Could non-humans become Exalted?

Tekoneiric.6817

The rituals that created the Exalted were of Forgotten/Mursaat origin, and later altered in order to create the Forged. Given that some of the Forged aren't even bipedal creatures and that the ritual basically turns you into living energy encased in a shell, it's conceivably possible for any living thing to become Exalted (or Forged) if the correct rituals and bloodstone magic are applied.

Trouble is, the only people we ever see with access to those rituals or that magic are insanely powerful NPCs in the game, and almost never the good guys.

@Detergente Ariel.8147 said:Yes. Its possible. With the departure of the gods nobody is watching the process so its no longer human exclusive

it was an ancient ritual of the Forgotten, the human gods never had anything to do with it

At this stage, the true ritual is probably now truly lost, as Balthazaar was the last person to laid their eyes on the 'instructions'

The ritual Balthazaar used to create the Forged is a modified version of the original ritual, by forcibly shoving a soul into armor and binding it to the caster's will, as he did with Herald of Balthazar, aka Devona.

Blish uploaded his conscious into a golem, just like what we see in Asura's personal story, but whether the context in Asura's term 'conscious' = 'soul' we dont know

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Detergente Ariel.8147 said:Yes. Its possible. With the departure of the gods nobody is watching the process so its no longer human exclusive

it was an ancient ritual of the Forgotten, the human gods never had anything to do with it

At this stage, the true ritual is probably now truly lost, as Balthazaar was the last person to laid their eyes on the 'instructions'

The ritual Balthazaar used to create the Forged is a modified version of the original ritual, by forcibly shoving a soul into armor and binding it to the caster's will, as he did with Herald of Balthazar, aka Devona.

Blish uploaded his conscious into a golem, just like what we see in Asura's personal story, but whether the context in Asura's term 'conscious' = 'soul' we dont know

I mean, weren't golems originally made by binding the souls of elementals already? Back in EotN? I'm almost positive that soul and consciousness are just the same thing, gotta remember what seems like future tech that the Asura use actually just runs on applied magic.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I mean, weren't golems originally made by binding the souls of elementals already? Back in EotN? I'm almost positive that soul and consciousness are just the same thing, gotta remember what seems like future tech that the Asura use actually just runs on applied magic.

The elemental essence thing was one of Zinn's experiments, per Nicholas the Traveler, that we never got to see the outcome of. And not really their soul but whatever that essence stuff they drop is - djinn flesh, I guess?

The Iron Forgeman, which wasn't a golem, was powered by three bound and living fire djinn though.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I mean, weren't golems originally made by binding the souls of elementals already? Back in EotN? I'm almost positive that soul and consciousness are just the same thing, gotta remember what seems like future tech that the Asura use actually just runs on applied magic.

The elemental essence thing was one of Zinn's experiments, per Nicholas the Traveler, that we never got to see the outcome of. And not really their soul but whatever that essence stuff they drop is - djinn flesh, I guess?

The Iron Forgeman, which wasn't a golem, was powered by three bound and living fire djinn though.

It's a bit vague what "essence" could mean I suppose. Maybe golems just have a sort of artificial soul. I'd still venture to say that Blish's soul does inhabit the golem he's in. Does make me wonder how related golems and exalted might be.

Archived