Archived