Status of the game?

Faline.8795

This again?

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:"game is dying" is (or should be) a generic meme in all MMORPG forums, even to the extent of things like

• Game released today: "Game is dying."
  • Game released yesterday: "Game is dying."
  • Game just released a new expansion, all the servers are jam-packed with players: "Game is dying."
  • Game will release in two weeks: "Game is dead."

I recently returned as well and while I do like and even love parts of GW2, there are a lot of things that keep it from becoming my main MMO. Why they cannot fix tab targeting I have no clue, but it is easily the worst tab targeting I have ever played in a game. The story fights are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and some of them are stupid hard, but if you just keep dying and then mashing your buttons, eventually you will win, it's stupid. Also the number of bugs and glitches that I keep running into, mastery or hero points not working, but then if you switch maps then all of a sudden they work is too much. Some areas the mobs respawn too fast and it makes some places very hard to solo. At first I was amazed by the trait system, there really seems like a lot of variety when it comes to builds, but so far of the dozen or so I have tried, they all boil down to one or two button mash fests or their rotations are stupidly long, still looking for that one in the middle. Not a fan of the gear system either. There are many other little things that are annoying about the game.

But like I said, I do like the game, I'm mostly enjoying it, It's the MMO that could compete with WoW if the devs seemed like they gave a shit, but we all know they mostly don't so yeah.

fanbois/gurls, save your breath I dont care.

@Yrch.5491 said:I recently returned as well and while I do like and even love parts of GW2, there are a lot of things that keep it from becoming my main MMO. Why they cannot fix tab targeting I have no clue, but it is easily the worst tab targeting I have ever played in a game. The story fights are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and some of them are stupid hard, but if you just keep dying and then mashing your buttons, eventually you will win, it's stupid. Also the number of bugs and glitches that I keep running into, mastery or hero points not working, but then if you switch maps then all of a sudden they work is too much. Some areas the mobs respawn too fast and it makes some places very hard to solo. At first I was amazed by the trait system, there really seems like a lot of variety when it comes to builds, but so far of the dozen or so I have tried, they all boil down to one or two button mash fests or their rotations are stupidly long, still looking for that one in the middle. Not a fan of the gear system either. There are many other little things that are annoying about the game.

But like I said, I do like the game, I'm mostly enjoying it, It's the MMO that could compete with WoW if the devs seemed like they gave a kitten, but we all know they mostly don't so yeah.

fanbois/gurls, save your breath I dont care.

The story missions are too hard for you? You keep dying and mashing buttons. This is a learn to play problem, not an issue with the game. I've played every story mission on every class and they're all not only doable but most of them are relatively easy. If you're just mashing buttons to beat them, there's a problem but it's not the game's problem.

One issue could be that you're not using a decent build, or a decent keybind, or decent gear. It could be your overall strategy or hand eye coodination. This game depends more on twitch reflexed than a lot of other games...but story instances?

They're fine. There's a learning curve to be sure, but making story instances easier won't make this game better.

I raid mythic in wow with zero issues. I know how to play, ive done hours and hours of research on the different builds and have tried out many of them. I stand by what I said. I'm glad they are relatively easy for you, that is not my experience.

EDIT: I can show you a dozen or more builds from metabattle that are one or two button mash rotations.

@Yrch.5491 said:I recently returned as well and while I do like and even love parts of GW2, there are a lot of things that keep it from becoming my main MMO. Why they cannot fix tab targeting I have no clue, but it is easily the worst tab targeting I have ever played in a game. The story fights are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and some of them are stupid hard, but if you just keep dying and then mashing your buttons, eventually you will win, it's stupid. Also the number of bugs and glitches that I keep running into, mastery or hero points not working, but then if you switch maps then all of a sudden they work is too much. Some areas the mobs respawn too fast and it makes some places very hard to solo. At first I was amazed by the trait system, there really seems like a lot of variety when it comes to builds, but so far of the dozen or so I have tried, they all boil down to one or two button mash fests or their rotations are stupidly long, still looking for that one in the middle. Not a fan of the gear system either. There are many other little things that are annoying about the game.

