ANet Please Opt-In to Keep GW2 on GeForce Now

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have honestly been playing the game so much more since I got GeForce Now. It's such a big deal for those of us who have to play on old laptops. I cannot stress how much this has improved my game experience over the past few months. I have gone from playing the game on the absolute lowest graphics settings with slideshow fps to boot and basically being unable to do large meta events to highest graphics settings and smooth performance with only the occasional fuzz out. It's such a huge difference and I am honestly kind of devastated to hear that this may not continue. If Guild Wars 2 is removed from the GeForce Now roster, I'll have to unsubscribe from GeForce Now, since this is the only game I play on it. But I also won't be playing Guild Wars 2 nearly as much as I have been. It has been really amazing to finally see all of the maps the way they are meant to be seen, and to actually have more success in the game simply because of the smoother performance.

Please, Anet, please strongly consider opting in. I know for people with new PCs it's not a big deal, but for some of us this has been a complete game-changer and I sincerely just don't want to go back.

Pleas opt in Anet. I commented on the reddit post as well. Basically when I introduce the game to my friends, the most common questions are:

1. Can my computer handle it?
  2. Do I have to pay?

I think GFN really helped my friends start. In my personal side, my wife is able to play on a 10 years old computer with me thanks to GFN. If it is a decision, I would love to understand because I know you are a company of reason.

I will continue to support you regardless as you have shown to be really there to make a great and immersive game. I love the action combat and wvw. Thanks again for the great and effort making a game that's so different from everything in the market - a game that encourages player to help one another.

I just want to upvote this because as a person with a decent gaming laptop however limited by 256gb hard drive I prefer to be able to play some GW2 on the cloud then hop off without worrying about it taking up space on my hard drive. Please opt in it doesn't cost anything!

I just got back into the game when I found it was available on GFN as I can't fit it on my laptop hard drive where it would only run at 20 fps on the lowest settings anyway. I just played through the season 4 prologue and it was a game changer to finally experience the world with decent settings. Now this though, sigh... Anet please do what's best for your fans/customers and opt in. Been playing on and off since GW1 and I'm already hyped for the next expansion.

As a new player who plays GW2 exclusively through GeforceNow, I hope that Anet/GW2 decides to make this game available on the GFN platform. I have had a great experience playing the game, and have enjoyed many many hours of gameplay. Me and my friend are subscribers of GFN with about 1000 hours played among the 2 of us in the past 80 days.

I used to playtest it a lot during the beta with my NVidia Shield and even if it's nice to play without a PC, performances are not really great or comparable to those of other MMO. maybe because the focus still it's on the CPU, after the end of the beta program I stopped using it on shield due to the outrageus waiting queues that render the game (all the games) practically impossible to play, so well I could pay the service but in my opinion it's not worth the money they ask (just my opinion) I understand anyway that for many people it is the only option even with the performance issue so I hope for them they will opt in, but I doubt.

As GeforceNOW is my daily driver since Beta I can only hope ANet opts-in.The service improved my experience by quite a lot and has only pros on my side. I can't praise NVidia enough for this.Also since they have a free tier for trying the service out, it could only increase the playerbase imo :)

I only play via GeForce now (and the 1080 graphics card) because it let's me play on my regular laptop whenever I want at beautiful settings.

If it's no longer on GFN I've been spoiled to the point I would rather quit and wait 6 months hoping anet figures their stuff out.

As another player who has been using Geforce Now as their main way of playing GW2 for months (must be half a year or more now) I'd like to add my voice as support for GW2 to opt in to the service.

I basically had to quit as I couldn't really run HoT maps well so Geforce Now has been amazing for me letting me continue to play.

I don't think I have ever posted anything in these forums, but I wanted to add a +1 to the petition to opt in. GFN is such a convenient way of connecting and crafting the daily mats, as well as doing some light dailies when I am away from home because of work. Anet, please opt in!

I'll add my experience. I played Guild wars 2 from the five early days access, but two years ago I had to stop. Playing because my pc died. Know I have a laptop for work, but not enough good for play. When I found that the game was playable on GeForce Now, I used it. Now it is over six month that I play on GFN and I was waiting for the third expantionBut without GFN I have to stop, because my pc can't run the game.Also, with this virus, I have not money for buy now a new pc (and a PC for gaming is expensive). So I hope Arenanet will reconsider this decision and let us play on GFN

as many before me, i support the idea of guild wars 2 being on geforce now. Unlike others, i can't say gfn had great performance, even though i tweaked with the graphics settings based on advice i found online. Maybe the EU central servers were the problem. Nevertheless, decent performance, on medium->high settings.gfn has been my way to play from a non-gaming latop, please further support it.

I also use GeForce Now on my laptop because without it I only get about 10fps in low population areas with everything set as low as possible. Have been using this exclusively to play Guild Wars for the past few weeks since the motherboard in my gaming computer died and have had trouble getting a replacement. Hoping ANet opts in as I have been enjoying the new content. I think my current laptop will explode if I try running Drizzlewood Coast without GeForce Now.

Also +1. It's the best way for ppl with older hardware to play GW2 and a win win to Anet and Players. You will lose many players when you won't opt-in.And please remember, what you told 2012: "People with old hardware should be able to play this game."