ELIXIR R GETTING A CHANGE — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ELIXIR R GETTING A CHANGE

Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 8, 2019 in Engineer

Why didn't you change Toss Elixir R?
We did not originally plan to modify Toss Elixir R as we considered it fairly strong due to its 5 target cap and 170% total revive amount. With that said, we took another look at it and decided to make a few changes since there we felt that it being stopped by projectile destruction/reflection was too punishing for its recharge.

• Toss Elixir R: This skill no longer removes 1 condition when thrown. Increased projectile speed by 25%. The projectile thrown by this skill is now unblockable. Fixed an issue where the land and water versions of this skill moved at different speeds.

After 7 years we are getting an elixir that won't be countered with enemy accidentally standing in the way.

[NUKE]

Comments

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019

    @Samug.6512 said:

    Why didn't you change Toss Elixir R?
    We did not originally plan to modify Toss Elixir R as we considered it fairly strong due to its 5 target cap and 170% total revive amount. With that said, we took another look at it and decided to make a few changes since there we felt that it being stopped by projectile destruction/reflection was too punishing for its recharge.

    • Toss Elixir R: This skill no longer removes 1 condition when thrown. Increased projectile speed by 25%. The projectile thrown by this skill is now unblockable. Fixed an issue where the land and water versions of this skill moved at different speeds.

    After 7 years we are getting an elixir that won't be countered with enemy accidentally standing in the way.

    Hey, now it's better than function gyro. Unblockable, can't be CC'ed.

    Also, did anybody else giggle when they read him describing Toss Elixir R as "fairly strong"? I know I did.

    Next stop: Making Elixir R worth a kitten.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    Hey, now it's better than function gyro. Unblockable, can't be CC'ed.

    Also, did anybody else giggle when they read him describing Toss Elixir R as "fairly strong"? I know I did.

    Next stop: Making Elixir R worth a kitten.

    I wonder how do they evaluate the strength of a skill. Sounds like he just looked at the numbers, saw it's AoE 10s field with big ress potential in total and though "wow, that's so strong, what else on earth do players want"

    Meanwhile Signet of Mercy is 5-target instant full res. And that needed a buff, coz apparently wasn't strong enough.

    I mean how do we even use it? It looks like a skill for holo, but then there's a few other skills I would rather see on my skill bar...

    Can the elixir be out-dps'd? I'm gonna test that in a guild hall.

    [NUKE]

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019

    @Samug.6512 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    Hey, now it's better than function gyro. Unblockable, can't be CC'ed.

    Also, did anybody else giggle when they read him describing Toss Elixir R as "fairly strong"? I know I did.

    Next stop: Making Elixir R worth a kitten.

    I wonder how do they evaluate the strength of a skill. Sounds like he just looked at the numbers, saw it's AoE 10s field with big ress potential in total and though "wow, that's so strong, what else on earth do players want"

    Meanwhile Signet of Mercy is 5-target instant full res. And that needed a buff, coz apparently wasn't strong enough.

    I mean how do we even use it? It looks like a skill for holo, but then there's a few other skills I would rather see on my skill bar...

    Can the elixir be out-dps'd? I'm gonna test that in a guild hall.

    It can, but you'll generally need 2 or 3 people to out-dps it. Long ago in vanilla, I could self-res with it in duels. I don't think anybody was able to out dps it by themselves.

    Granted, damage is higher now, but 17% per second is substantial.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • It gains revive speed bonuses from outgoing healing.

    It can pop people up with 2 ticks in PVE if you build for maximum outgoing healing bonuses and take the medkit trait, and in 4 PVP :D

  • Hynax.9536Hynax.9536 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Hey, now it's better than function gyro. Unblockable, can't be CC'ed.

    Also, did anybody else giggle when they read him describing Toss Elixir R as "fairly strong"? I know I did.

    Next stop: Making Elixir R worth a kitten.

    Adding a stun break on Elixir R would make it a lot worth.

  • lvis.3824lvis.3824 Member ✭✭

    nobody plays this utility anyways ....

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hynax.9536 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    Hey, now it's better than function gyro. Unblockable, can't be CC'ed.

    Also, did anybody else giggle when they read him describing Toss Elixir R as "fairly strong"? I know I did.

    Next stop: Making Elixir R worth a kitten.

    Adding a stun break on Elixir R would make it a lot worth.

    Exactly, I'd even consider it for my holo instead of U.

    [NUKE]

  • @lvis.3824 said:
    nobody plays this utility anyways ....

    I do tho. I've tried swapping it to almost everything but having an almost instant AOE rez with a long range is so dope that it always ends up back in my bar.
    4x dodge is also pretty funny when folks try to nuke you down.

  • @Samug.6512 said:
    Meanwhile Signet of Mercy is 5-target instant full res. And that needed a buff, coz apparently wasn't strong enough.

    uhhh… its only 1 target dood. it has a cast time. its not a full res. where are you reading it got a buff?

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Samug.6512 said:
    Meanwhile Signet of Mercy is 5-target instant full res. And that needed a buff, coz apparently wasn't strong enough.

    uhhh… its only 1 target dood. it has a cast time. its not a full res. where are you reading it got a buff?

    This.

    It's never a good idea to argue around improper and incorrect "assumptions". Signet of Mercy is not instant (2 second cast which can easily be interupted) and it's not 5 target.

    Does that make Elexir R better? No, but let's keep those imaginary skills out of balance discussions.