Getting REAL sick of traits that encourage builds to stack CC.

Ovark.2514

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:You went through all the trouble to respond multiple times but they're all to akin to the same sort response as "Just dodge

That's because the solution to the problem is as simple as that; no more elaboration required ... unless you are confused by what "not playing solo" means. Whether Lightning Rod exists or not is rather irrelevant .... if you can stunlock someone, you don't need Lightning Rod traits or similar to kill them. Lightning Rod isn't the issue here because it doesn't do anything unless you are disabled in the first place.

I'm not the one that has problems getting killed in 1v1s to stunlocked, sounds like a personal skill to iron out. Lightning Rod is a issue and also a very low effort trait, because again it goes against the whole February patch reasoning of why they nuked all the damage on CC abilities to do no damage. It needs to be brought in line , because if this is fine then CC damage changes should be reverted across all classes. Probably nuke the damage component, but compensate it by stacking high amounts of vulnerability, and some cripple, on top of weakness it already gives, or go the lazy way and give it a 5s ICD.

LIghtning Rod is actually not the issue here; while it's low effort, it's high cost as a GM trait and does nothing when you don't disable a player. The problem here is the stunlocking ... or whatever you want to call it ... because without that lightning rod is a massive nothing. I mean ... how much disables do you need to lay on someone to make the majority of your DPS come from it?

In the meantime ... the advice to not run around solo if you know this is in the match is perfectly reasonable and it works >>> EVEN if I'm not drowning you in a depth of example to prove it to you.

Lightning Rod is a problem since it doesn't line up with the current balance philosophy Anet set on February.

What would that balance philosophy be and why do you think Anet would violate it with this trait? Let's explore that.

Anet's 'new' balance philosophy in regards to this thread is about CC being the purpose of CC only.

OK ... so now explain why they didn't make the coefficient zero when they changed it in April after they adopted that philosophy.

I mean the proof is also right there in game

What proof would that be? The fact they didn't remove the damage from LR when they changed it in April? after they adopted the philosophy? Funny all those examples you mention ... yet they still decided to keep the DPS on LR in the April patch. ... HUM Let's think about that. :pensive: I would be inclined to actually agree with you ... if they would have not changed it at all ... but they did change it ... just not to something insignificant. ... and the best reason you can think of is incompetence? OK :+1:

Hey you asked what would make them violate their own balance philosophy with LR, I gave you the answer. Incompetence and consistent inconsistency.

That really doesn't make sense considering they competently fixed all those other examples you mentioned and 'accidentally' set the coefficient to 0.95; this was no accident. And it's not hard to see that LR damage isn't a problem here because it triggers on disables. The cause is the disables. I don't really get the reluctance to acknowledge that ... unless you have some reason to not want all those disables looked at.

Fixed? Please enlighten me with some examples of these fixes that you claim they did. Still seeing 300s ICD traits, still see some traits and skills giving bonus damage % when and the skill does like 7 damage, unless you're going to try and take the conversation for a loop again and say they fixed things yet don't put up any examples to counter, then I'm not even going to entertain the thought of replying to that. You also didn't comprehend the post, of course they didn't accidentally set the coefficient to 0.95 on LR, this is the type of inconsistency I'm talking about, despite blanket nerfing everything CC related to deal single digit damage(and keeping it that way) LR is allowed to exist in its current form, which makes hard cc of any type do damage, it's not damage from interrupting, it's simple CC+Damage, despite CC and damage together being a big no no in Anet's balance scheme.

If LR is fine in it's current state, there should be absolutely no reason why the current state of CC abilities to still be dealing single or double digit damage. Otherwise LR needs a nerf either by making it a trait that procs on interrupt or the damage ripped and given more debilitating conditions when it procs. So on your side you say the CC is the problem, what do you think is the problem with Ele's CCs, does it have too many, is the duration too long, if you think it's the problem(even though the thread is about LR) do share and enlighten.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Hey you asked what would make them violate their own balance philosophy with LR, I gave you the answer. Incompetence and consistent inconsistency.

Or you know, they do not want to homogenize their game to the point, where everthing does the same, the difference is what color the effects do. They said at some point*, that LR damage won't go, same as terror (or even PI), because these are an active choice, which you make your build around. These are not oversight, these are exceptions given by the balance team, so builds can have different strenghts, weaknesses and playstyles.

*have to fact check this, but since my free hours per day is finite, it might take days.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Fixed? Please enlighten me with some examples of these fixes that you claim they did.

The ones you listed in your previous post.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:I mean the proof is also right there in game, unless you'd like you'd like to explain and go in depth why every CC skill like, Shield Bash, Deflecting Shot, Backbreaker, Kick, Head butt, Throw Boulder, Bulls Rush, Prime Light Beam, Holographic Shockwave, Surge of the Mists, Skull Crack, Dragon's Maw, etc, does like 7 damage.

Here is the big problem here ... your whole claim that this needs to be changed is based on how you are interpreting something, not how the people that actually control the game interpret it ... ESPECIALLY when it's a something of their own conception. This philosophy is not some rule that the existence of the GW2 universe hinges on. Anet doesn't have to follow that if they feel they don't need to for some reason. Clearly, that's the case here. Anet's balancing is determined by Anet, not you or anyone else. There might be something to discuss here if you had a reason OTHER than policing Anet with your own rules about how the game should be balanced. Our feedback is not to beat them over the head with our individual interpretation of whatever rules/philosophies/guidelines exist. our feedback SHOULD be related to how the effects we talk about play and affect gameplay.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:Fixed? Please enlighten me with some examples of these fixes that you claim they did.