Can you provide examples of too long story fights and mastery/hero points that are bugged? Some story fights are excessively long, but they are far from the normal, most of them are really quick and as for bugged mastery points I haven't noticed any of that.

@Faline.8795 said:I know this question comes up a lot. So I'll add to the noise.

Haven't played GW2 in a long time. Toying with the idea of coming back, but there is always that old bugaboo of wondering if the game is going to be around.

With layoffs and people leaving the studio, I wonder if it is worth the time to invest in it.

Of course, rumours of GW2's death have been around for a loooong time. But it is certainly something that keeps someone like me from coming back or investing in it.

i just came back 3 months now after 4.5 years. guess what, im averaging 5.5 hours aday since then fulltime wvw :) and only goes out to teq, leyline anomaly and tt if i got time, but the rest is wvw. i manage to continue the story but i'm 3 chapters away to finish the lw4. My goal is to have legendary armor, and now i have the tier 2 precursor, and i had the warbringer.

So much to do really outside, but i cant have them all. perhaps ill try post hot content when i got bored wvw(which i hope so) like raids, strike mission, icebrood saga, and and im looking forward to unlock the skyscale.

going back to your question, i dont think it will be dead. so much end game i cant even keep up with all the end game contents.

PS: Don't believe what others will tell you like the negative guy above, play and see it yourself if it suits you. if not, move on.

@Yrch.5491 said:Why they cannot fix tab targeting I have no clue, but it is easily the worst tab targeting I have ever played in a game.I honestly think the combat system in gw2 is perfect and the only reason why I haven't already given up on Guild Wars 2 after HoT came out and destroyed any sense of balance that was left at that point. I think it perfectly combines the fluidity of action combat with the comfort and straight forwardness of tab targeting.

Also the number of bugs and glitches that I keep running into, mastery or hero points not working, but then if you switch maps then all of a sudden they work is too much.I have numerous issues with gw2 but I think I never encountered any game breaking bug or glitch. Maybe once or twice in a fraktal or something but I can't remember anything really.

At first I was amazed by the trait system, there really seems like a lot of variety when it comes to builds, but so far of the dozen or so I have tried, they all boil down to one or two button mash fests or their rotations are stupidly long, still looking for that one in the middle. Not a fan of the gear system either.I'm again quite the opposite.. At first I didn't like the trait system and thought it lacked influence on the playstyle (maybe this was true before all the reworks, maybe I didn't understand the game back then idk) but now I think it offers a LOT of diversity, even if you use the same weapon sets.And I also like the gear system, the lack of vertical progression and constant gear grind is one of the other major aspects why I keep coming back to GW2. And it's actually one of the major aspects which keep me from getting into other games like ESO. The lack of dumb monster sets is a positive thing for me and splitting stat combos from effects (runes & sigils) is a far superior system imho that allows much more customization.

Again, I have A LOT of issues with GW2 but none of your points. Actually quite the opposites, I think the stuff you've mentioned are the primary strenghts of gw2. How opinions can differ..

@Yrch.5491 said:I raid mythic in wow with zero issues. I know how to play, ive done hours and hours of research on the different builds and have tried out many of them. I stand by what I said. I'm glad they are relatively easy for you, that is not my experience.

EDIT: I can show you a dozen or more builds from metabattle that are one or two button mash rotations.

You do know that with most weapons if you melee swing or shoot you hit anything infront of you even if you dont have it targeted right?This is not a tab target game like wow were you can just pew pew without any worry.

@Faline.8795 said:

Edit: Also, it puzzles me. Give how you are returning player and I assume you own expansions. most of LS, why exactly don't you jump in and check for yourself will thegame sink or not?

Because I have to re-download it. It isn't on my computer anymore.

And because I internet by satellite (rural America. Beautiful, but very limited internet), I have MASSIVE data limits. So it is a monumental effort to download a game like this.

To be honest the game will download in parts if needed so if you get disconnected it will resume where it left off when you can reconnect