Overtime when 500 : 500

It doesnt happen often, but during all the years of playing PvP I had this like a 15 - 20 times. The team that at first gets a lead is the winner then and the match suddenly ends. In my opinion an overtime of 5 minutes would not just be more fair, it also would be extremely exciting and could create unforgettable legendary matches. And even as its just a rare case, I think most/all players would love it. Imagine an MAT final in overtime, yeah that would be really really a hell of a thriller, and mighty teapot would probably be close to a heartattack then :p . What do you guys think about this? Should dev-team check this out?

I’d say in ranked it’s fine the way it is, but it’s a good idea. Anything that would make ats more competitive and less likely to end from 1 point- example could implement this for ats in general and make finals(at least for mats) BO3. This would just make ats, the most watchable thing in pvp rn, longer and a tiny bit more interesting for viewers and viewers don’t wanna see these match explode and end instantly

@Dantheman.3589 said:I’d say in ranked it’s fine the way it is, but it’s a good idea. Anything that would make ats more competitive and less likely to end from 1 point- example could implement this for ats in general and make finals(at least for mats) BO3. This would just make ats, the most watchable thing in pvp rn, longer and a tiny bit more interesting for viewers and viewers don’t wanna see these match explode and end instantly

Bo3 UH YEAH

@hotte in space.2158 said:It doesnt happen often, but during all the years of playing PvP I had this like a 15 - 20 times. The team that at first gets a lead is the winner then and the match suddenly ends. In my opinion an overtime of 5 minutes would not just be more fair, it also would be extremely exciting and could create unforgettable legendary matches. And even as its just a rare case, I think most/all players would love it. Imagine an MAT final in overtime, yeah that would be really really a hell of a thriller, and mighty teapot would probably be close to a heartattack then :p . What do you guys think about this? Should dev-team check this out?

Overtime Uh YEah, but not only with 5 minutes as an addition to it i would say a increased point limit of 100when both meet at 600-600 same again

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:I’d say in ranked it’s fine the way it is, but it’s a good idea. Anything that would make ats more competitive and less likely to end from 1 point- example could implement this for ats in general and make finals(at least for mats) BO3. This would just make ats, the most watchable thing in pvp rn, longer and a tiny bit more interesting for viewers and viewers don’t wanna see these match explode and end instantly

Bo3 UH YEAH

@hotte in space.2158 said:It doesnt happen often, but during all the years of playing PvP I had this like a 15 - 20 times. The team that at first gets a lead is the winner then and the match suddenly ends. In my opinion an overtime of 5 minutes would not just be more fair, it also would be extremely exciting and could create unforgettable legendary matches. And even as its just a rare case, I think most/all players would love it. Imagine an MAT final in overtime, yeah that would be really really a hell of a thriller, and mighty teapot would probably be close to a heartattack then :p . What do you guys think about this? Should dev-team check this out?

Overtime Uh YEah, but not only with 5 minutes as an addition to it i would say a increased point limit of 100when both meet at 600-600 same again

Yeah and it’s totally an idea that’s in the beta stage. As it’s suggested there maybe another tie at 600-600, which would have to be decided somehow... One reason why I only think this could be an option for tournies.But I think it’s totally interesting for competitive play as there is nothing competitive that ends a tie in what is possibly a split second. Just look at professional tennis or baseball they don’t judge the winner in a tie as whoever had an advantage in the last play of the game. Sometimes these ties actually take forever to resolve and I think if we have to do that why not... it seems pretty unlikely that it’ll tie 500-500, 600-600, 700-700 etc every time so it doesn’t seem to be that wild of a choice either

Yes BO3 is a very good idea - but just for the half finals. For the finals we want BO5 then :p like back in good old world-championship days