Can Pain Absorption be a little more useful in solo situations?

Shao.7236

Like to gain extra resistance from not how many conditions you transfer from teammates, but rather how much you already have on yourself for a maximum of 5 and having teammates around be more preferably helping to achieve that? There's no real reason why it would be OP since it's easy to strip and spamming the skill would quickly reduce any options to be effective. Partly due to how underwhelming as a stunbreak it is and often too unsafe to complete, the amount of resistance gained barely justify using it to nullify condition damage in duels compared going offensive all the way.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Do you realize you have a subforum fo revenant and every stupid idea you have shouldnt be posted in PVP section ?

Oh sorry, I didn't know that one specific idea only has to be discussed by only one specific professions and nobody else to that plays anything else have to put their thoughts out about it. Since you know the general idea being is getting the word out on where the people will mostly care to look anyway for an underplayed profession in the most inactive part of the forum.Now you know. Just imagine how PvP subforum would look like if everyone would do the same as youEdit: I'd move the topic just for you if I could. Sorry if that ruins your day!Sorry to dissapoint you but not even close .

@Odik.4587 said:

@Odik.4587 said:Do you realize you have a subforum fo revenant and every stupid idea you have shouldnt be posted in PVP section ?

Oh sorry, I didn't know that one specific idea only has to be discussed by only one specific professions and nobody else to that plays anything else have to put their thoughts out about it. Since you know the general idea being is getting the word out on where the people will mostly care to look anyway for an underplayed profession in the most inactive part of the forum.Now you know. Just imagine how PvP subforum would look like if everyone would do the same as youEdit: I'd move the topic just for you if I could. Sorry if that ruins your day!Sorry to dissapoint you but not even close .

Better something to offer even if it's someone you don't like than to go into other people's threads and put evaluation.Sorry, nothing personal. Just an observer like you.

If we are talking about resistance the Anet it is time to remove have stability protection from fear and taunt. Still, this condition effects and for this there is resistance.

@Odik.4587 said:Now you know. Just imagine how PvP subforum would look like if everyone would do the same as youYou don't have to assume what I can and can't do, you don't know me nor what I have read or gone for. It was a very big sarcastic remark of me towards your passive insult.

@Maddog.3716 said:If we are talking about resistance the Anet it is time to remove have stability protection from fear and taunt. Still, this condition effects and for this there is resistance.That's only if the attack strips the boon, like staff Necro or Sigil of Annulment, Resistance is immune to both otherwise.

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:I always thought if pain absorption had a cost between 10-15 energy and 5 sec CD it will work much better in all situations.

10-15e is too small for a big utility skill.

That is why there is a CD. The problem is as Mallyx is currently setup the energy costs are its determinet.

that cooldown means little as you wouldn't normally use it more than once every few seconds anyhow already.

@otto.5684 said:I always thought if pain absorption had a cost between 10-15 energy and 5 sec CD it will work much better in all situations.

The main reason why most skills have high energy cost makes triggering Charged Mists a lot easier.

Per say, would be really cool to see some change with PA to be more useful in solo situations, because while I have complained about Rite Of The Great Dwarf in the past for it's long cast, at least the effect of the skill is really useful and impossible to nullify in any fashion, while both are possible to interrupt, PA is possible to entirely deny.

Like if you compare two of these skills you can see why Anet did it this way but honestly since resistance is the VERY first thing to get stripped no matter what, it would be wise to just make Resistance earned via conditions on self and not absorbed from. If anything, reducing the amount of conditions to benefit from would also be a good call if the skill was to work that way instead to keep balance in check. Like instead of 5 make it 3 for an 3 seconds while still having 1 condition for 5 teammates to be transferred. You RARELY ever get to transfer 5 conditions since teams normally don't hang out together in PvP while in WvW it's obviously just a mess from the start of anything.

Archived