Magic find, karma, xp, etc Boosts

Bamm.6975

Returning player here. I have a ton of boosters for various things in my bags and bank. Is there an optimal way to use them? You used to want to use karma boosters before consuming karma but I think that went away.

Just checking as I like to be efficient and I am not seeing any current info in my searches with clear enough answers.

Thanks!

You still can use karma boosters for big meta events such Dragon Stand or WvW but this days when karma retribution is thing and each daily in LW maps gives 1.5k karma it's not vital.Exp for leveling both character level and mastery exp.mag find up to you I use for meta events and hope for better loot and save some for Lunar New year

I use the XP ones for increasing WvW or PvP reward track progress to maximize the benefits of time spent there.I have so much karma that I don't really need a boost, so they get converted to enchanted reward boosts and turned into another, more useful boost.Magic find for opening unidentified gear (at least until the change next week) and during lunar new year.
Old crafting boosts would get converted if I still had them.Gathering boosts are useful and self-explanatory.

Here is a list of all the Boosters you may have in your bank and bags. It saves you the trouble of looking everything up separately on the wiki. In the Note, you can find proper descriptions about the Boosters purpose and usefulness.

In addition there are a few options to make your life a little easier. Just travel to any of the big towns (racial) and talk to the Black Lion Trader [Armorsmith]. Pick the first option: What is boost Enchantment Powder? => I'd like you to do the Enchantment for me.

You get to a vendor with several tabs. In the list below (spoiler), some Boosts are marked with a (X) or a (Y). That means they can be stacked together.

(X) Utility Buffs: Karma Booster, Experience Booster, Kill Streak Experience Booster, Magic Find Booster, Crafting Booster, Gathering Booster=> Enchanted Reward Boost

(Y) Combat Buffs: Strength Booster, Speed Booster, Armor Booster, Rejuvenation Booster=> Enchanted Combat Boost

That saves a lot of storage space. You can also use this method to convert certain boosters into others. For example if you have an old Kill Streak Experience Booster, you turn it into the Enchanted Reward Boost. Then you open that and select a Gathering Boost.

WARNING: There is one bug/problem. Never convert a Karma Booster to a Enchanted Reward Boost! You cannot get the Karma Booster back. It is not on the list of the Enchanted Reward Boost. Also it consumes 2 Karma Boosters to create one Enchanted Reward Boost. Just don't!

The Enchantment Powder conversion is an old (discontinued) feature, which still works. It only works with Boosters that have not been updated over the years. For example it does work with the old Magic Find Booster, but not with the new Item Booster. Same goes for the old & new Experience Boosters. It is still a useful method to tidy your storage and exchange certain Boosters into others.

Karma Booster

Karma Booster (X)Rarity: fine+50 % Karma gainDuration: 1 hourWorks with: Karma from events & Orphans.Does not work with: Consumeable Karma items.Note: Still pretty useful. Keep them for the annual Wintersday Event which always takes place around the beginning of December. If used correctly (together with other karma-enhancing buffs) you can easily make millions of karma within a few days.

EXP Boosters

Experience Booster (X)Rarity: fine+50 % Experience from kills (1 hour)Duration: 1 hourNote: This is a discontinued version = you can no longer get them.

Experience BoosterRarity: masterwork+50 % Experience in all Game Types+50 % Reward Track Gain in sPvP and WvWvW+100 % Bonus Experience for Kill StreaksDuration: 30 minutes_Note: Obtainable from the Laurel Merchant._

Experience_BoosterRarity: rare+50 % Experience in all Game Types+50 % Reward Track Gain in sPvP and WvWvW+100 % Bonus Experience for Kill StreaksDuration: 2 hoursNote: Obtainable from Gemstore, Achievement Chests and Black Lion Chests.

Killstreak Experience Booster (X)Rarity: fine+10 % Experience from kills per Stack (max. 100 %)Duration: 1 hourNote: Kill Streaks have to be executed within 60 seconds or less, else the stacks start dropping. This is discontinued Booster = you can no longer get them.

WXP Boosters

WXP BoosterRarity: fine, masterwork, rare+50 % WvW Experience BonusDuration: 1 h, 1h, 2 h, 4 h, 10 h_Note: Currently very useful if you want to obtain the Warclaw Mount and/or legendary armor._

WXP Mini-BoosterRarity: fine+50 % WvW Experience BonusDuration: 15 minutesNote: Same as the regular WXP Booster, just shorter. There also exists a bugged version of this without a description-tooltip, effect is the same. However both are different items, so they will not stack.

