August Monthly Tournament — Guild Wars 2 Forums

August Monthly Tournament

Hello everyone,

We’ve made a lot of progress on the fixes needed to get Automated Tournament stability to a place where we feel comfortable having Monthly tournaments again, however we’re not there yet. It remains our plan that once monthly tournaments are back, we will hold them on an accelerated scheduled until we’ve caught up.

We won’t be clearing qualifying points until we hold a “monthly” tournament, so there is no fear that you’ll lose the work you’ve done to qualify.

Thank you for your patience.

Ben Phongluangtham
Senior Game Designer

Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you for the communication. :)

• If you could update us every few days or even weekly on the status of the fixes for mAT's that would be great.

• I'm still what instability in particular caused you guys to abruptly shut down something that worked fine the previous month. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Insert a random accomplishment that nobody cares about here
    Hi I'm important

• @Xtrverz.4069 said:
    If you could update us every few days or even weekly on the status of the fixes for mAT's that would be great.

^
    Also this

Insert a random accomplishment that nobody cares about here
    Hi I'm important

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2019

Y'know this would be a great time to drop Swiss. Come back in swinging.

• tar.1273tar.1273 Member ✭✭

+1^
    and by meantime add weekly AT between dailies and monthly, Kappa

• Flandre.2870Flandre.2870 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you so much for the update. Please make sure you don't rush it and that the AT is fixed for good. Taking time is fine, it really is. I don't midn waiting until Octover or even November. Thank you guys for listening to us and putting in effort to make things right <3

• @romano.8170 said:
    I'm still what instability in particular caused you guys to abruptly shut down something that worked fine the previous month. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Last monthy AT caused some people to get kicked out while waiting for next match and few groups got hard stucked in loading screen for match for HOURS (ewen after reloging to other character).

• Need help to unstuck from tourney...

Account stuck. Ty!

• Can we get an update on the September monthly??

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

My best guess is that there won't be one.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• If this game was in maintenance mode, this would have been fixed so it is worse than that. But anet does not want me to be negative on the forums so let's move further to more important news. Will there be more gemstore updates soon?

• Noodica.5428Noodica.5428 Member ✭✭✭

Soooo... third monthly tournament that we won't have? siiiiiiiiick. PvP is clearly in a GREAT place.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.