If most Mesmers hates clones... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

If most Mesmers hates clones...

Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 27, 2019 in Mesmer

...so why then would you make shatters require them? Ever since release many (not gonna speak for everybody) were complaining about having clones die before they can shatter whether it's their health or the target dying. And you expect us to have them ready like we've got some temporal clairvoyance shenanigans going on behind our monitors.

Serious question. People have been asking since release for some kind of clone rework that was less cumbersome to use or just done away with indefinitely or made optional. Clones are a resource pool that reset whenever your target dies. Why take this problem and make it worse?

Comments

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

It would make sense if there was more to follow up with redesign of clones.

But given all their reasoning for making Illusionary Persona baseline in the first place, it makes no sense for suddenly removing it on Chrono with no other changes.

In any case for Chrono I would have preferred to see pbaoe pulsing fields, matching the theme of wells and aoe suport, around the player with clones fuelling the field duration - and keeping IP intact so could get a single pulse without any clones.

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Delofasht.4231Delofasht.4231 Member ✭✭✭

@Curunen.8729 said:
    It would make sense if there was more to follow up with redesign of clones.

But given all their reasoning for making Illusionary Persona baseline in the first place, it makes no sense for suddenly removing it on Chrono with no other changes.

In any case for Chrono I would have preferred to see pbaoe pulsing fields, matching the theme of wells and aoe suport, around the player with clones fuelling the field duration - and keeping IP intact so could get a single pulse without any clones.

It would have been extremely interesting to have played the game with sustaining point blank AoE fields by using clones as fuel. It is disappointing to think that there is quite a bit of anti synergy within the Mesmer profession as a whole now, but nothing we can do but make our thoughts known.

• Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭

next elite spec may not have clones. That's my wild guess.

• if most Mesmers hates clones...

I'm interested to see the data that supports this supposition.

Clones are a resource pool that reset whenever your target dies. Why take this problem and make it worse?

They've done that off & one since launch.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.