[NA||PvX||TC] Remnants of Hope [RoH]: A true gaming community

Skaal.9362

Post on Reddit from a new member who is very quickly becoming part of leadership!

If you are looking for a good guild stop looking and apply. RoH is all that and a cherry on top. Hands down best thing you can sign up for. Have a look and see you in game soon!

I returned to GW2 about 6 months ago after playing at launch. I have never been in a very active guild, but I know from other games how much a great community can enhance every aspect of the experience. I found RoH on a couple of different forums and the reviews described the type of community and gaming experience that I was looking for.

I was definitely a bit wary of the trial requirements at first, but the trial was definitely worth the effort. After joining RoH, it feels like I'm playing a shiny new version of GW2. I have found the daily events to be very welcoming and engaging to the point where in the first few weeks of membership I had participated in many aspects of the game that I had not even touched in my 400 hours prior. This includes strikes, guild missions, large squad WvW, sPvP, etc. I've really had a hard time staying away because of how much more fun it has been to play the game with this community.

• Like 1

I've never been in a guild for very long because of the atmosphere, but this is literally the most inclusive and welcoming community that I've ever been lucky to be a part of. Everyone is so friendly and genuinely willing to help a new person out, and like everyone says, an MMO really is better with a community to play it with. 

The trial requirements are daunting, not going to lie. But they're easy to complete, since you can literally just ask people to hang out with you in game and if there are full members with you that makes it a guild event. The daily events are welcoming and sweet, and even made me try out PvP for the first time in... well, ever. A troll who would normally make me cry with their comments instead was laughed off with new friends. 

I'm new(ish) to GW2, and they were even willing to do lower level content so that I could get my two events in. I will never be more grateful to a group of near strangers online than I am in this group. I greatly appreciate their ability to make even a nervous nelly like me fall in love with a game and a group of people. They were extremely understanding about and willing to work with my anxiety, which is something that I've always just had to deal with when it comes to large groups.

I'm glad to be a part of RoH.

• Like 1

RoH has been awesome; been running with the guild for the past few weeks and every time I log in has been a blast.  I've been playing GW2 since launch and RoH has reinvigorated my game... I was just logging in to work on long-term goals, handle dailies, but since joining I'm looking forward to it each day.  It's even had me joining raids in addition to my WvW and PvE game, and may bring me over to PvP as well... the community is that friendly and supportive.  

• Like 1

What a weekend it has been at the 2022 RoH Meetup in Las Vegas!  Bringing people together from every one of our Divisions to socialize, party, and see the sights.  Friday night was Cirque de Soleil, Saturday night was a party livestreamed on Discord for our friends who could not make it to Vegas, and Sunday was Grand Canyon. Wish you were here!

Beautiful explanation from a long-time member on our reddit thread:

We start a new game wanting excitement, challenge, rewards for effort. We join a guild because some content cannot be done solo and relying on PUG's takes some (or most) of the fun out of the game. When we find a year later that we still look forward to logging into the game and joining in on Discord chat we know two things: 1) good game, 2) good guild. This is your chance to add more enjoyment. You can thank me a year from now.

New player says on our reddit thread:

Remnants of Hope is a welcoming guild where you can learn the game at your own pace in a supportive environment, with experienced players who are happy to help you out. The application and trial period was helpful to me because I got to meet various members and try out different in-game events.

Beautiful post on reddit from one of our many LGBTQ+ players:

I also love RoH lmao I'm very queer and love the group I've found amongst the members that are also LGBTQ+. I also have terrible mental health and the group was very understanding of my limitations, including my social anxiety. Nobody pressured me into anything and it's lovely.

Post from new member on our reddit thread:

Awesome guild with a very friendly and helpful community and phenomenal leadership. They have multiple weekly events and, even though I joined for WvW at first, I've been exploring game modes I never touched before because they make it all content fun; I am so glad I joined!