Wing 7 Air Djin Chrono advice — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Wing 7 Air Djin Chrono advice

Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

Is it possible to use a scepter instead of sword ?
When I use the first sword second ability to create a clone, I also use the clone teleport ability
Which teleport me into a small tornado into the way of the giant tornado which murders me
and makes me feel like a kid who does a cool 360 trick on a skateboard only to fall hard at the end

Or is there a trick to make your clone go where its safe to teleport into?

Comments

  • Kahlan.7249Kahlan.7249 Member ✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

    wait why do you have to use the clone teleport thing?

    i'm assuming by "first sword second ability" you mean sword 3 or illusionary leap

    mai trin farm 2k19, the place to be--- sparky skell alex radomir ghastly lisa frank qante mercy bacon cat aj nay ++ and yours truly, me :')

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

    There is no specific reason to run sword as chrono besides having access to sword 2 for the 1 second Blur on Blurred Frenzy. If you are having issues with managing how often you press buttons (in this case sword 3 twice), then you are likely not making use of sword 2 defensively to begin with.

    As such, yes you could run scepter. You might want to give a thought to having someone else in your raid group run chrono though.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kahlan.7249 said:
    wait why do you have to use the clone teleport thing?

    i'm assuming by "first sword second ability" you mean sword 3 or illusionary leap

    The Swap part of Illusionary Leap yes
    It can be used defensively with this boss?

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

    @Rico.6873 said:

    @Kahlan.7249 said:
    wait why do you have to use the clone teleport thing?

    i'm assuming by "first sword second ability" you mean sword 3 or illusionary leap

    The Swap part of Illusionary Leap yes
    It can be used defensively with this boss?

    No, and you shouldn't be pressing the Swap (Sword 3 2nd cast) after Illusionary Leap (Sword 3 1st cast) once the tornado spaws, or at all for that matter. There is literally no reason to switch places with your clone during this fight, ever.

  • Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Rico.6873 said:

    @Kahlan.7249 said:
    wait why do you have to use the clone teleport thing?

    i'm assuming by "first sword second ability" you mean sword 3 or illusionary leap

    The Swap part of Illusionary Leap yes
    It can be used defensively with this boss?

    No, and you shouldn't be pressing the Swap (Sword 3 2nd cast) after Illusionary Leap (Sword 3 1st cast) once the tornado spaws, or at all for that matter. There is literally no reason to switch places with your clone during this fight, ever.

    Agreed, tried not using the switch but at the heat of the battle, dodging the giant tornado, rezzing allies before they get swallowed up, running into the small tornadoes to dodge his giant AOE and then running to side of the platform to be shielded by a protective barrier and then trying not to get hit by small tornadoes so we can all cc him in one go.

    My fingers slip and I double press the clone swap which launches me into a small tornado right into the big one where I die.

    Only had this happen to me 2x at the last 20% of his hp :(

    And the funny part is the F4 chrono swap, that swap doesn't kill me.....

  • yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭

    Never. Doubleclick. Sword. 3.

    Literally, there's basically never any reason. Ever.

  • LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

    @yusayu.3629 said:
    Never. Doubleclick. Sword. 3.

    Literally, there's basically never any reason. Ever.

    Except if you need to immobilize something. Rarely needed but sometimes gotta do.

    It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

  • Kahlan.7249Kahlan.7249 Member ✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

    @Rico.6873 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Rico.6873 said:

    @Kahlan.7249 said:
    wait why do you have to use the clone teleport thing?

    i'm assuming by "first sword second ability" you mean sword 3 or illusionary leap

    The Swap part of Illusionary Leap yes
    It can be used defensively with this boss?

    No, and you shouldn't be pressing the Swap (Sword 3 2nd cast) after Illusionary Leap (Sword 3 1st cast) once the tornado spaws, or at all for that matter. There is literally no reason to switch places with your clone during this fight, ever.

    Agreed, tried not using the switch but at the heat of the battle, dodging the giant tornado, rezzing allies before they get swallowed up, running into the small tornadoes to dodge his giant AOE and then running to side of the platform to be shielded by a protective barrier and then trying not to get hit by small tornadoes so we can all cc him in one go.

    My fingers slip and I double press the clone swap which launches me into a small tornado right into the big one where I die.

    Only had this happen to me 2x at the last 20% of his hp :(

    And the funny part is the F4 chrono swap, that swap doesn't kill me.....

    and yeah, that's unfortunate

    i don't really have anything to say other than (easier said than done i know), really pay attention to what you're pressing so you don't accidentally double-press it :open_mouth:

    altho i suppose this goes for almost every skill, try not to press things accidentally aha x) which is more general advice rather than just wing 7 air djinn chrono advice LOl

    mai trin farm 2k19, the place to be--- sparky skell alex radomir ghastly lisa frank qante mercy bacon cat aj nay ++ and yours truly, me :')

  • Zlater.6789Zlater.6789 Member ✭✭✭

    I personally prefer condi chrono there. I would argue that sceptre is wayyy more comfortable to use but from my observation, it's barely any difference.

  • Leap CAN be used defensively, for teleporting through shockwave.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.