Chronomancer (and holosmith) Roaming

Zahrak.6382

On this build I have defender runes (try to get around 20k hp for 1k heals on blocks).Sword/shield is hydro/energy and scepter/sword is severance + absorb or draining, whichever you prefer.

It can fight well almost every class (thieves giving the most issue) and if you can't beat it, you most probably can stalemate.Has huge impact in party roaming. Have fun!

@Daccura.4769 said:Ty for this. I'm gonna try it out! Is the link up to date for the build? It seems u use different sigils on your weapons.

Hey! I You can swap around the sigils as you wish and find out whats working out best for you. Celerity is good, I just started recently using it (after this video).It gives nice stack of quickness especially with diviners trinkets and chaos trait line. You should also note, you don't need to interrupt enemy to gain the quickness from celerity.

@"TyPin.9860" said:I was a bad mesmer. Just wanted to share, how this build (or my adaptation of it) can easily motivate to do evil :D

Nice!I've had a similar moment a few days ago where I managed to catch 3 Rangers (2 sb 1 dr) in my well. It was enough CC chained together to down all three of them even through their Stone Signets that proced on 50%.

My version of this build is:Duel 111 Illu 113 and Chrono 211Sc/P + Gs (Force/Severance + Force/Air)Heal Well, Decoy, Blink, MoDistraction, gWellMarauder Armor (Rune of the Pack) Rest Berserker.

Nice builds - kind of made me interested in messing around with chrono again (as long as I turn sound effects down a bit to cope with alacrity!) - I had no idea they had buffed things like Lost Time/Delayed Reactions etc. Always wanted to have a go at that interrupt chrono play instead of chronophantasma shatter spam.

Ahhh Zahrak the resetter.

We had 4 encounters last night (you camped between SM and our keep). One time you won. 3 times you resetted.

People like you are the reason the mount should stay as it is. It's pointless to be forced to fight you over and over again without getting a reward.

@"Rotten.5371" said:Looks fun! Can someone explain the difference between power mirage vs chronomancer? Is there any disadvantages to using one elite spec over the other?

In general (although there may be many different types of power builds)

Chrono --> More cc and more offensive/burst focused (without shield)Mirage --> More defensive focused and more mobility

1. Chrono has 'Time Marches On' for 25% increased movement speed but 'Mirage Thrust" more than makes up for this in Mirage. Additionally, mobility isn't just about running in a straight line. Traits like 'Jaunt' on mirage for example allow you to blink up to certain locations that you wouldn't be able to walk a straight line to.

2. With Chrono you can double burst with mind wrack or gravity well burst enemies. This is fairly quick damage. However, with mirage if you use 'Infinite Horizon' and 'Split Surge' it is more about whittling them down a little before going for a KO (not that you cannot do both with both specs).

3. I hope I don't get flack for this somehow but personally I feel power chrono is better against novice players and harder against experienced players while power mirage is the opposite. For example, novice players may easily fall victim to a gravity well or not expect a double burst. However, with experienced players this is not necessarily the case. Even you you cc chain like using 'Illusionary Wave' before placing 'Gravity Well' most experienced players have a stun break that they will use to get out of this situation since they know they will be dead if they don't. Additionally, with chrono it becomes a lot more beneficial if your opponent does not have stability. However, with mirage your will never get what is displayed in the video above.

In conclusion, both specs are fun in their own ways.

Hope this helps

@Xstein.2187 said:

@"Rotten.5371" said:Looks fun! Can someone explain the difference between power mirage vs chronomancer? Is there any disadvantages to using one elite spec over the other?

In general (although there may be many different types of power builds)

Chrono --> More cc and more offensive/burst focused (without shield)Mirage --> More defensive focused and more mobility
  1. Chrono has 'Time Marches On' for 25% increased movement speed but 'Mirage Thrust" more than makes up for this in Mirage. Additionally, mobility isn't just about running in a straight line. Traits like 'Jaunt' on mirage for example allow you to blink up to certain locations that you wouldn't be able to walk a straight line to.
  2. With Chrono you can double burst with mind wrack or gravity well burst enemies. This is fairly quick damage. However, with mirage if you use 'Infinite Horizon' and 'Split Surge' it is more about whittling them down a little before going for a KO (not that you cannot do both with both specs).
  3. I hope I don't get flack for this somehow but personally I feel power chrono is better against novice players and harder against experienced players while power mirage is the opposite. For example, novice players may easily fall victim to a gravity well or not expect a double burst. However, with experienced players this is not necessarily the case. Even you you cc chain like using 'Illusionary Wave' before placing 'Gravity Well' most experienced players have a stun break that they will use to get out of this situation since they know they will be dead if they don't. Additionally, with chrono it becomes a lot more beneficial if your opponent does not have stability. However, with mirage your will never get what is displayed in the video above.

In conclusion, both specs are fun in their own ways.

Hope this helps

Quite right. Mirage is overall better skirmisher due to elusive nature. However chrono abilities feel impactful, thats why I love it. You can really turn the fight around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived