are you also waiting for the voice over in the nel living story?

Dantert.1803

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Would the Devs be able to re-work the Living World Season 1 content around existing voiced dialogue? How easy or difficult would that be? Does the voiced dialogue from back then still work in today's code?

How would the Devs be able to re-create the open world content?

It'd would require a massive rework to forcefully squeeze Season 1 into the current living world format.As you said, most of Season one was Open World.On top of that, the raid on Lion's Arch and the Marionette were akin to world boss events, requiring dozens of players.Even the Tower of Nightmare was just another Open World map.

Even if Arenanet was able to make such a rework, it wouldn't be anything like the original Season 1.It'd be a shallow husk of it at best.

Would it be sans voice-overs?

The sound data should still be available, so that could be used.

Would that be acceptable?It'd most likely be accepted by some, but certainly not respected.I certainly don't want to have such a broken husk tarnish the memories of it.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Even if they didn't allocate the resources to that and just decided not to release new episodes i'd be happier with that decision.I imagine that the number of people who would be satisfied with this would be minimal indeed.

Yeah, I do agree with that.Those of us who feel that way are probably not a small number of players.. but we are most likely a minority.

Besides, you don't need voice over for open world content that most players gravitate towards. Certainly benefits it, but how much would voice overs actually add to Drizzlewood Coast?

I honestly can't say since I havent been there.. but I would assume a decent bit considering how noticably absent other people have reported it being when they have played there.I expect it's easy to miss NPC dialogue when your in the heat of battle etc unless you're paying some attention to the chat log.

Keep in mind, I do agree that taking a release or two to bring back S1 properly, or improve older content (e.g., dungeon revamp) would be better. Perhaps ANet will consider such for the November release, since by the time the quarantine hit, Episode 4 was already a two and a half months in progress.

I hope they do.New players first experience with Gw2 will almost always be the core game maps, personal story and dungeons.. if these fail to impress then it really doesn't matter how much better the game has gotten over the years.The core game really doesn't represent the game Gw2 is today in it's newer content, in some ways they feel like almost totally different games.

The fractal update coming in September will be the first update worked on entirely from quarantine, so if they delay developing Season 5 episodes due to quarantine, then Episode 5 will be the first one hit.

That's a fair point, I need to keep that one in mind.I expect the fractal will also be missing voice acting as well which will be understandable.Wonder what it'll be about, I still remain somewhat hopeful that we'll finally get that Abaddon fractal one day.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Would the Devs be able to re-work the Living World Season 1 content around existing voiced dialogue? How easy or difficult would that be? Does the voiced dialogue from back then still work in today's code?

How would the Devs be able to re-create the open world content?

It'd would require a massive rework to forcefully squeeze Season 1 into the current living world format.As you said, most of Season one was Open World.On top of that, the raid on Lion's Arch and the Marionette were akin to world boss events, requiring dozens of players.Even the Tower of Nightmare was just another Open World map.

Even if Arenanet was able to make such a rework, it wouldn't be anything like the original Season 1.It'd be a shallow husk of it
at best.

Would it be sans voice-overs?

The sound data should still be available, so that could be used.

Would that be acceptable?It'd most likely be accepted by some, but certainly not respected.I certainly don't want to have such a broken husk tarnish the memories of it.

As far as NPC dialogue goes I don't think it will be too difficult to rework a good deal of that.We have had moments in the game where we can speak to NPC's in the open world that other players cannot see, we've even had NPC's follow us around and only we can see them.I think this same system can easily be used to put a chunk of character interaction into the season1 remake.

The biggest problems would be the actual combat sections of the new season 1.A number of story instances (like we currently have in the Hall of Monuments) are easily put back into the game as they are, but the big open world stuff like Karka attack on LA, or Scarlets invasion of LA, Tower of Nightmares lower floors and the Marionette world boss.Those would likely have to be recreated as brand new story instances instead, personally I wouldn't have a problem with that.

In some cases, I enjoy the fact that there is no voice over, like with Rytlock for instance whom I hate listening to (that constant whining, and the huffing and puffing at the end of each part of a sentence like he was annoyed or exhausted, which in return is annoying and exhausting ;) ).