Reaper damage?

Bast.7253

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

Scourges; not really, no.Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lotReaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

Fite me.

You think necros have great mobility. Fighting you would be a waste of time.

Permanent swiftness(basicly superspeed with speed runes) and 2 teleports, one without any range restriction. Added extra charge on reaper shroud. That's objectively good mobility. Of course you can choose not to pick these options and be slow, but same goes for thief... you could, but why would you? Mobility is king.

Anyone thinking necros are slow needs to L2P. Especially on reaper, nothing short of a chasing thief/shiroglint revenant can keep up with you.

Lack of mobility and stability are literally the biggest weaknesses for necros. Apparently some don't play enough to know that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

Scourges; not really, no.Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lotReaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

Fite me.

Permanent swiftness(basicly superspeed with speed runes) and 2 teleports, one without any range restriction. Added extra charge on reaper shroud. That's objectively good mobility. Of course you can choose not to pick these options and be slow, but same goes for thief... you could, but why would you? Mobility is king.

Anyone thinking necros are slow needs to L2P. Especially on reaper, nothing short of a chasing thief/shiroglint revenant can keep up with you.

Lack of mobility and stability are literally the biggest weaknesses for necros. Apparently some don't play enough to know that.

if i recall 2 skills on shroud :\, maybe OP was fighting on top of a WoPwr as well??

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Fite me.

if i recall 2 skills on shroud :\, maybe OP was fighting on top of a WoPwr as well??

The problem is that if you spec for mobility or defense, your dps takes a huge hit. Same thing vice-versa.