The ones you listed in your previous post.Okay no point in replying to this, I already said in my previous post I called it and you did it. :+1:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:I mean the proof is also right there in game, unless you'd like you'd like to explain and go in depth why every CC skill like, Shield Bash, Deflecting Shot, Backbreaker, Kick, Head butt, Throw Boulder, Bulls Rush, Prime Light Beam, Holographic Shockwave, Surge of the Mists, Skull Crack, Dragon's Maw, etc, does like 7 damage.

Here is the big problem here ... your whole claim that this needs to be changed is based on how you are interpreting something, not how the people that actually control the game interpret it ... ESPECIALLY when it's a something of their own conception. This philosophy is not some rule that the existence of the GW2 universe hinges on. Anet doesn't have to follow that if they feel they don't need to for some reason. Clearly, that's the case here. Anet's balancing is determined by Anet, not you or anyone else. There might be something to discuss here if you had a reason OTHER than policing Anet with your own rules about how the game should be balanced.

Oh you sweet person you, you think I'm trying to police Anet with my own rules on how the game should be balanced, nah it's called 'calling out BS'. I already know Anet will do whatever the heck they want. But you know what, the incompetence shows in the way the game feels and plays now. it's not like the game mode is their priority anyways, which is why it's a terrible state. From here on out my posts in regards to yours, i'm going to put the bare minimum effort to reply. So go ham.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:you think I'm trying to police Anet with my own rules on how the game should be balanced, nah it's called 'calling out BS'.

Call it whatever you want ... it's based on your own interpretation and imposition of something that isn't a law or rule to begin with and that is certainly never a reason for Anet to change it. LR isn't broken because it's DPS, that's for sure. If it does too much DPS, it's because of an overabundance of Disables ... which is bad in PVP REGARDLESS of traits like LR. That's the cause so that is what needs to be addressed if LR is a problem.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:you think I'm trying to police Anet with my own rules on how the game should be balanced, nah it's called 'calling out BS'.

Call it whatever you want ... it's based on your own interpretation and isn't a reason for Anet to change it. LR isn't broken because it's DPS, that's for sure. If it does too much DPS, it's because of an overabundance of Disables ... which is bad in PVP REGARDLESS of traits like LR.

Or rather the way the DPS is applied, which could still use a change.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Call it whatever you want ... it's based on your own interpretation and isn't a reason for Anet to change it. LR isn't broken because it's DPS, that's for sure. If it does too much DPS, it's because of an overabundance of Disables ... which is bad in PVP REGARDLESS of traits like LR.

Maybe ... but one thing is sure ... LR has DPS and that IS intended and it's not going to change because of some law you think should be enforced.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe ... but one thing is sure ... LR has DPS and that IS intended and it's not going to change because of some law you think should be enforced.

Nothing is for sure, It's intended until it's not, I'm pointing out how it's apparently okay to have some dumb philosophy and not follow it, you know inconsistency, like someone that says we can't have cookies, yet eats a cookie anyways because exception.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Nothing is for sure, It's intended until it's not, I'm pointing out how it's apparently okay to have some dumb philosophy and not follow it, you know inconsistency, like someone that says we can't have cookies, yet eats a cookie anyways because exception.

Again, the philosophy isn't is a rule or a law where the GW2 universe collapses if Anet decides to make an exception and not follow it. It's inconsistent? Ok ... whatever. Being inconsistent is hardly a reason to enforce rules that don't exist. If anything, it should cause you ask why it's the exception and how you can learn from that to understand why Anet does things to make you better at proposing suggestions and ideas.

If the best players can do is flail around some self-determined rulebook to beat Anet with ... GL with whatever you want changed because rulebook or no, obviously Anet didn't follow that when they created/changed LR. LR is actually a pretty tame trait ... it's only absurd because of the amount of disables available.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Again, the philosophy isn't is a rule or a law where the GW2 universe collapses if Anet decides to make an exception and not follow it. It's inconsistent? Ok ... whatever. Being inconsistent is hardly a reason to enforce rules that don't exist. If anything, it should cause you ask why it's the exception and how you can learn from that to understand why Anet does things to make you better at proposing suggestions and ideas.

If the best players can do is flail around some self-determined rulebook to beat Anet with ... GL with whatever you want changed because rulebook or no, obviously Anet didn't follow that when they created/changed LR. LR is actually a pretty tame trait ... it's only absurd because of the amount of disables available.

You believe what you want to believe, in the end no one knows what goes through Anet's brain when it comes to balancing, not even you, or I. No reason to bother asking why they do what they do, because again they'll do what they want regardless even with some silly balance mindset they made for themselves. Then you wonder why players lose faith and trust in Anet's decision making and turn towards a bitter view, but expected.

Naw, as much as you can call them out on it, again they'll do as they please, even if they're out of touch with their own game. I don't expect them to change or make the right calls on the game modes anymore, but hey that's also a contributing factor why I stopped spending on gems too. I've played LR ele before, the amount of disables isn't the issue, it's the way LR procs that makes it brainlet playstyle, especially when you compare it to similar traits like PI and Power Block, :+1: