I like what Warclaw has done

I actually like the fact that lots of more new players are in the game. On our server at least we have many people trying to learn and enjoying themselves.

it’s actually quite refreshing to see so many people actually run with the group and learn and have fun.

I am an old timer in this game in years old and in years played so I have tons of experience in world versus world and frankly as much as I hated the idea to begin with it turns out it really wasn’t that bad.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I actually like the fact that lots of more new players are in the game. On our server at least we have many people trying to learn and enjoying themselves.

it’s actually quite refreshing to see so many people actually run with the group and learn and have fun.

I am an old timer in this game in years old and in years played so I have tons of experience in world versus world and frankly as much as I hated the idea to begin with it turns out it really wasn’t that bad.

You're doing it wrong. You can't come to the wvw boards and not moan and complain as a veteran. Try again. :#

On a more serious note, same for me. Obviously this week and likely the next 1-2 weeks will be very unusual in WvW.My personal thought process is this:

• things will normalize, that's when it will become interesting how the Warclaw affects the game mode and if it requires adjustments
  • hopefully a fraction of the players giving WvW a try will stick around to push the game modes popularity and activity
  • more players playing might lead to more developer resources devoted to WvW

Everything else short term, I really don't care or mind. It is kind of cute seeing people who are absolutely clueless enter the mode. A nice throwback to the early days of WvW.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I actually like the fact that lots of more new players are in the game. On our server at least we have many people trying to learn and enjoying themselves.

You're doing it wrong. You can't come to the wvw boards and not moan and complain as a veteran. Try again. :#

On a more serious note, same for me. Obviously this week and likely the next 1-2 weeks will be very unusual in WvW.My personal thought process is this:
  • things will normalize, that's when it will become interesting how the Warclaw affects the game mode and if it requires adjustments
  • hopefully a fraction of the players giving WvW a try will stick around to push the game modes popularity and activity
  • more players playing might lead to more developer resources devoted to WvW

Everything else short term, I really don't care or mind. It is kind of cute seeing people who are absolutely clueless enter the mode. A nice throwback to the early days of WvW.

lol... waaaah.... there we go... all done...

As for the 'clueless' ones. Oh how I remember my first time I went into wvw. I couldn't understand why those three people kept killing me everytime I left spawn. I didn't know there was more than one exit. I didn't go back for a long time. When I did go in again I had friends that understood the mode and helped me out. I have deep sympathy for the new folks and frankly am very happy to spend all the time it takes running pretty little karma trains teaching the base mechanics. The fight stuff can come later.

In the meantime it seems that with a small set of experienced people (10-15) in my squad, augmented by a ton of pugs we've been pretty successful at winning most of the fights we get into. Ooohhh we get owned by well organized groups but there's not that many out there right now. So it's really, as I said, a lot more fun than I thought it would be and the newbies are joining our guilds and hopefully will stay!

Archived