Make Core Proffessions Specs

Trevvster.6938

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You do it by first locking the especs out of the core profession mechanic traitline. Move any weapon/utility skill trait out of said traitlines, and then put awesome things into the core profession mechanic traitlines that the especs now cannot access.

Not a good solution. Furthermore, you are literally saying to gut an existing spec, which is what I said I can’t see a way of getting the job done without doing.

many of the core profession mechanic traits are actually vital to getting some elite specs to work properly, so the existing specs can’t be majorly altered let alone put on lockout with specs. A whole new core exclusive trait line would need to be crafted that explicitly ADDS something to core that elite specs don’t get. And while I don’t personally like the idea of giving core a 4th spec (that is always the Core spec), I can’t help but agree that this is the only way it could be done that doesn’t involve gutting a spec.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

Not a good solution. Furthermore, you are literally saying to gut an existing spec, which is what I said I can’t see a way of getting the job done without doing.

many of the core profession mechanic traits are actually vital to getting some elite specs to work properly, so the existing specs can’t be majorly altered let alone put on lockout with specs. A whole new core exclusive trait line would need to be crafted that explicitly ADDS something to core that elite specs don’t get. And while I don’t personally like the idea of giving core a 4th spec (that is always the Core spec), I can’t help but agree that this is the only way it could be done that doesn’t involve gutting a spec.

Then you make changes to the especs so that they function properly. This would however be a straight nerf to certain especs that are overperforming in multiple game modes to the detriment of everybody else.

There is an opposite problem where core suffers due to the sins of the elites. Locking the elites out of the core profession mechanic traitline gives a way to buff core without buffing the elites. To do that Anet would definitely have to move out utility and weapon traits out of the core mechanic lines, and they'd definitely have to tweak the elites as needed to make sure they still function. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys this is simple all the core specs get an elite spec- example Core Guardian gets a new Elite Spec Called Guardian with a new trait line, and maybe an off hand mace, the Elite Spec called guardian new trait line lets just say gives a new dimension, whether it boosts other weak traits or what ever. Obviously the other traits has to be balanced, because i think all elite specs should be able to choose 4 trait lines instead of 3. so instead of referring to guardian as Core Guardian it would just be Guardian, and it would enable other core professions.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You do it by first locking the especs out of the core profession mechanic traitline. Move any weapon/utility skill trait out of said traitlines, and then put awesome things into the core profession mechanic traitlines that the especs now cannot access.

Wouldn't that make it just a new Espec ?

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 9:21 PM, Trevvster.6938 said:

This is simple, core Guardian etc. get a spec trait line and players can chose 3 other trait lines. 

eg. Engineer gets a new spec same logo called engineer with a new trait line, (devs can add whatever they wanted around balance)

after selecting the spec players can now choose from 3 other trait-lines

Thoughts ...

Imho. 

I'd like to see core speccs reworked instead of elites for a expansion. 

Instead of a new elite and new weapon, reworks to core weapons and updates to the core traits. 

18 hours ago, Trevvster.6938 said:

Guys this is simple all the core specs get an elite spec- example Core Guardian gets a new Elite Spec Called Guardian with a new trait line, and maybe an off hand mace, the Elite Spec called guardian new trait line lets just say gives a new dimension, whether it boosts other weak traits or what ever. Obviously the other traits has to be balanced, because i think all elite specs should be able to choose 4 trait lines instead of 3. so instead of referring to guardian as Core Guardian it would just be Guardian, and it would enable other core professions.

So why three specializations, not two?