PSA March 2019 US Time Change is This Weekend

Reminder to those who don't track such things, this Saturday night (March 9-10) is when most of the US sets clocks forward one hour so everything feels like it's an hour earlier. Since the in-game event cycle doesn't change, that means that everything will shift an hour. Daily reset will be an hour later by the clock; eg if you are Eastern time, reset will move from 7 pm to 8 pm. And if you are used to figuring out which Peaks meta is coming up by whether it's an odd or even hour, north and south will swap odd/even.

If you're not changing time, be ready for your friends who are springing forward to be extra grumpy and sleep deprived for a bit when dealing with making raids on time and such.

Please confine discussion of this to game-related matters; whatever your feelings about the merits or lack thereof of this time change they won't stop it from happening and it usually becomes an unhappy derailment. Also this is a US PSA because that's the time zone I'm in, not because I'm playing favorites. My understanding is that Europe has a similar issue coming up; hopefully an EU player will be able to PSA the details on that when it's time.

Thanks for the reminder. :) I always find the period between the US and European time changes especially confusing, I'm not good with time zones anyway and having to remember there's an extra hour in there always throws me.

Europe does their time change towards the end of the month. I can never remember when exactly, until someone tells me it's happening (or at least once when I woke up and my phone and PC were out of sync with my watch and other offline clocks and I was not awake enough to work out what was going on).

In European Union its:

• Summertime: Last Sunday of March till last Sunday of October (GMT+1 / CET at 3 am), this year in night of Saturday 30 March

• Wintertime: Last Sunday of October till last Sunday of March (GMT+1 / CET at 3 am), this year in night of Saturday 26 October

• there are a few exceptions and it may change in future due to speech of Europe that wants to get rid of clock changes (either as whole Europe or as individual countries each on their own decision)

I'm not good with time zones anywayThe Windows Clock (and I believe Mac's) allows you to display (on mouse over) up to three time zones. I usually choose my local, plus UTC, plus whatever 'crazy' time zone one of my guildies is in (e.g. India, which complicates things by being 30 minutes off, due to where their longitude lines lie).

A couple of websites also help. You can set more than a few time zones. For example:https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html

And of course, any smart phone can also track multiple time zones via its clock.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:In European Union its:

• Summertime: Last Sunday of March till last Sunday of October (GMT+1 / CET at 3 am), this year in night of Saturday 30 March

• Wintertime: Last Sunday of October till last Sunday of March (GMT+1 / CET at 3 am), this year in night of Saturday 26 October

• there are a few exceptions and it may change in future due to speech of Europe that wants to get rid of clock changes (either as whole Europe or as individual countries each on their own decision)

Thanks, very useful info! I suggest doing a post about it a day or so before the change, because people will forget all about it this "long" before it happens. Best to have reminders when it's looming so they can keep it in their heads as a thing that's happening. I know I appreciate the reminders about the US one, getting those reminded me to post this thread ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived