Reward points at first tick

OutOfMyMind.9613

I noticed something today that seems like it has changed to the detriment of the player. If I enter WvW and are in the middle of a tick no reward points seem to be given at the end of the first tick. So say I have 54 reward points, am at tier 6 (195 points), and it is 2 mins till the tick. After that 2 min is up I will still have 54 points and will have to wait another 5 min till the next tick to get the 195 reward points. This has happened on 3 different accounts (so far) today, so it isn't a random thing. I am pretty sure this is something new, because on 2 of my accounts the only reason I WvW is the reward track progress and to finish dailies if I can't easily get 3 in PvE. When I am in WvW on those accounts I watch the reward points all the time.

@Blocki.4931 said:This change went live a while ago when they changed how participation decays. If you leave WvW you will keep all of it, but the first tick won't award any points to prevent any abuse a la going into WvW every 4:45, getting points and then leaving again.

Exactly this.

It ensures you stay in WvW for at least 5 whole Minutes..

Dang, I can’t even say that without SMH.,,

It was just a matter of time before someone complained about this...

Archived