PvPers are the Best When In Comes to Build & Class Mechanics...Quick Question

greedywholesome.9081

Ok, I seldom leave the Mists after all the xpacs but got so bored with PvP that I was intrigued with the Queen's Gauntlet. 

With the help of a few ppl from the PVE section, I was able to beat Liadri on core build, all exotic armor, one T1 legendary. But they couldn't help me with the last boss guy. 

Yes Im a noob and had NO idea some reward tracks granted hero points and left my reward track permanently on the Glorious track. See photo, lol. 

Ugh what to do with these. No hero pts.

Literally none of my characters have HoT or PoF elites unlocked in PVE. 

Soooooo, my question is, is that last boss guy, Ossa something beatable with core builds, mostly exotics, no infusion? I tried on core burn guard but couldn't CC him even with the knockback on shield. 

I know this is a PVE question but I do enjoy 1v1ing the bosses at the gauntlet. Im just stuck with the last guy. I think he was introduced after the xpacs and Im having a terrible time with core. I dont know where to farm hero points. 

• Confused 1

You just need to be able to kite for the first 30 seconds, then dodge his throw attack. After that you can cc him and kill him. You could probably survive on burn guard if you bring enough blocks and RF. If you want to unlock elite specs in pve there are occasionally squads that lead people through hero points in the HoT and PoF zones.

• Thanks 1

Yes I think the hero point trains still happen fairly often, just watch the LFM panels in Verdant Brink and Crystal Oasis.  Before you jump in a HP train though, I would do these things.

1.  Get the raptor mount from the first PoF quest

2.  Get the first glider mastery from HoT 

3.  Run around the PoF and HoT maps and get the waypoints unlocked

You will prob have a hard time keeping up on the HP trains unless you do those things. They move really fast.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

You just need to be able to kite for the first 30 seconds, then dodge his throw attack. After that you can cc him and kill him. You could probably survive on burn guard if you bring enough blocks and RF. If you want to unlock elite specs in pve there are occasionally squads that lead people through hero points in the HoT and PoF zones.

Thanks.

Yes, RF is a must and I even have "Advance" for aegis and swiftness. I can easily survive the first 30 sec, sometimes without getting hit but the issues Im having is the core guard doesn't have enough hard cc's to remove his shield/breaker bar even when I dodge his dagger. Im able to do damage after dodging. I blind and even knockback but his shield returns and we start from scratch. 

Maybe I'll just farm to unlock elites 🙂

29 minutes ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

Yes I think the hero point trains still happen fairly often, just watch the LFM panels in Verdant Brink and Crystal Oasis.  Before you jump in a HP train though, I would do these things.

1.  Get the raptor mount from the first PoF quest

2.  Get the first glider mastery from HoT 

3.  Run around the PoF and HoT maps and get the waypoints unlocked

You will prob have a hard time keeping up on the HP trains unless you do those things. They move really fast.

Thanks, I have 1 and 2. I'll go do 3. 

Im still confused about mastery points and that language thing spoken by the large quaggans. 

15 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Isnt he that npc where you need to wait sometime and then cc him for dealing damage? Well a gues i beat him on core warr with defence traitline good cc skills. Thats basicly the way to go.

Yes that's him. The guard does a good job evading and etc but not enough CC skills to remove his defense. 

I'll try on core warrior. Will hambow work? lol, it's the only warrior build I know to play. 

19 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Thanks.

Yes, RF is a must and I even have "Advance" for aegis and swiftness. I can easily survive the first 30 sec, sometimes without getting hit but the issues Im having is the core guard doesn't have enough hard cc's to remove his shield/breaker bar even when I dodge his dagger. Im able to do damage after dodging. I blind and even knockback but his shield returns and we start from scratch. 

Maybe I'll just farm to unlock elites 🙂

Elites would make cc easier as you get some with your f1. For core guard you probably would need to take a couple cc utilities like bane signet or the spirit hammer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

His breakbar is extremely small so don't forget about soft cc like blind, weakness, cripple. Just slotting a sigil of hydromancy will do a lot of breakbar damage so long as you have the weapon swap up at the time.

Yes! Sigil of Hydromancy, I'll give that a try. Wasn't that available in pvp at one point?

PVE has go many goodies. Right now, I have access to immobilize, blind and swapped out focus for the shield's knockback. Hopefully the chill sigil will be enough. If not, it's off to farming. 

On 9/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Ok, I seldom leave the Mists after all the xpacs but got so bored with PvP that I was intrigued with the Queen's Gauntlet. 

With the help of a few ppl from the PVE section, I was able to beat Liadri on core build, all exotic armor, one T1 legendary. But they couldn't help me with the last boss guy. 

Yes Im a noob and had NO idea some reward tracks granted hero points and left my reward track permanently on the Glorious track. See photo, lol. 

Ugh what to do with these. No hero pts.

Literally none of my characters have HoT or PoF elites unlocked in PVE. 

Soooooo, my question is, is that last boss guy, Ossa something beatable with core builds, mostly exotics, no infusion? I tried on core burn guard but couldn't CC him even with the knockback on shield. 

I know this is a PVE question but I do enjoy 1v1ing the bosses at the gauntlet. Im just stuck with the last guy. I think he was introduced after the xpacs and Im having a terrible time with core. I dont know where to farm hero points. 

You take shouts spells, kite him for 30s, dodge his shield projectile, CC him, repeat and you beat him like that, you just need some defensive utilities

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

You take shouts spells, kite him for 30s, dodge his shield projectile, CC him, repeat and you beat him like that, you just need some defensive utilities

Hey thanks, yeah I finally beat him on core, exotic armor! What saved the day was "Advance" and CCs from summoned hammer and chill sigil. I had close to 80% HP when I downed him. 

It was weird to ask this on a PVP forum but I knew you guys would have much better feedback/advice.