How do you beat warrior as a thief?

NorthernRedStar.3054

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@saerni.2584 said:I’ll just chime in that playing in a match 1v1 isn’t what I’m referring to.

I’m just talking about a dual where you have time and can kite properly. Obviously it’s highly dependent on what kit you are running.

A good warrior will be easier to play around if you are acting as the plus 1 than trying to 1v1. Not because you can’t win but because your team will likely need you to provide some burst damage to tip the balance.

Most of the problem is this. I cap the node, Warrior comes and get lucky on a crit then take the node. I come back to retake the node against the same Warrior, it takes 3+ crits to take them out.

It's not really about 1v1, it's about how fast can a Warrior down a Thief just because they get lucky on a crit vs. how fast can Thief down a a Warrior with multiple crits.

As I've said, Warriors are overtuned in this game. They have high defense and high damage, it's BS.

So are u saying that a warrior shouldn't be able to take significantly more hits than a thief nor hit nearly as hard? I mean this as a thief player but that's plain wrong. Warrior doesn't have the tele,stealth and evades the thief had and has far more predictable and telegraphed skills. A warrior most defenitly be sturdy enough to trade more blows with s thief and with equal sustained damage to boot. I could see warriors burst having to be lower than thiefs if it didn't require hitting with either telegraphed skills after gaining adrenaline or if the bursts didn't require landing a hard cc first like bullscharge considering thief burst are far quicker and often outa stealth I see kno reason why they can't be on par considering all the other tools thieves have ie tele's/stealth etc. On full power CS/TR/SA my backstabs delete 75% of most warriors I fights hp in a single burst before I stealth up and try again lol what else do u want lol I'm always defending thief but this is silly.

I actually really like fighting warriors. They can hurt you but generally not rely on tricks to win. Making mistakes against a good warrior results in death.

With warrior might sustain being nerfed heavily I’m excited for the chance to go toe to toe more often.

The upcoming changes to the Warrior is appropriate IMO since they have been overtuned for a long time, but still not enough. Arms trait is hardly gotten hit -- unsuspecting foe and burst prec are untouched.

Really, arms is almost never used for a reason lol man u got a blind hate on for warriors eh? It comes out pretty obvious.

I never attempt to hide it. Mesmer beat me all the time, but it's well deserved and you won't see me complaining about them. Warrior, on the other hand, is a cheese profession overtuned because one of the Devs is a Warrior main.

Lmao warrior cheese is enough for me to not take anything u say serious but to add that their more cheese than mesmer that's just to much haha. Ur either joking or seriously delusional lol.

All I'm saying is, give Warrior Might and high power coef, but take away all Fury and high crit chance from them (i.e. Burst Precision). Giving high crit to a heavy armor profession is stupid.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Antipode.7830 said:

@Antipode.7830 said:Play like it's Monster Hunter. Don't trade blows, don't stand in front of them if you can help it, remember to back up after you get your hits in, and
respect the monster.

Against a warrior, throw out blinds if you can, dodge/evade where possible, stealth -> backstab when you can, shadowstep away when each of these options is on CD. If you run Daggerstorm then pop it in their face once their blocks/invulns are blown. Be mindful of Rush, Bull's Charge, Volley, and Kill Shot as if they begin casting before you go into stealth these skills will track you and still connect.

I love the summary! I like that you included rifle, because that was actually on my mind with regard to the upcoming patch. Do you see the rifle changes making that a better match-up for the warrior? Being able to use Volley multiple times, and especially with potential 3 charges back-to-back if they get the recharge on Rifle Butt... that is a terrifying amount of ranged pressure to have to deal with, that tracks through stealth, follows shadowsteps, and needs to be avoided at all cost.

Thief still has warriors stolen skill and daggerstorm as reflects against rifle.Apparently thief uses axewhirl better than warrior.

@YuiRS.8129 said:Warrior needs to be busted in order to be viable. It's a class that belongs in a different game because it mostly consists of attacks that just hit, while GW2 meta is always about spamming AoE, AI, spamming boons, evading 80% of the time, having instant mobility etc. Warrior can't follow up and kill anything, it's just a walking pile of stats with fair mechanics.