Magic Find Boosters

Magic Find Booster (X)Rarity: fine+ 50% Magic FindDuration: 1 hourNote: This is a discontinued Booster, formerly obtainable from Gemstore. It was Replaced by the Item Booster (see below).

Item BoosterRarity: rare+50% Magic Find+50% Chance of Critical Crafting Experience Gain+33% Chance of Extra Gathering Strike10 seconds of Swiftness after GatheringDuration: 2 hours_Note: Summons a Black Lion Merchant If Your Inventory Is Full after Gathering (20-Minute Cooldown). Replaced the outdated Magic Find Booster (see above). Obtainable from the Gemstore, Achievement Chests, Bandit Coin Purse_

Item BoosterRarity: masterwork+50% Magic Find+50% Chance of Critical Crafting Experience Gain+33% Chance of Extra Gathering Strike10 seconds of Swiftness after GatheringDuration: 30 minutes_Note: Same as the regular Item Booster, but with shorter duration. Obtainable from the Laurel Merchant._

Special Boosters

Gathering Booster (X)Rarity: fineGain 10 Seconds Swiftness when Gathering+33% at extra resourcesDuration: 1 hourNote: Obtainable from Achievement Chests. Useful for gathering characters.

Laureate Coin BoosterRarity: masterwork+30% Coins from KillsDuration: 1 hour_Note: A Laurel Merchantt exclusive Booster. Have not encountered a situation where this would have been useful, yet._

Heroic BoosterRarity: exotic+50% Experience in All Game Types+50% PvP Reward Track GainUp to 100% Bonus Experience for Kill Streaks+50% Magic Find+50% Chance of Critical Crafting Experience Gain+33% Chance of Extra Gathering Strike10 seconds of Swiftness after GatheringDuration: 2 hours_Note: Basically a combination of the Item Booster and the Experience Booster. Summons a Black Lion Merchant If Your Inventory Is Full after Gathering (20-Minute Cooldown). Obtainable from the Gemstore, Black Lion Chest Merchant, Personal Story rewards._

Celebration BoosterRarity: masterwork+100% Magic Find+100% WvW Rank gain+100% Experience from Kills+100% Gold from Kills+10% PvP Reward Track progress+10% WvW Reward Track progressDuration: 1 hour (stackable up to 7 days)Note: Obtained from Login Rewards.

Birthday BoosterRarity: rare+100% Magic Find+100% WvW Rank gain+100% Experience from Kills+100% Gold from Kills+10% PvP Reward Track progress+10% WvW Reward Track progressDuration: 1 day (stackable up to 7 days)Note: Obtainable from character birthdays.

Crafting Booster (X)Rarity: fine+50% Chance to get bonus Experience from craftingDuration: 1 hourNote: Obtainable from Achievement Chests. Useful to level crafting disciplines.

Combat Boosters

Armor Booster (Y)Rarity: masterwork-5% incoming DamageDuration: 1 hourNote: Does not work in PvP, WvW and Raids. Obtainable from Achievement Chests and Leveling Rewards. Not really useful in PvE, maybe helpful in fractals.

Rejuvenation Booster (Y)Rarity: masterworkRegenerates health per second, depends on effective level (= scaling)Duration: 1 hourNote: Does not work with PvP, WvW and Raids. Obtainable from Achievement Chests and Leveling Rewards. Regenerates 40 HP per second on level 80. Not really useful in PvE, maybe helpful in fractals.

Speed Booster (Y)Rarity: masterwork+15% SpeedDuration: 1 hourNote: Does not work with PvP, WvW and Raids. Obtainable from Achievement Chests and Leveling Rewards. Not really useful in PvE, maybe helpful in fractals.

Strength Booster (Y)Rarity: masterwork+5% outgoing DamageDuration: 1 hourNote: Does not work with PvP, WvW and Raids. Obtainable from Achievement Chests and Leveling Rewards Not really useful in PvE, maybe helpful in fractals..

Note: The list is handwritten, so I may have made a few mistakes. If you find some big errors, please tell me. Thank You! ^^

[Edit] Writing this abomination took longer than I thought. Seems you have already received the information you needed. Anyway, maybe it helps someone else.

The boosters with several effects like the Heroic Booster, Experience Booster and especially the Birthday Booster ( of which you might have a few, depending on the length of your absence) all seem most beneficial in WvW. Of course, it depends on what you want to focus on in the game.

Archived