Let Hope Dragon Bash Go Smoothly This Time

Ultramex.1506

@"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:Don't talk about it or you'll jinx it! If anything bad happens this time around, I'm blaming you...I'll be "Guarding" the Asura Gate in case something happen.@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:Cause from what i've read about the previous Dragon Bash, somebody died and Lion's Arch got destroyed.

LA did not get destroyed during this time (that occurred a lot later in unrelated circumstances). There was a murder though and a neat hard boiled detective instanceAh but the murderer was also involved with the Destruction of Lion's Arch, yes?@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:Dragon Bash is happening in the Norn Territory... Jormag is going to say hello I'd presume!Nah, the Son of Svanir would probably be the one crashing the party.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:Don't talk about it or you'll jinx it! If anything bad happens this time around, I'm blaming you...I'll be "Guarding" the Asura Gate in case something happen.@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:Cause from what i've read about the previous Dragon Bash, somebody died and Lion's Arch got destroyed.

LA did not get destroyed during this time (that occurred a lot later in unrelated circumstances). There was a murder though and a neat hard boiled detective instanceAh but the murderer was also involved with the Destruction of Lion's Arch, yes?@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:Dragon Bash is happening in the Norn Territory... Jormag is going to say hello I'd presume!Nah, the Son of Svanir would probably be the one crashing the party.

IF memory serves...the murderers were The Aetherblade Pirates led by Mai Trin, who ultimately did work for Scarlet who later destroyed Lions Arch. The two situations however were not linked and were separated by many months

@"Ultramex.1506" said:

LA did not get destroyed during this time (that occurred a lot later in unrelated circumstances). There was a murder though and a neat hard boiled detective instanceAh but the murderer was also involved with the Destruction of Lion's Arch, yes?

Tentatively.

Basically what happened is that, under orders of Scarlet Briar, the Aetherblades blackmailed and bullied representatives of various races to sabotage their heirloom offerings that were to be burned in a celebratory effigy event. These items caused a magical lightning chain reaction which resulted in the death of the charr representative and the delayed death of Captain Theo Ashford of the Captain's Council. After investigation and finding out of the existence of the Aetherblades and finding Mai Trin out (who was pretending to be a healer to help "save" the representative and captain), the group was chased down to a local hideout.

Scarlet had wanted to plant Mai Trin as a new member of the Captain's Council so that invading LA would be easier (despite not knowing she'd be invading LA for that ley line at the time - one of the many Season 1 inconsistencies by typical ArenaNet writing).

The events of Dragon Bash were not related to the destruction of LA, but were orchestrated by those who would destroy LA. It was basically a foiled plot to invade&destroy sooner/with more ease.

@Randulf.7614 said:IF memory serves...the murderers were The Aetherblade Pirates led by Mai Trin, who ultimately did work for Scarlet who later destroyed Lions Arch. The two situations however were not linked and were separated by many months@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Tentatively.

Basically what happened is that, under orders of Scarlet Briar, the Aetherblades blackmailed and bullied representatives of various races to sabotage their heirloom offerings that were to be burned in a celebratory effigy event. These items caused a magical lightning chain reaction which resulted in the death of the charr representative and the delayed death of Captain Theo Ashford of the Captain's Council. After investigation and finding out of the existence of the Aetherblades and finding Mai Trin out (who was pretending to be a healer to help "save" the representative and captain), the group was chased down to a local hideout.

Scarlet had wanted to plant Mai Trin as a new member of the Captain's Council so that invading LA would be easier (despite not knowing she'd be invading LA for that ley line at the time - one of the many Season 1 inconsistencies by typical ArenaNet writing).

The events of Dragon Bash were not related to the destruction of LA, but were orchestrated by those who would destroy LA. It was basically a foiled plot to invade&destroy sooner/with more ease.Thanks, i was too late for Season 1, i wonder if this is just a normal event or an attempt to hype Season 5.

I'll confess, I'm surprised that it'll be in Hoelbrak. The Iron Citadel or even the Grove I would have understood because of which Elder Dragons were killed, but Hoelbrak ?

I guess that the Norn really just wanted an excuse for huge revelry, legend-telling and brawling in their "capital" !

@Randulf.7614 said:

LA did not get destroyed during this time (that occurred a lot later in unrelated circumstances). There was a murder though and a neat hard boiled detective instance

Not sure those events are completely unrelated.

The Captain who was murdered was murdered by Mai Trin, who worked directly for Scarlet, and it's where we first heard the name. Scarlet happened to find what she was looking for later on in the harbor outside of Lion's Arch. Both events were unrelated but both had the same general antagonist that was responsible, so not completely unrelated. It all had to do with Scarlet tracking down the thing inside her mind so she could confront it.

@"Valmir.4590" said:I'll confess, I'm surprised that it'll be in Hoelbrak. The Iron Citadel or even the Grove I would have understood because of which Elder Dragons were killed, but Hoelbrak ?

I guess that the Norn really just wanted an excuse for huge revelry, legend-telling and brawling in their "capital" !

@"Valmir.4590" said:I'll confess, I'm surprised that it'll be in Hoelbrak. The Iron Citadel or even the Grove I would have understood because of which Elder Dragons were killed, but Hoelbrak ?

The norn want to bash the dragon as much as anyone. Modremoth was responsible for Eir's death, for example, and so they might have reason to want to celebrate the death of a dragon. Jormag drove them out of their homes. I'm sure the norn have just as much reason to celebrate the demise of a dragon as any other race.