What are Warrior's biggest flaws?

Arklite.4013

@cryorion.9532 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:It is up to ANet to know how far they can push things.

You don't seem to share that opinion when anet actually makes their decisions, but ok I guess?

I am allowed to disagree with their decisions, but there is nothing else I can do other than accept the changes and provide feedback/suggestions.

Cool. What exactly was the point of writing "It is up to ANet to know how far they can push things" then? You can disagree with them but I can't comment on hilariously bad ideas because "it is up to anet"?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:It is up to ANet to know how far they can push things.

You don't seem to share that opinion when anet actually makes their decisions, but ok I guess?

I am allowed to disagree with their decisions, but there is nothing else I can do other than accept the changes and provide feedback/suggestions.

Cool. What exactly was the point of writing "It is up to ANet to know how far they can push things" then? You can disagree with them but I can't comment on hilariously bad ideas because "it is up to anet"?

It is ANet's game, they can do whatever they want and we can only deal with it and provide feedback/suggestions. ANet can take good things from suggestions that may be over the top and they decide how much they want stuff to be strong. No matter what we think would be better for the class/game, it is up to ANet to decide. So basically, just because you think some ideas may be overloaded/hilariously broken doesn't mean people that suggested them are "crying about everything" and their feedback is useless. The real question is, does ANet really care? :)

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Edge.8724" said:Well, biggest flaws...

-Big telegraphed attacks (flaw mostly in wvw and pvp)

-Lack of viable range weapons and skills (you are forced to play melee)

-Not so great defense against conditions (you need to build for it, speaking mostly in pvp. In pve, one skill is usually enough.)

-Lack of sustain compared to Guardian, Ranger and some Mesmer builds (Mesmer got nerfed pretty hard recently, so I'm bot sure if it still has decent sustain now. Didn't mention Ele, mostly because sustain is probably all they have, unless it changed).

-Lacks some true invulnerability (Endure Pain is only 2 seconds in pvp/wvw and 5 in pve, with long cooldown. Also, it only works on Power based dammage. You can still be knocked down of condi bombed while using it.)

-The only reason peoples will ever want you in high end pve is for your banners. Nothing else. (The only positive thing about this is that Warrior is required for "Meta builds".)

There are some pros to play Warrior, but the flaws and the cons are still there, putting some shadow to theses.

-Simple to play. Yes, it's easy to learn. No, it's not necessarely easy to master. It takes high training and timing. But some changes to traits and skills will help too.

-Decent survivability. Mostly for open world pve and some pvp builds (pvp is borderline imo. You can still pretty much be downed in seconds anyway). But in open world, it's generally a good class to play solo.

Edit: Forgot a thing which can be important, as a warrior, you have very few boons! So no Protection (If you specced Guard Counter you can have some), no Regen (unless you trait for Dodged March), almost no Quickness. They also have no way to Blind ennemies (unless you play mace on Berserker I think)

Longbow has an aoe blind on an ammo skill. Axe 4 and Frenzy provide a fair amount of quickness between the two of them. I wish there were more access to retaliation, protection, and regen in the Defense line.

Id like protection in defense line to support board and sword tanking.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

-Not so great defense against conditions (you need to build for it, speaking mostly in pvp. In pve, one skill is usually enough.)

-Lack of sustain compared to Guardian, Ranger and some Mesmer builds (Mesmer got nerfed pretty hard recently, so I'm bot sure if it still has decent sustain now. Didn't mention Ele, mostly because sustain is probably all they have, unless it changed).

-Lacks some true invulnerability (Endure Pain is only 2 seconds in pvp/wvw and 5 in pve, with long cooldown. Also, it only works on Power based dammage. You can still be knocked down of condi bombed while using it.)

-The only reason peoples will ever want you in high end pve is for your banners. Nothing else. (The only positive thing about this is that Warrior is required for "Meta builds".)

There are some pros to play Warrior, but the flaws and the cons are still there, putting some shadow to theses.

-Simple to play. Yes, it's easy to learn. No, it's not necessarely easy to master. It takes high training and timing. But some changes to traits and skills will help too.

-Decent survivability. Mostly for open world pve and some pvp builds (pvp is borderline imo. You can still pretty much be downed in seconds anyway). But in open world, it's generally a good class to play solo.

