Give weaver a f5 skill that swaps main hand with offhand attunement

Evil.1580

I would really like if they allowed you to at least swap the direction you attune (mainhand first or offhand first). In PvE you would generally pick main-hand first swaps, but PvP where a swap switched your 4+5 first would be massively beneificial for reactive survivability to the important skills there.

I can agree to some extent, but the global 4s cd is the tradeoff for having a shorter cd to switch back to any element. Take that away and it's just a core ele on steroids.The only thing that needs improvement is the utility and strategical value (and spike damage for sword) of the skills you trade your 3-5 immediate and most key skills for. But in that regard I feel sword/dagger much more of a fluid and natural gameplay than staff for instance - but maybe it's because i've played staff for too long. Or because Staff interrupts and cc/evade are all on 3-5 not counting cripple from eruption.

That is why you use wave self for shorter cooldown. I think weaver attunement swapping is in a great place right now, if it was shorter it would be way too OP, besides by the time you attune for instance to water and use riptide, you have about a second before you can attune to earth to use earthen vortex which can practically give half your health pool if spec if healing.(riptide is sword 2 water, vortex is sword 2 earth) Once you learn all the combos there is a great flow to this class, I rarely even need weave self.

I've said it multiple times already. The Main problem for weaver lies with staff since staff has almost all his key skills on 4 & 5 which are locked behind dual attunements. While that is not a problem in PvE it's quite crippling in WvW.Sword has been specificly designed for Weaver, which is why it has many "good" spells on 2.Dagger and Scepter aren't as lucky since they have most "weapon defining" skills on 3 - so basicaly we're supposed to play Sword Weaver or no Weaver at all? Great Design!C'mon Anet, give us some more viable build options. (By Viable I don't mean "top tier" - I'm happy if I can play my build and not feel terrible about myself - Currently staff weaver feels like queing actions, watching what happens until you can do something again and ultimatly die, it's like playing invoker (dota2) prior to Invoke CD reduce on lv1 with his 22s CD)Other Invoker players will understand why I don't like playing Weaver as it is - Weaver should be able to pull off some amazing combos 'n stuff and be strong based on his flexibility not based on his traits that just give him 3 dmg modifiers. Weaver, when announced, was the most promising spec ever and turned out to be the least interesting.

The only reason I'm not keen on F5 for swapping main/off-hand attunements is it's exactly the same as just pressing the off-hand attunement F-key. In Fire/Earth, just press F4. In Earth/Fire, just press F1.

You'd need to have some other benefit to it... like it has it's own cooldown outside of the GCD.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:If you want to wait 4s every time, yes, in WvW & PvP however your opponents do not tend to wait until you can switch again.

Well then play a better (or decent to begin with) game for your PvP experience, say a MOBA to replace sPvP, and play your MMORPG for its strengths, not its barely-covered-up weaknesses? :tongue:

@Carighan.6758 said:

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:If you want to wait 4s every time, yes, in WvW & PvP however your opponents do not tend to wait until you can switch again.

Well then play a better (or decent to begin with) game for your PvP experience, say a MOBA to replace sPvP, and play your MMORPG for its strengths, not its barely-covered-up weaknesses? :tongue:

I do, but that's not the point here ;) We're trying to make suggestions to make this game a better PvP experience and for me WvW is actually fun often times, only not so much with Weaver as it is with Tempest - and that's the point of this entire Thread :)

I think we'll have a balance patch soon so we'll see if they change anything about weaver other then sword. (I truly hope that Weaver will be playable with another weapon except sword but right now it looks like Sword is the only thing they're paying attention to..)

Archived