Anyone else tried Sind's S/P build?

NorthernRedStar.3054

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Old build been runnin sword pistols for years

True, not sure why it's suddenly claimed to be some fresh "Sind's build" :D

I remember seeing some funky WvW builds with s/p but even if some people used the kit in spvp they weren't really posting on here. I don't remember seeing much of Sinds build with s/p kit but definitely agree some people on this forum have been playing s/p for awhile. I think we should differentiate between kit and build though more on this forum in general, I'm not even sure sometimes if I'm using the terms right in context.

A lot depends on whether the person in questions streams or not. There a misconception that if a build in action not streamed then for some reason it does not exist. Most iterations of builds were tried and used by other players before someone decided to stream it in action.

Ya, I mentioned that. But I also feel like people are talking a lot about a kit, or a weapon set calling that a build and saying they already ran a build when they actually just ran another build with that kit.

Nope, I'm talking about a build and I still don't understand how it's anything new. :p

Most builds have been touched on before, most not optimized for best in slot though.

That said, I wouldn't say that a specific build has to be a literal copy in every way. For example swapping a utility skill or 1-2 traits depending on the needs wouldn't suddenly make for a new build.

The reason why they call it my build is very simple, i am a streamer and showcased it at the highest level in PvP and showed it is probably the meta build right now, no one at the higher levels played this or the same version, and not to mention now most thieves run this build. So i brought so much attention to this build that saw 0 gameplay now probably will get nukes from orbit cus people consider it broken.

If we will go with your logic literally no build can ever be anyones. So hopefully that clarifies it better.

@Sobx.1758 said:

I remember seeing some funky WvW builds with s/p but even if some people used the kit in spvp they weren't really posting on here. I don't remember seeing much of Sinds build with s/p kit but definitely agree some people on this forum have been playing s/p for awhile. I think we should differentiate between kit and build though more on this forum in general, I'm not even sure sometimes if I'm using the terms right in context.

A lot depends on whether the person in questions streams or not. There a misconception that if a build in action not streamed then for some reason it does not exist. Most iterations of builds were tried and used by other players before someone decided to stream it in action.

Ya, I mentioned that. But I also feel like people are talking a lot about a kit, or a weapon set calling that a build and saying they already ran a build when they actually just ran another build with that kit.

Nope, I'm talking about a build and I still don't understand how it's anything new.

Most builds have been touched on before, most not optimized for best in slot though.

That said, I wouldn't say that a specific build has to be a literal copy in every way. For example swapping a utility skill or 1-2 traits depending on the needs wouldn't suddenly make for a new build.

Didn't say it was new, what are you on about?

It doesn't have to be a literal copy, but it has to take into account what a build including traits, stats, weapons, sigils, rune effects, etc achieve on the level you're competing in.

@kash.9213 said:

Nope, I'm talking about a build and I still don't understand how it's anything new.

"saying they already ran a build when they actually just ran another build with that kit."

@bluri.2653 said:

Nope, I'm talking about a build and I still don't understand how it's anything new. :p

That said, I wouldn't say that a specific build has to be a literal copy in every way. For example swapping a utility skill or 1-2 traits depending on the needs wouldn't suddenly make for a new build.If we will go with your logic literally no build can ever be anyones. So hopefully that clarifies it better.

Yup and -by my logic- it doesn't need to be when it's not anything new :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

"saying they already ran a build when they actually just ran another build with that kit."

That said, I wouldn't say that a specific build has to be a literal copy in every way. For example swapping a utility skill or 1-2 traits depending on the needs wouldn't suddenly make for a new build.If we will go with your logic literally no build can ever be anyones. So hopefully that clarifies it better.

I think you're a little to eager to double down on an argument that only you are having.

@kash.9213 said:

I think you're a little to eager to double down on an argument that only you are having.

What do you mean? I asked a question -you answered. You asked a question -I answered. Suddenly I'm a little too eager to double down on an argument? :DI don't get it.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Easier for people who say ”have you played sinds build” rather than ”have you played this new s/p build”

It has more weight to it.

@bluri.2653 said:

Easier for people who say ”have you played sinds build” rather than ”have you played this new s/p build”

My point was that it's not "new", but k. :D

@Zexanima.7851 nope, that's just an emote.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

My point was that it's not "new", but k. :D

Ending every post in a smile emoji is irksome. That's probably the point but I thought I would let you know just in case.

@Sobx.1758 said:

The s/p dash build really isn't new. Just the Sind effect *rolls eyes. I remember running it back before PoF as I was transitioning away from condi builds. It does seem to be more effective now than it was back then, but I don't know if it's more effective due to balance changes or that I am a better player now. Still, seeing Sind's vid did get me thinking about s/p again, so now back to running BqBk DE as my main build lately. Think I prefer it over the DD version mostly because it plays more aggressively.

• 3 weeks later...