Can someone give me a rifle warrior for pvp build

lightDestroyer.1265

Just now, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Ok thanks a lot 😂😂

In all seriousness, please don't run memeflame in PvP. You can get away with it in WvW because the overall player skill level there is low, but in PvP you'll get steamrolled by anyone competent, which the matchmaker will end up putting you against eventually.

But if you do because you like it and want to have fun with it, be mindful of your unblockable uptimes. Don't pop all your signets at once. Know when to go into Axe/Shield. You can also take GS for the evade and Arc Divider. You'll get more mileage out of it if you learn to read the fight and know when to pop Gunflame off on someone low on health. Don't go into Berserk immediately, use it instead as a trump card to turn a fight in your favor.

In my experience using Savage Instinct to break a stun and using the almost instant Gunflame due to the quickness catches lots of people off guard and is enough to win a fight most of the time.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

In all seriousness, please don't run memeflame in PvP. You can get away with it in WvW because the overall player skill level there is low, but in PvP you'll get steamrolled by anyone competent, which the matchmaker will end up putting you against eventually.

But if you do because you like it and want to have fun with it, be mindful of your unblockable uptimes. Don't pop all your signets at once. Know when to go into Axe/Shield. You can also take GS for the evade and Arc Divider. You'll get more mileage out of it if you learn to read the fight and know when to pop Gunflame off on someone low on health. Don't go into Berserk immediately, use it instead as a trump card to turn a fight in your favor.

In my experience using Savage Instinct to break a stun and using the almost instant Gunflame due to the quickness catches lots of people off guard and is enough to win a fight most of the time.

I think the memeflame can work fine in gold and honestly i just want to enjoy warrior and all its different builds.  Thanks a lot for the help!

7 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

I think the memeflame can work fine in gold and honestly i just want to enjoy warrior and all its different builds.  Thanks a lot for the help!

I'm a big proponent of playing what you find fun, Meta be damned. You'll want the unblockable uptime from Signet Mastery and Signet of Might, but mix and match your other utilities (or even swapping out a traitline) to see what works better for you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Pretty fun build but with all respect, it's just fun. Surely it'll be a great option if someone actually works on the pvp class balance some day. Pretty close to the build that I wanted to have. a power biased condi hybrid. Rifle and sword/shield for disengaging, defence and ranged burst. Guess that won't ever happen.

When rifle is used by the warrior, you can have that WW1 or american civil war era feeling, or whatever 1880-1910 war story you can relate. It's rare for an mmorpg to have that, what a waste. 

Edited by artharon.9276

6 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

Pretty fun build but with all respect, it's just fun. Surely it'll be a great option if someone actually works on the pvp class balance some day. Pretty close to the build that I wanted to have. a power biased condi hybrid. Rifle and sword/shield for disengaging, defence and ranged burst. Guess that won't ever happen.

When rifle is used by the warrior, you can have that WW1 or american civil war era feeling, or whatever 1880-1910 war story you can relate. It's rare for an mmorpg to have that, what a waste. 

Yeah. I love how the weapon feels, it's just that CMC butchered it when it was 'reworked'

Rifle is one of my favorite weapons to play with on Warrior. That said, it isn't any good in PVP. I usually go all signet build except healing as mending to proc the traited 7% more damage from physical skills. It was fun one shotting people but even that is gone. They've nerfed it to hell.

Marauders gear plus a regular core build with strength, discipline and defense can only hit for about 700 per hit. The crits are laughable and the killshot can only go up to 5k at the max if you crit. 3k if its a dud.

In WvW, you can still one shot people because of the varying builds people use but PVP is too full of sustain builds that you cannot make a difference with either damage or utility. I took a break from the game after using rifle in PVP. 😂I was that disappointed seeing what rifle turned into.