Suggest ANET makes changes to inventory before steam release

@jwhite.7012 said:That's just silly. The amount of soulbound items, non-tradeable items, and quest/progression items alone can fill a bank 10x over. Skins, dyes, key pieces, boosters, food, utilities, etc.. A new player trying out the game is going to want to reuse what they can when they try a new character. 30 bank slots is not very much at all. A new player is going to want to try and reuse what they can, and save what they can. They're going to have to start building up their resources for crafting, which means they likely wont be selling every little thing they get on the AH. On top of that, most of the leveling up rewards cant even be sold on the AH.

I made a Free-to-Play account a few years with no help from my main just to see what the new player experience is. I was able to farm, craft and enjoyable get to level 80 without any pain. Buying the game doubles the player bag space but not the bank. I've tried other games where the storage space is so bad I just deleted the game because the game wasn't much fun anyway. I upgraded that f2p account and made another f2p the same way. Salvage and sell to stock up resources. Put basic mats in the materials bank tab. Soulbound stuff, use it and salvage/delete it. BTW, the game never gives any gear with stats that are preferred, salvage ALL of it. Ascended gear can at least be re-branded with new stats.

TLDR: Their system is fair and NOT a player hindrance. Luxuries cost a bit of gold or $$.

@Zok.4956 said:

@anninke.7469 said:IDK, I didn't really need to expand my bank tabs or inventory slots until about my 4th year in the game. So far I haven't bought more than two bank tabs and one additional bag slot for one character. The rest of my toons don't even have all their bags with 20 slots. And still I rarely have any issues with inventory space. I think I don't understand why anyone would store things like dyes and skins in bank/inventory when they can go to wardrobe. Or why would they keep the leveling reward stuff when it becomes useless. And why would anyone keep quest and progression items? Maybe, just maybe, it's more of a management issue than an inventory-space one...

I've got an entire tab of skins alone... Some of the ascended backs take multiple steps to craft, so there's a tab entirely dedicated to that. Tab for all the random world events. Tab for all ascended accessories from WvW, and Fractals. WvW tab with all siege equipment for commanding. Tab for food and utilities. I think you get the point.

I had an entire bank tab of skins and another one of ascended rings that I both collected over the years.

I then realized that I already had enough transmutation charges and destroyed all my skins (all the ones, that I did not want to sell) because if I wanted to use a skin, I could just use a transmutation charge. I sometimes change skins, but over the months I still get more transmutation charges than I actually use. So I lost practically nothing when I deleted the skins.

And for the ascended rings: I just keep the most needed stats (berserker, marauder, ...) and everything else I salvage. And if I need some rare stat that I do not have, I just buy one with season 3 currency.

If a player is a hoarder, there will never be enough inventory/bank space. B)

I think you get the point. ;)

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's basically hoarding- however, I keep a lot of these for a reason. In gw1, after like 3-4 years they opened up the soulbound items and made them trade-able. Now will ANET do that? Doubtful, but like I said- I'm not requesting this change for myself. I'm not really sure why every one keeps thinking I need more space when I clearly stated that I already purchased extensions on every character and my bank.

@kratan.4619 said:

@Alin.2468 said:Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago). The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

I also have about 500 Tomes of Knowledge. They will remain in bank forever, as a memory of a boring PvP experience with toxicity and random players. Show must go on, as Queen sang about it.

Which MMO have you played that had no toxicity in the PvP mode? I have played a lot of titles and cannot ever recall seeing one without toxic PvPers.

Albion isn't very toxic. WoW wasn't toxic around the lich king expansion. There's a lot of MMO's that don't have toxic PvP environments, unless you're saying that PKing in itself is... toxic?

GW2, however is incredibly toxic.. Mainly just from the tilting of AFK and botting..

They haven't even launched on steam yet. Plus many steam players have steam credits from whatever else they are playing, they're not going to be cash poor in that sense. They don't need a handout.

I have several characters with 20 slot bags only and no bag slot expansions , plus a bag opener with 18 slot bags only. They work perfectly fine.

@kratan.4619 said:

@Alin.2468 said:Relax... the Steam marketing stunt is just to increase sales before the end. Amazon will release a new MMO in spring, and it will have battlegrounds and GvG (things that have been asked here since release 8 years ago). The end is nigh around here, while waiting for an expansion with dragons.

I also have about 500 Tomes of Knowledge. They will remain in bank forever, as a memory of a boring PvP experience with toxicity and random players. Show must go on, as Queen sang about it.

Which MMO have you played that had no toxicity in the PvP mode? I have played a lot of titles and cannot ever recall seeing one without toxic PvPers.

WoW, in TBC and WOTLK.