Can you not lock important content behind story?

EpicName.4523

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

What notable disadvantage?

Lack of masteries? I admit I am not very familiar with what ALL the masteries in the saga do, but one example would be to unlock chests in the open world. Raven's...something. 

Being unable to loot a free chest in the open world on any of my characters feels like a disadvantage. 

I see other masteries linked to mounts mentioned here and I assume there are other, maybe more obscure, that I will miss for not doing the story. 

And anyone saying I complain about difficulty is clearly unable to read. Also why I call this grind, people ask? 

Well, you do one mob killing mission...Fine. Then they send you on another and then another and then another. If the mindless slaughter of waves of mobs over again passes for a story in this game, then the bar is very low. 

I quit WoW years ago, but at least there the PvE content had more than that. Heard that maybe BFA changed this, but never stuck around to find out. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, EpicName.4523 said:

Lack of masteries? I admit I am not very familiar with what ALL the masteries in the saga do, but one example would be to unlock chests in the open world. Raven's...something. 

You do realize that you can do most of IBS masteries without ever touching DRMs? actually if you don;t want to do DRM's it get's even better because you don't have to touch one whole mastery line (Dragon Slayer) which means much less MPs needed to do it.

7 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

You do realize that you can do most of IBS masteries without ever touching DRMs? actually if you don;t want to do DRM's it get's even better because you don't have to touch one whole mastery line (Dragon Slayer) which means much less MPs needed to do it.

I ran out of mastery points without doing the more expensive achievements in IBS.

If a player doesnt want to do strikes theres even fewer.

Theres alot less spare mastery points in that saga than in past LWS/expansion releases, at least ones that are easily obtainable without much grinding.

Tbh as someone who came way late, the story felt "oof" at times. And then I replayed it from season 2 all the way through including all of the expansions, and I had so much fun and really liked (and sometimes disliked, but more of a "personal dislike" and not a "story telling made me dislike this character) several of the characters. The story is pretty decent if you don't go in expecting to hate it, but then if you go in expecting not to have fun with something you will likely be proven right. And I am not saying the story was the best there is -- but it was pretty nice for like a couple of afternoons of having a nice time and exploring a world I had seen pretty little of. And Canach is legit one of my favourite characters in video games. But if I had gone in expecting it to just waste my time, I don't think I would have found those really nice moments.

Regarding IBS... if I remember correctly tho, you don't actually really need those mastery points in the DRMs. If you don't like them, skip the story! They don't introduce new maps, you won't miss out on anything, with the exception of some mastery points that will most likely only matter if you intend to play the story for the other chapters. Which you don't. So, well, don't. Like, the whole Dragon Slayer sub-tree can be safely ignored if you don't intend to do DRMs. Which I think takes more MPs than there are in DRMs?

• Like 2

The only problem with the story is they take 10 lines to say something when two would of done, but to suffer a few moments to unlock a map is nothing. In fact my main is the only character to 'unlock' anything tis the beauty of tomes.

The only grind for me is having to do it again for my amulet, but that's more out of boredom. Bigger fool me thinking i should need to work for anything in an MMO.