The ambient dialogues of Grothmar Valley

hugo.4705

Well, I've previously made a post about the aspects of the maps: The metas, the story, news additions and events. But I realize now that the category "Dialogues" require a bigger paragraph.The work put in the texts is interesting, and I've collected some of the dialogues around:

Flame Legion Axe Fiend (teacher or instructor maybe):Let me guess, every one of you cubs wants to be a centurion? Or a tribune? Huh? Typical.Well I tell you, it takes real work. You gotta fight for it. Understand?Now, I'm your elder, but I sure ain't your babysitter. You're responsible for one another. If one loses, you all lose.SOOOOOUND GOOD?

Awakened Merchant (obviously the one at Amnoon selling Joko stuffs):Praise all legions. You buy?Dialogue:

->Have I seen you before?Had shop in Amnoon. Business slow. Now business travel. Buy now?

Two norns near the blood keep on the promenade near the river:1-Well...don't tell the others...but this is the best moot I've ever been to in my whole life!2-You're damn right!1-I am right!2-About what?

A nice charr merchant:Bargains! Discounts! Meaningless violence! Belligerent merchants!

Another one:Swords! Hammers! Axes! I'm a purveyor of pain. Haha!

The asuran stand:Fill the emptiness in your life with local merchandise.The associate discussing with priory historian:-Inconvenient and expensive. I lost two wagons' worth of goods from my caravan due to icy conditions.-Ah. That explains why you're charging so much for this rubbish.

Two vigils:1-Enjoying the Festivities?2-You kidding? If I never see another charr in my life, it'll be too soon. All they do is drink.1-And fight.2-Don't get me wrong- I'm no racist-1-Alchemy, no-2-I mean, Soulkeeper's great. She's ones of the good ones, thanks gods. Not like a lot of these... savages...1-Yes. Savages.

A peaceful discussion between priory observer and blood legion soldier.1-Actually, my dissertation on the War of Ascalon Independence was published to great critical acclaim in academic circles.2-You mean the "Ascalon Insurrection."1- No I mean-2-Growl1-Yes, yes! You're absolutely right. The Ascalon Insurrection... that's what I meant.

Seems Inquest is everywhere....Inquest researcher and Rancher1-Look, I admire Taimi as much as the next asura. Her academic record is spotless. But she's missing the bigger picture. For the first time in... ever, we have access to a friendly Elder Dragon!2-Don't look that friendly, breathing fire all over stuff.1-Exactly! We could weaponize it. Bend its magic to our will, make it do our bidding...2-You think?1-I know! I should talk to Gorrik. Gorrik will understand...

The chef Mellitus know somebody we know.One Apple. Yeah, that'll do the trick! You know, an apple would be perfect for this. Knew a charr who couldn't get enough of 'em. Ah, memories.

Surely several others, but some are hard to catch, instead of playing when you come near, some seems tied to a kind of timer.There is one inside blood keep behind two charrs speaking about metal legion. One ask if they played his favorite title while he is absent, the other answer twice, he became grumpy.If the bar event fail, they all leave saying how bad the tavern is, growling and angry. Finally two black lion traders saying how terrifying Bangar is.

Strangely no dialogues within the prison/warden tower or great hall whereas they are full of NPCS.

And you, have you found a nice dialogue in the new map? A funny thing during events or story?

@hugo.4705 said:Awakened Merchant (obviously the one at Amnoon selling Joko stuffs):Praise all legions. You buy?Dialogue:

->Have I seen you before?Had shop in Amnoon. Business slow. Now business travel. Buy now?

I like that guy. I wish I could buy stuff from his new store.

(Also if you look round the back he still has some of his Joko merch.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Awakened Merchant (obviously the one at Amnoon selling Joko stuffs):Praise all legions. You buy?Dialogue:

I like that guy. I wish I could buy stuff from his new store.

(Also if you look round the back he still has some of his Joko merch.)

It's a nice guy, now he is printing some Bangar propaganda posters but also nice metal legions goodies. He definitely deserve more my gold than Drooburt.