True, but not the warriors fault. The fair mechanics is still a thing many ppl dont want to acknowledge.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@saerni.2584 said:I’ll just chime in that playing in a match 1v1 isn’t what I’m referring to.

I’m just talking about a dual where you have time and can kite properly. Obviously it’s highly dependent on what kit you are running.

A good warrior will be easier to play around if you are acting as the plus 1 than trying to 1v1. Not because you can’t win but because your team will likely need you to provide some burst damage to tip the balance.

Most of the problem is this. I cap the node, Warrior comes and get lucky on a crit then take the node. I come back to retake the node against the same Warrior, it takes 3+ crits to take them out.

It's not really about 1v1, it's about how fast can a Warrior down a Thief just because they get lucky on a crit vs. how fast can Thief down a a Warrior with multiple crits.

As I've said, Warriors are overtuned in this game. They have high defense and high damage, it's BS.

So are u saying that a warrior shouldn't be able to take significantly more hits than a thief nor hit nearly as hard? I mean this as a thief player but that's plain wrong. Warrior doesn't have the tele,stealth and evades the thief had and has far more predictable and telegraphed skills. A warrior most defenitly be sturdy enough to trade more blows with s thief and with equal sustained damage to boot. I could see warriors burst having to be lower than thiefs if it didn't require hitting with either telegraphed skills after gaining adrenaline or if the bursts didn't require landing a hard cc first like bullscharge considering thief burst are far quicker and often outa stealth I see kno reason why they can't be on par considering all the other tools thieves have ie tele's/stealth etc. On full power CS/TR/SA my backstabs delete 75% of most warriors I fights hp in a single burst before I stealth up and try again lol what else do u want lol I'm always defending thief but this is silly.

I actually really like fighting warriors. They can hurt you but generally not rely on tricks to win. Making mistakes against a good warrior results in death.

With warrior might sustain being nerfed heavily I’m excited for the chance to go toe to toe more often.

The upcoming changes to the Warrior is appropriate IMO since they have been overtuned for a long time, but still not enough. Arms trait is hardly gotten hit -- unsuspecting foe and burst prec are untouched.

Really, arms is almost never used for a reason lol man u got a blind hate on for warriors eh? It comes out pretty obvious.

I never attempt to hide it. Mesmer beat me all the time, but it's well deserved and you won't see me complaining about them. Warrior, on the other hand, is a cheese profession overtuned because one of the Devs is a Warrior main.

Lmao warrior cheese is enough for me to not take anything u say serious but to add that their more cheese than mesmer that's just to much haha. Ur either joking or seriously delusional lol.

All I'm saying is, give Warrior Might and high power coef, but take away all Fury and high crit chance from them (i.e. Burst Precision). Giving high crit to a heavy armor profession is stupid.

Have you ever played warrior?Not to mention that burst precision only affects burst skills, which ALL have very highly indicated animations (eviscerate and killshot? Yea, those are honestly soo easy to avoid and arcing slice is predictable aswell, when you are under 50% tge warrior will try to land it, and above 50% is doeant do that much dmg). Also hammer and mace burst are getting neutered in the upcoming patch, them critting wont do anything to you(oh no 50dmg burst skills, class mechanics btw topkek). Sword burst is more of a condi skill, and doesnt do alot of power dmg anyways.

And fury? Most ppl dont play for great justice in pvp, you have some on arcing slice, which has to hit to get fury, or signet of rage (which gets reduced durations after patch)

@RedShark.9548 said:Have you ever played warrior?Not to mention that burst precision only affects burst skills, which ALL have very highly indicated animations (eviscerate and killshot? Yea, those are honestly soo easy to avoid and arcing slice is predictable aswell, when you are under 50% tge warrior will try to land it, and above 50% is doeant do that much dmg). Also hammer and mace burst are getting neutered in the upcoming patch, them critting wont do anything to you(oh no 50dmg burst skills, class mechanics btw topkek). Sword burst is more of a condi skill, and doesnt do alot of power dmg anyways.

