Ranked arena 3 of the same class and spec on enemy team

NecroSummonsMors.7816

Hi Anet,this is still happenning. I had a match today vs a team with 3 holosmith, 2 of which were in party. There was clearly somekind of bug/swap abuse behind it.FIX IT ASAPHere's the proof (I've names with all the player accounts too, if you're interested. I will not post them here to not break forum rules)imgur.com/cdJLjmR

Did you win though? Your comp doesn't look that bad against them. They lack hunters for your DE, they are susceptible to corrupts and (possibly) condis. Kite, use jumping puzzles, +1 from range. Mirage+DE should be able to clear sides too.

Not saying it shouldn't have happened, but duos also make team building difficult for the matchmaker.

@mortrialus.3062 said:It's not a bug or abuse. If 40% of the player base is on Holosmith right now, even if the matchmaker tries to avoid doing so eventually it can't help but make games with 40% Holosmith representation.

So if what you say it's true class stacking over 2 is not a priority over rating? Because the matchmaker clearly could have shuffled the teams into a 2 holos per teamAnyway I could be wrong and maybe it's not players fault and it's the matchmaker fault. Still this should not be happening, class stacking over 2 should not be on low priority, especially if the teams can be reshuffled.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Did you win though? Your comp doesn't look that bad against them. They lack hunters for your DE, they are susceptible to corrupts and (possibly) condis. Kite, use jumping puzzles, +1 from range. Mirage+DE should be able to clear sides too.

Not saying it shouldn't have happened, but duos also make team building difficult for the matchmaker.

We end losing because they farmed our necro all the match and fb couldn't keep up

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:It's not a bug or abuse. If 40% of the player base is on Holosmith right now, even if the matchmaker tries to avoid doing so eventually it can't help but make games with 40% Holosmith representation.

So if what you say it's true class stacking over 2 is not a priority over rating? Because the matchmaker clearly could have shuffled the teams into a 2 holos per teamAnyway I could be wrong and maybe it's not players fault and it's the matchmaker fault. Still this should not be happening, class stacking over 2 should not be on low priority, especially if the teams can be reshuffled.

It tries to match players against others of the same class a little bit, and it tries to avoid having multiples of the same class on a team. But it primarily prioritizes rating above all, and after enough time it seems to completely stop caring and is willing to throw anyone in a game together.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

It tries to match players against others of the same class a little bit, and it tries to avoid having multiples of the same class on a team. But it primarily prioritizes rating above all, and after enough time it seems to completely stop caring and is willing to throw anyone in a game together.

I'd like to have more info about that "stop caring", if you know where to find more about it please link me to it

I'd like to have more info about that "stop caring", if you know where to find more about it please link me to it

The longer you are in queue, the more it broadens potential players to add you with by expanding the rating range you can get matched with and stops caring about matching for class.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Did you win though? Your comp doesn't look that bad against them. They lack hunters for your DE, they are susceptible to corrupts and (possibly) condis. Kite, use jumping puzzles, +1 from range. Mirage+DE should be able to clear sides too.

We end losing because they farmed our necro all the match and fb couldn't keep up

Yaah, that sounds like it was your necs fault. Scourge is not that easy to play anymore (in many situations). He probably didn't kite and used no JPs, so...

I still don't think your setup is bad. It might even be better assuming same skill level.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Yaah, that sounds like it was your necs fault. Scourge is not that easy to play anymore (in many situations). He probably didn't kite and used no JPs, so...

I still don't think your setup is bad. It might even be better assuming same skill level.

Idk. Scourge is a very good check against Holo, but with how much cc they pump out and can chain along with the lack of stab Scourge. The FB probably couldn't keep up because in the end, both are susceptible to quick, high bursts of damage. What the holos could have done (not saying they did, but high possibility) is wait until the scourge was in their sweet spot and then literally dogpiled him before FB could heal or protect him with some form of AOE stab.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Idk. Scourge is a very good check against Holo, but with how much cc they pump out and can chain along with the lack of stab Scourge. The FB probably couldn't keep up because in the end, both are susceptible to quick, high bursts of damage. What the holos could have done (not saying they did, but high possibility) is wait until the scourge was in their sweet spot and then literally dogpiled him before FB could heal or protect him with some form of AOE stab.

But that is in a 2on3 scenario. In 2on2, they should be able to kite and corrupt long enough to wear them down. And they have a strong +1 versus Holos - the Deadeye. If they worked together, abusing range is especially strong on that map. It depended a little on the enemy Guard if he could pressure the DE away before he or the Holo could peel for their Scourge-FB combo. Mirage should be able to handle the Weaver with some +1s from DE, depending on build.

Not saying, the faceroll potential in 3 Holos is fine or the build in general. But they are not as oppressive as many people think it is - in my view. :smile:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Idk. Scourge is a very good check against Holo, but with how much cc they pump out and can chain along with the lack of stab Scourge. The FB probably couldn't keep up because in the end, both are susceptible to quick, high bursts of damage. What the holos could have done (not saying they did, but high possibility) is wait until the scourge was in their sweet spot and then literally dogpiled him before FB could heal or protect him with some form of AOE stab.It's what they did, perma cc him to death. Than fb grew tired of waiting necro respawn, and that was it.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Idk. Scourge is a very good check against Holo, but with how much cc they pump out and can chain along with the lack of stab Scourge. The FB probably couldn't keep up because in the end, both are susceptible to quick, high bursts of damage. What the holos could have done (not saying they did, but high possibility) is wait until the scourge was in their sweet spot and then literally dogpiled him before FB could heal or protect him with some form of AOE stab.It's what they did, perma cc him to death. Than fb grew tired of waiting necro respawn, and that was it.

not even suprised, immagine being bombared with corona burst every secound for 15sec NONSTOP follofed by shockwaves every couple, just constant vomit of aoe. He had alot of fun I bet.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

not even suprised, immagine being bombared with corona burst every secound for 15sec NONSTOP follofed by shockwaves every couple, just constant vomit of aoe. He had alot of fun I bet.

He didn't have fun for sure, infact i stopped playing scourge if i'm not in a good duo for that reason, and i started playing holo xD

He didn't have fun for sure, infact i stopped playing scourge if i'm not in a good duo for that reason, and i started playing holo xD

Like I dont even get it, i see 2 necros in almost every team, and usually they get farmed like pve creeps by everyone. 1 out of 10 gets to play the game only becouse they have good firebrand, and even then they just get ignored becouse the rest of the team is thief/holo/soulbeast so they just outrotate or weaver that just doesnt take damage.

swaps... the matching algorithm will always try to even out the number of classes on each sideif 2 of those holos were dq, then the algorithm will try to put 2 engis on the other side, so that 3rd holo would have been on blue if it was the class while queuing

i think the only exception is when there's both dq on each side

sometimes you will not be able to tell if someone had swapped because you can switch after you have confirmed to join the match, before the map selection comes up, with quick load time on your side it will look as if you had not swapped.

but this one is a bit too obvious with 3 holos, because the maximum same class in the matching algorithm is 2 of the same core classhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

Profession max="2"