Edit: Forgot a thing which can be important, as a warrior, you have very few boons! So no Protection (If you specced Guard Counter you can have some), no Regen (unless you trait for Dodged March), almost no Quickness. They also have no way to Blind ennemies (unless you play mace on Berserker I think)

Longbow has an aoe blind on an ammo skill. Axe 4 and Frenzy provide a fair amount of quickness between the two of them. I wish there were more access to retaliation, protection, and regen in the Defense line.

Yeah, it really seems like an oversight doesn't it? I'd Like Armored Attack to give protection under certain conditions and give you either a power stat increase or a % damage increase while under the effects of protection.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Biggest flaw is that it outshines every class in everything so people call for warriors nerfs (lucky anet nerfs other classes instead though OMEGALUL)

I wouldn't say that so much. Warrior has a strong chassis, yes, but it shines brightly in no particular aspect except maybe in CC and might generation.

If you roll a warrior, you can use a large arsenal of weapons and play styles, and you will do solid damage, have solid sustain, solid CC, and (imho) mediocre support, but you will never be the absolute best at any of it.

You'll be second best at whatever roll you go with. But then that itself is not a weakness.

You'll always be good at what you do, and you'll give the top DPS class a run for their money if you are a great warrior and they are meh at their job. You'll be the one that breaks the defiance bars, you'll be the last man standing when things go south (sans a reaper in the party, they'll outlive you, see second best again lol). You'll always be welcome in a group, because the warrior won't be the one dragging the party down.

Sounds like a typical warrior in every game, safe "allrounder" pick (and I agree with that, to be clear). So... why do warrior players cry so much about everything and want to have overloaded skills on every weapon? :D

I think any warrior QQ stems from Anet not really letting us be the best in class at anything. We got close with Arc Divider post Berserker rework, but then they nerfed the damage REAL quick while "Sic'em!" was still a long running issue (blessedly yet belatedly addressed).

The trick would be to make it so that it isn't 100% uptime, otherwise every build will do it.

It would need a conditional. Maybe after evade or block? I would prefer it to be like the engineer shield trait... On shield use, grant protection for x seconds. Dunno, they could probably come up with something better.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Yeah, it really seems like an oversight doesn't it? I'd Like Armored Attack to give protection under certain conditions and give you either a power stat increase or a % damage increase while under the effects of protection.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:Biggest flaw is that it outshines every class in everything so people call for warriors nerfs (lucky anet nerfs other classes instead though OMEGALUL)

I wouldn't say that so much. Warrior has a strong chassis, yes, but it shines brightly in no particular aspect except maybe in CC and might generation.

If you roll a warrior, you can use a large arsenal of weapons and play styles, and you will do solid damage, have solid sustain, solid CC, and (imho) mediocre support, but you will never be the absolute best at any of it.

You'll be second best at whatever roll you go with. But then that itself is not a weakness.

You'll always be good at what you do, and you'll give the top DPS class a run for their money if you are a great warrior and they are meh at their job. You'll be the one that breaks the defiance bars, you'll be the last man standing when things go south (sans a reaper in the party, they'll outlive you, see second best again lol). You'll always be welcome in a group, because the warrior won't be the one dragging the party down.

Sounds like a typical warrior in every game, safe "allrounder" pick (and I agree with that, to be clear). So... why do warrior players cry so much about everything and want to have overloaded skills on every weapon? :D

I think any warrior QQ stems from Anet not really letting us be the best in class at anything. We got close with Arc Divider post Berserker rework, but then they nerfed the damage REAL quick while "Sic'em!" was still a long running issue (blessedly yet belatedly addressed).

The trick would be to make it so that it isn't 100% uptime, otherwise every build will do it.

It would need a conditional. Maybe after evade or block? I would prefer it to be like the engineer shield trait... On shield use, grant protection for x seconds. Dunno, they could probably come up with something better.

It would have to be something like 4s duration on a 10s CD. If you build for boon uptime you could get it to 8/10. The added bonus while having protection would be for any source of prot though.

Perhaps protection whenever you gain retaliation? Or Protection whenever you can regen?

I could see tying it to another boon like regen, but only if you had at least some ability to trigger it via weapon skill. Warrior is so dependant on weapons that it would be nice to connect it that way.

Maybe if it was tied to Regen, we could tie some other weapon skills to regen? Warhorn? Shield? Those seem to be our biggest "non damage" weapons.