And fury? Most ppl dont play for great justice in pvp, you have some on arcing slice, which has to hit to get fury, or signet of rage (which gets reduced durations after patch)

We're not really talking about after patch and the changes on the upcoming patch justifies what I'm talking about -- and I'm not the only one who share this opinion. Yes, I play Warrior and there's really nothing you can do even if you can see the telegraphed burst skill if you're knock on your ass.

Using Evis and KS as your example tells me you're the one who lacks knowledge and experience in playing a Warrior.

Have you ever been in the receiving end of 100% crit Arc Divider? No? Ok, then.

@RedShark.9548 said:Have you ever played warrior?Not to mention that burst precision only affects burst skills, which ALL have very highly indicated animations (eviscerate and killshot? Yea, those are honestly soo easy to avoid and arcing slice is predictable aswell, when you are under 50% tge warrior will try to land it, and above 50% is doeant do that much dmg). Also hammer and mace burst are getting neutered in the upcoming patch, them critting wont do anything to you(oh no 50dmg burst skills, class mechanics btw topkek). Sword burst is more of a condi skill, and doesnt do alot of power dmg anyways.

We're not really talking about after patch and the changes on the upcoming patch justifies what I'm talking about -- and I'm not the only one who share this opinion. Yes, I play Warrior and there's really nothing you can do even if you can see the telegraphed burst skill if you're knock on your kitten.

Using Evis and KS as your example tells me you're the one who lacks knowledge and experience in playing a Warrior.

Lol. Nobody plays berserker anymore, except maybe in memebuilds, what are you playing at? Silver? They are so predictable, kite them as soon as they enter berserker, poke them from range and go back to attacking when they leave berserker.

Yea no, i have like 4k hours on warrior spread across mostly wvw and pvp. Absolutely inexperienced lel.

Ofc you destroy newbs with warrior, but experienced players that know their class and warrior well will most likely win.

The only class that REALLY struggles against warrior is necro tbh, but thats ok, there has to be something warrior counters hard.But ive seen sooo many thiefs that knew warrior well enough to never get hit a single time, while chipping away my hp. Arc divideronly really gets scary when they can hide in a teamskirmish, which is also dangerous for them, because they can blow up just from lots of aoes around. And blind and weakness are your best friends vs warrior btw. Pretty much shutting them down completely.

We're not really talking about after patch and the changes on the upcoming patch justifies what I'm talking about -- and I'm not the only one who share this opinion. Yes, I play Warrior and there's really nothing you can do even if you can see the telegraphed burst skill if you're knock on your kitten.

If warriors could do acceptable damage with no crit chance modifiers and fury access, there's no reason for warriors not to play solders with vision sigils and daredevil runes and be even more stupidly hard to kill on top of having that damage. Be careful what you wish for.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

If warriors could do acceptable damage with no crit chance modifiers and fury access, there's no reason for warriors not to play solders with vision sigils and daredevil runes and be even more stupidly hard to kill on top of having that damage. Be careful what you wish for.

Compare to what he have to deal with, that can easily be fixed by banning the DD Runes or limiter DD runes for actual DD profession. Without the high crit chance, Warrior will have to actually think about they will do instead of just facerolling on the keyboard randomly pressing keys.

Compare to what he have to deal with, that can easily be fixed by banning the DD Runes or limiter DD runes for actual DD profession. Without the high crit chance, Warrior will have to actually think about they will do instead of just facerolling on the keyboard randomly pressing keys.

Yeah. I guess my point is that you have to be careful how you change warrior for the same reason as how you have to be careful in changing thief, their advantages are such that a small passive buff can easily knock them both into being kinda ridiculous if you min max the builds.

@Antipode.7830 said:Play like it's Monster Hunter. Don't trade blows, don't stand in front of them if you can help it, remember to back up after you get your hits in, and respect the monster.

Hunting Horn and Hammer mains say hi.

But this is probably the better advise. To deal with a Warrior, generally you gotta lure them into makeing their attacks, and fuck up their burst chain before you strike.