Help me pick a WvW Server [NA]

Aibon.4608

@"ilMasa.2546" said:Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:

• Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass !?
  • DragonBrand ?!
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

In specific i would like to know which server offers an all around coverage.I play on EU time-zone mostly,but i can go for an "early prime" US aswell.

So far here,people have talked mostly of BP: wondering what about the others.

for the early NA no one can deny the fact that maguuma has the most people during that time with 3 guilds running plus ebg pugs this week they had a stomp matchup with 1 Bandwagon server . next matchup will show you factsi'm an EU player as wll i play on both WSR/Deso and MAG

@"Lukasz.9476" said:Current state of EBG. Red - BG, Blue HoD, Green JQ:

gw004.jpg

This is not isolated example of just how bad the state of WvW is right now.

At least by patch drop when ANet is seeking to lure new blood into the mode T3/4 will be relatively blob free. New folks on T1/2 servers are in for a real treat.

@ilMasa.2546 said:

@ilMasa.2546 said:Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:
  • Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass
  • DragonBrand
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

In specific i would like to know which server offers an all around coverage.I play on EU time-zone mostly,but i can go for an "early prime" US aswell.

Ok, I will give you an honest opinion on the servers I know. DB is a pretty laid back server. It has its good sides bring you close as a family. And dang it if they don’t fight against near impossible odds. But it’s a coin toss on who they get as a link. The coverage is not 24/7 and does have dead zones.

MAG right now I wouldn’t recommend transferring to due to either the server is holding off on fights to tank or they have given up. And the chat can be rather...well let’s just say you will see more vitriol than anything. (Currently a link to MAG and it is not like the MAG of old.)

I would highly recommend waiting until the patch drops before making a decision. Watch GW2stats before and after because this patch will either make or break servers.

Actually DB was my first US server i transfered to,back in vanilla.Time has passed so,no idea what is the current situation there,but not having a propre 24/7 coverage is kinda of an issue to me,just cos i really want to see people since my chedule is also kinda random.

So u sayin its better to wait until patch but i was thinking the opposite: when the patch drop i guess there will be an influx of (returning?) players so,maybe now its a better time to actually judge numbers?! Honest question

Yeah I would hold off until the patch is implemented. See how the cards fall, watch gwstats regarding coverage, then base your opinion on that. The patch is going to hit like a brick. Also bring a lot of pve (not a bad thing) into wvw that are not used to it and may over inflate actual stats or may cause vets to leave. So just hold for the moment imo.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:Don't come to mag , we don't want you.

Not even if they play ranger exclusively within 3000 range of SMC and carry open field treb supply?

You will need Mortar and Cannon Mastery (Max) from SMC and also be ready to log in you Rev to use Dragon Banner.Now for the golden unspoken rule: No matter what, don't leave ebg, who cares if garri in borderland is getting flipped.

@MELORD.5013 said:

@"ilMasa.2546" said:Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:
  • Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass !?
  • DragonBrand ?!
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

for the early NA no one can deny the fact that maguuma has the most people during that time with 3 guilds running plus ebg pugs this week they had a stomp matchup with 1 Bandwagon server . next matchup will show you factsi'm an EU player as wll i play on both WSR/Deso and MAG

So what you’re saying is that against FA, you got stomped but against a much smaller server you will be logged in for wvw?