If performance is worse than the player made plugin am I screwed?

Redfeather.6401

40 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

My advice is to just wait and see. Why be anxious?

Do you have any reason to think it will be worse?

Oh i don't know anything. But I heard the plugin that made my game better is being discontinued so I don't know what to do if this doesn't work as well. I get bad anxiety in situations like this.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Oh i don't know anything. But I heard the plugin that made my game better is being discontinued so I don't know what to do if this doesn't work as well. I get bad anxiety in situations like this.

Ah, gotcha. My understanding is that the plugin got discontinued precisely because this update will do what the plugin was doing.

13 minutes ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Most likely it will perform just as good as the plugin, if not better since it's natively integrated into the game. If you were already using the plugin before, then I can at least assume you won't have issues because this is actually on a lower level to the plugin but does the job just as well. 

• Like 2

They'll get there.

I notice shadows have changed with the new beta.  Lower settings look great now.

Models still weirdly drop FPS more than they should.  When compared to a modern game like Bannerlord which can have 1000 detailed models all with their own complex AI, cloth and hair physics, running around and get 60fps.  GW2 has a mistake somewhere in their rendering.

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 2

It's only the beta test phase. From the patch notes: "The goals for the initial implementation of DirectX 11 are stability, visual, and performance parity with DirectX 9. Most players will likely see negligible performance improvements at this time."

You can still use d912pxy if it works, just remember to turn off the ingame dx11 setting before you do.

Also, are you using character model limit lowest/low? That setting has a big impact on FPS.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 4