It seems non-mesmer ai can no longer be copied.

Daniel Handler.4816

Sorry, maybe I'm not clear ... I don't understand what this change means in terms of how it affects skills, gameplay, etc ... maybe I'm the only one? Are you saying that illusions can't be summoned with this skill even if the CD on the summon skill is reset? Maybe an example to illustrate what should happen and what actually happens?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Wth is non-mesmer ai?

Non-Illusion summons that produce ai
using a skill that goes on cooldown cannot be replicated if that cooldown is reset.

First off, using the term ai is vastly incorrect. You are not producing anything remotely ai. Summons, pets, henchmen etc are npcs (non player characters).

Okay, now that this confusion is our of the way, so what?

I have a feeling you are misunderstanding how Mesmer summoned work currently (aka the summoned phantasm gets replaced shortly after summoning by a clone). Maybe an explanation and example of this being a problem would help others understand your issues with this.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Wth is non-mesmer ai?

Non-Illusion summons that produce ai
using a skill that goes on cooldown cannot be replicated if that cooldown is reset.

First off, using the term ai is vastly incorrect. You are not producing anything remotely ai. Summons, pets, henchmen etc are npcs (non player characters).

Okay, now that this confusion is our of the way, so what?

I have a feeling you are misunderstanding how Mesmer summoned work currently (aka the summoned phantasm gets replaced shortly after summoning by a clone). Maybe an explanation and example of this being a problem would help others understand your issues with this.

A turret produced by take root is not a NPC. And this issue has nothing to do with Mesmer illusions. It's the additional skills we get such as the Mistfire Wolf that hasve been changed to not interact with Mesmer copy abilities.

Again YMMV, the major issue is this is not in any patch notes.

@Obtena.7952 said:Sorry, maybe I'm not clear ... I don't understand what this change means in terms of how it affects skills, gameplay, etc ... maybe I'm the only one? Are you saying that illusions can't be summoned with this skill even if the CD on the summon skill is reset? Maybe an example to illustrate what should happen and what actually happens?

If I were to use Thieves Guild on my thief, then use an adrenal mushroom to reset the cooldown and use the skill again, the first 3 AI thieves will be unsummoned. It is hardly a game changer in any way, but that is what he meant. It's not an exclusive mesmer thing.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Sorry, maybe I'm not clear ... I don't understand what this change means in terms of how it affects skills, gameplay, etc ... maybe I'm the only one? Are you saying that illusions can't be summoned with this skill even if the CD on the summon skill is reset? Maybe an example to illustrate what should happen and what actually happens?

If I were to use Thieves Guild on my thief, then use an adrenal mushroom to reset the cooldown and use the skill again, the first 3 AI thieves will be unsummoned. It is hardly a game changer in any way, but that is what he meant. It's not an exclusive mesmer thing.

It isn't a game changer but it should still have been in the patch notes. And despite being non-exclusive it affects mesmer more since we have access to mimic and continuum shift.

Archived