ANet Please Opt-In to Keep GW2 on GeForce Now

GeForce Now is the reason I returned after a 7-year hiatus, allowing me to jump in and play on my macbook pro that I use primarily for work. I was able to play on high settings (with a good internet connection), allowing me to fall in love with the game like I wasn't able to before with less adequate hardware. It has swiftly become my favorite game of all time as I am discovering the intricate work of art that is Tyria. This resulted in me buying the Deluxe Expansion pack to support the developers. I am a working professional and gaming is a hobby that is difficult to indulge in regularly.

Furthermore, this technology drastically lowers the barrier to entry, thereby facilitating free marketing as new players discover the game. As a point of reference, I was able to invite two of my professional friends (non-gamers) to try out the game, which they were able to set up in minutes, also on Macbooks, due to GeForce's technology.

Based on my conversations with others in the game, I truly think GeForce Now facilitates the play of thousands of players. It is also an avenue for the game's future growth as GeForce Now continues to grow. GeForce Now is a platform not just for streaming, but for game discovery as well (similar to Steam).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, gonna go soak in some Drizzlewood Coast before tomorrow I guess, unless someone at Anet makes a phone call first thing in the morning.

I could still barely run the game, but it was such a buggy mess on my laptop before I got GeForce Now that I honestly think I'll take a break from the game instead.

I'm sure I'll come back eventually because I love the game, but I'm gonna have to wait until I miss it pretty hard, because it's just going to be incredibly frustrating to go back to not being able to do map metas.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:Well, gonna go soak in some Drizzlewood Coast before tomorrow I guess, unless someone at Anet makes a phone call first thing in the morning.

I could still barely run the game, but it was such a buggy mess on my laptop before I got GeForce Now that I honestly think I'll take a break from the game instead.

I'm sure I'll come back eventually because I love the game, but I'm gonna have to wait until I miss it pretty hard, because it's just going to be incredibly frustrating to go back to not being able to do map metas.

It seems anet did opt in

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:Well, gonna go soak in some Drizzlewood Coast before tomorrow I guess, unless someone at Anet makes a phone call first thing in the morning.

It seems anet did opt in

This is very important, make or break many players' routine for tomorrow. It's there a reference? Trying to look for it on Google..

@ZeroGPX.4056 said:

@"Perihen the Thawk.9527" said:Well, gonna go soak in some Drizzlewood Coast before tomorrow I guess, unless someone at Anet makes a phone call first thing in the morning.

It seems anet did opt in

This is very important, make or break many players' routine for tomorrow. It's there a reference? Trying to look for it on Google..

Other games on the list is gone but gw 2 is still there i even played it on gfn today https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-announcements/22/381288/geforce-now-library-updates-complete/

Wow wow wow! Thank you so much!That's the official statement that gw2 opt-ed in from 2 hours ago. I have re-read the statement 5 times and I don't think I read it wrong. Thank you Anet! Thank you Laila for the share!

"In addition to the 17 Game Ready on GeForce NOW titles added on Thursday, we’re happy to share that the following games are now opted in:

Guild Wars 2 (NCSoft Corp)"

@"ZeroGPX.4056" said:Wow wow wow! Thank you so much!That's the official statement that gw2 opt-ed in from 2 hours ago. I have re-read the statement 5 times and I don't think I read it wrong. Thank you Anet! Thank you Laila for the share!

"In addition to the 17 Game Ready on GeForce NOW titles added on Thursday, we’re happy to share that the following games are now opted in:

Guild Wars 2 (NCSoft Corp)"

We should thank anet :) now i can uninstall gw 2 and regain space on my hdd

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

It seems anet did opt in

Well how about that! I'm honestly surprised, I didn't expect anything so last minute! I imagine they must have quietly made this arrangement before the weekend.

I hope Anet knows that this response is greatly appreciated! Since I was one of the folks being fairly vocal about this, I think I'll buy a few gems as a little thank you.

Thank you ANet for opting back in! And here's another question. I see that SteamLink and GeForce NOW are allowing sorta cross-platform streaming. This would be really helpful to those of us in the iOS world as GeForce NOW doesn't support iOS, only Android. But if ANet would allow GW2 to be one of the games that could be accessed through that alliance between NVidia and Valve via SteamLink, it would allow us to play remotely on our iDevices. What do y'all think?