Catalyst : where is the aura-transmutation skill on hammer ?

Zhaid Zhem.6508

Anet, you made a second spec designed arround combos and auras, you put a cool secondary effect on #4 earth (aura based on current affinity if you block an attack) but you have just forgotten the TRANSMUTATION skill to detonate our auras !?

Please consider this effect, and not only for hammer.

For example when the F5 aoe expires, make all auras in range of Jade Sphere to detonate. Or an utility skill (because they all kitten a bit otherwise)

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Anet, you made a second spec designed arround combos and auras, you put a cool secondary effect on #4 earth (aura based on current affinity if you block an attack) but you have just forgotten the TRANSMUTATION skill to detonate our auras !?

Please consider this effect, and not only for hammer.

For example when the F5 aoe expires, make all auras in range of Jade Sphere to detonate. Or an utility skill (because they all kitten a bit otherwise)

The Detonate Skills seemed linked to the Aura related skills that just give an Aura. Since the Earth 4 is also a block, I think it might be added too much utility into one skill for ANet's taste (personally, I disagree but they have balance to consider.)

But maybe instead of giving us a single detonate skill on Hammer, perhaps we could somehow work the Jade Sphere to work as a kind of detonate skill if you dismiss it early. That way its not limited to one aura type and actually gives some utility to ending the Sphere early instead.  EDIT: This should probably be a trait option the more I think about it.

If we have to pick between options that are lacking on the Hammer, I would rather then add a field not tied to the Jade Sphere rather than an Aura Detonate. Unless the Jade Sphere flows really nice with hammer.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295

1 hour ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

The Detonate Skills seemed linked to the Aura related skills that just give an Aura. Since the Earth 4 is also a block, I think it might be added too much utility into one skill for ANet's taste (personally, I disagree but they have balance to consider.)

But maybe instead of giving us a single detonate skill on Hammer, perhaps we could somehow work the Jade Sphere to work as a kind of detonate skill if you dismiss it early. That way its not limited to one aura type and actually gives some utility to ending the Sphere early instead.  EDIT: This should probably be a trait option the more I think about it.

If we have to pick between options that are lacking on the Hammer, I would rather then add a field not tied to the Jade Sphere rather than an Aura Detonate. Unless the Jade Sphere flows really nice with hammer.

Yes that's what I suggested.

It makes the field more dynamic, less restrictive and it legitimates the 15sec CD. You use the F5, you do a combo to earn an aura, and it expires on its own or by your hand to detonate the aura.  It's more fun than a field you keep active for ages, only for one or two boons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Yes that's what I suggested.

It makes the field more dynamic, less restrictive and it legitimates the 15sec CD. You use the F5, you do a combo to earn an aura, and it expires on its own or by your hand to detonate the aura.  It's more fun than a field you keep active for ages, only for one or two boons.

Oh yeah, its a good idea. Although I do really think it'd be a better trait option than baseline.

Perhaps another way to approach it, instead of having a flat detonate kind of ability is to put it on a utility like you said. For example: Allow Elemental Celerity to have a flip effect when activated that if used, removes all Auras and increases recharge of Jade Sphere by 2 seconds per Aura removed.  Elemental Celerity might be a little weak in its current form, so adding extra synergy is never a bad thing.

Regardless, I hope this gets added at some point in some way for Catalyst.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295

7 hours ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

They didn't forget it. The Transmute Aura skills only exist on skills that only gives you an aura and nothing else and where introduced as compensation as aura only was pretty bad. Thats why they only exist on core weapons.

Of course. I agree it was just an addition to poor skill effect; and for example on warhorn you have already a "second" effect on Sand Squall, same on magnetic surge.

But they have the mechanic, why they could not use it or improve it ? I mean they design an other spec focused on Auras with the field, the minor trair, the 2 buffs on auras ... but they stop the process in middle ?

I think they should implement the aura-transmutation, because it makes sense with ... Auras, and because the F5 and utility skill are lame for now and can be improved.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508