EoD - A good time for earth fields?

Shockwave.1230

Is End of a Dragons a good time to add an earth field finally?  Is this something that would fit being added in an expansion?  Does this make the combo system too bloated?

If it were too be added, how should it be?

What kind of visuals? - Maybe mud?

What kind of field effects? - Maybe cripple?

What kind of combo effects? - Maybe slow?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I have no idea how it could be implemented, but I've always wanted an Earth Field of some sort.

When "earth" becomes a weather hazard there is limited visibility, impeded mobility (due to limited visibility), one must cover up or risk physiological harm (especially cranial), and it just sucks overall.  I speak from actual, personal experience being sandblasted in dust storms.

4 hours ago, Shockwave.1230 said:

Is End of a Dragons a good time to add an earth field finally? 

No.

Is this something that would fit being added in an expansion? 

I don't think so.

Does this make the combo system too bloated?

Yes.

New ele espec has fields depending on the attunment you're using and when you're using earth, you get poison field. So unless there's some heavy bamboozle going on in the espec presentation stream, there won't be earth field in eod. And I don't think there's a need for one tbh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I think this could work. Skill wise it would probably only effect Ranger and Ele.

Do we have a way to combo magnetic Aura? If not this would be the perfect place with leap finisher.

For Whirl and Projectile Finisher Cripple, Slow or immo could work as blind is already taken by smoke fields.

Explosion Finisher could either grant Barrier or Protection to fit the defensive Nature of earth or also give cripple, immo or slow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I have no idea how it could be implemented, but I've always wanted an Earth Field of some sort.

When "earth" becomes a weather hazard there is limited visibility, impeded mobility (due to limited visibility), one must cover up or risk physiological harm (especially cranial), and it just sucks overall.  I speak from actual, personal experience being sandblasted in dust storms.

I would think sandstorms and the like would be more akin to an air/wind effect than earth?

Edited by kharmin.7683

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I would think sandstorms and the like would be more akin to an air/wind effect than earth?

Trueness..

I can't think of a field for earth that isn't tied to something else.  When thinking of natural disasters, everything that could be earth-like is actually caused by something more closely associated with the other elements.

So, earth is far to inert to be a combo field.  That leaves only one thing:

Rare Earths.

These are the only "earths"that can affect the environment around it, due to their radioactivity.

The radioactivity is best represented by poison, hence poison-field.

Don't think there is a better alternative.

• Like 1