Every time I ran the Beetle race, at the exit from the Blood Keep, two Charrs were talking about the Sylvari selling the watter proof baskets. Because of the speed I never found what happened to him, so, after two weeks I stopped runing only to find that his (Sylvari's) charriot was set on fire and he lost everything. Sad.

I noticed one yesterday between a Sylvari Pact member and a Charr cub. I can't remember the exact text now, but the gist is that the cub is telling the Sylvari that he (and the rest of the Pact/other races) are dangerous outsiders and mentions that Aurene is a danger to all, despite the Sylvari assuring the cub that Aurene is one of the good guys.

Just found some additional ones, I've never noticed them:Decided to add them here, some again are very cool and interesting.

Rusty meadows, lesson of history between Charr Rancher and Norn Hunter:1-Folktales, oral histories... I'm a bit of an amateur philologist back home. Other cultures, mostly.2-Well, you norn have some fine stories, too, as I recall.1-You know norn history?2-Course. My day, we studied other races. Case we had to fight 'em. But I loved norn stories best. There's that one about whatisname- one who fought Jormag. Killed his champion, took his tooth.1-Asgeir? Asgeir Dragonrender?2-That's him.1-Charr's history just as wild. You're blood legion- you must know all about Kalla Scorchrazor.2-Imperator pretends to surrender, then stabs her with a poison dagger. "At least I die knowing-"1-"-knowing my sisters are free." Spirits, ah, what an inspiration!

A norn warrior and a charr logger preparing something...Simultaneously:-NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THIS BRAND!-ALL WILL BE THIS DRAGON'S LAND!

1-No it' a round! You come in after me. Back to the top.1-NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THIS BRAND!2-ALL WILL BE THIS DRAGON'S LAND!

The return of the book club! Ash legion scout and two Iron legion (Engineer and Soldier)1-What'd you think about the Charr Rise of Rin?2-The prose is a bit over the top, but it has some good points.3-Yeah. Rise of Rin. I thought it was a... a fun read.2-Fun. You didn't even skim it, did you? Why do we keep doing this every week if you never read the books?

Iron legion forge: Iron legion soldier/marksman1-How's the rebuild going?2-Slow. We lost a third of our siege engines.1-Renegades should stick to harassing humans.

Same location, near the path: Speaking about demolition derby?1-Oh pl- I had you! My engine gave up at the last second.2-Right. Blame it on the car.1-Oh come on. I beat all the rest. You just lurked around and let everyone do the work for you.2-And because of that... I'm the champ!

Blood legion captain and soldier near the entrance of inner blood keep:1-Know who'd be the best Khan-Ur? Me. But it'd mean commanding those sneaky Ash bastards too . Don't need that stress in my life.2-Right. Probably best to leave the headache to Bangar. He's ornery enough to enjoy it.

Some discussion between flame legion members:1-Efram told me to start giving out the supplies. Want to help?2-Sure, what did we haul?1-Enough food for now. New tents for the camp.2-He's a way better leader than Gaheron ever was.1-Pretty low bar.

Two charrs outside of ooze pit:1-I saw an human here earlier. Practicing. I kicked him out.2-Probably would've gotten wrecked anyway.1-Still should. Him and everyone else who's not a charr.2-Uh... yeah. Yes, sir.

A poor sylvari within warden tower:1-He called me a twig and berated me until I left!2-That's not actually a crime, you know.1-So, next time I should wait until the harassment escalates to assault , is that it?

They are several fans of metal legion around the map, two within the keep and two near their camp.Within keep:1-You really missed an epic show! Metal legion did all their classics!2-AHH, I know. Quit rubbing it in. Did they play "Medium Rare"?1-Twice.2-Disgruntled snarl

3 charrs for each legion apart ash. Looks like they've watched too much MAD MAX.1-Ah. There's no better feeling than rocking out with charr brothers and sisters to epic music!2-Fighting. Fighting on the battlefield would be better.1-Heh. It would be pretty amazing to be on the front lines... with one huge mosh-pit warband!3-Ugh! Now that would be epic!