(WvW) So this is where you were going with Virtuoso, Anet?

Tayga.3192

Description:

With Superior Rune of the Defender and Marauder set, Virtuoso has a lot of relatively low effort survivability. You can either build a power virtuoso or go for a condi approach, in which case you also have the scepter block.

Points of interest:

• You have aegis on Bladesongs and a 3s block on F4 which can proc up to 3 times and heal for 1223 * 3 on 30s cooldown.
  • Marauder gear gives you a good amount of critical chance, you can get up to 90% with just fury.
  • More importantly, Marauder gives you vitality. This gives you 163 ferocity from Quiet Intensity, which pretty good for a minor trait.
  • Vitality also increases the heal you get from blocking, as your rune is a percentage heal.
  • You have cleanse on weapon swap and torch.
  • Sword is pretty good on Virtuoso, you also get to take the trait. You can use Sword 2 and 3 twice per swap with this. Also a bit more ferocity.
  • Ether Feast is very good with Virtuoso as you can heal a ton.

Sample build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx/lFwUZXsEGKOKL9xMA-zVRYBRwIG18nRmSheVBWcW0fGA-w (Updated food)

Edited by Tayga.3192
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 9/23/2021 at 5:35 AM, Tayga.3192 said:

Description:

With Superior Rune of the Defender and Marauder set, Virtuoso has a lot of relatively low effort survivability. You can either build a power virtuoso or go for a condi approach, in which case you also have the scepter block.

Points of interest:

• You have aegis on Bladesongs and a 3s block on F4 which can proc up to 3 times and heal for 1223 * 3 on 30s cooldown.
  • Marauder gear gives you a good amount of critical chance, you can get up to 90% with just fury.
  • More importantly, Marauder gives you vitality. This gives you 163 ferocity from Quiet Intensity, which pretty good for a minor trait.
  • Vitality also increases the heal you get from blocking, as your rune is a percentage heal.
  • Sword is pretty good on Virtuoso, you also get to take the trait. You can use Sword 2 and 3 twice per swap with this. Also a bit more ferocity.

Sample build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx/lFwUZXsEGKOKL9xMA-zVRYBRwIG18nRmSheVBWcW0fGA-w (Updated food)

nice theory craft! i like the whole idea

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:35 AM, Tayga.3192 said:

Description:

Points of interest:

i had a similar build but i took inspiration and  illusions instead so i could get aegis from phantasms with persistence of memory

• Like 1

15 hours ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

i had a similar build but i took inspiration and  illusions instead so i could get aegis from phantasms with persistence of memory

For the condi variation, that's acceptable I think. However the bleeds from dueling proc condi GM, which gives a lot of blade stacks.

Still, Virtuoso weak but at least it has equally weak builds. If it's buffed, it might have a decent selection of builds. Virtuoso traits give it a lot of versatility.

6 hours ago, Tayga.3192 said:

For the condi variation, that's acceptable I think. However the bleeds from dueling proc condi GM, which gives a lot of blade stacks.

Still, Virtuoso weak but at least it has equally weak builds. If it's buffed, it might have a decent selection of builds. Virtuoso traits give it a lot of versatility.

was a  power build of mine

• Like 1

Sorry, late to this thread....

Wanted to comment on the Defender Runes. Since this was tagged as WvW, I'm assuming the OP is referring to a roaming role for Virtuoso as a zerg DPS typically wouldn't run Defender runes.

Anyway, there is one main function that the OP's proposed build is missing: Swiftness. If we are assuming roaming, a source of swiftness is borderline mandatory. I was in a popular streamer's channel having this discussion while they were testing Virtuoso, and we (the chat) recommended Defender runes because of the block synergy. The streamer tested it out but it was concluded that Virtuoso is too slow without Swiftness so they settled on Fireworks Runes (25% move speed). This is partly why Chronomancer works well with Defender Runes, it has access to permanent 25% move speed (and an off-hand shield for blocks). I suggested Agility Sigils for Swiftness, but it seemed it wasn't enough. This may work with a bunch of concentration though.

I'm all for the Defender Runes synergy (they are my favorite runes, especially on Guardian), but we'll have to see how the final iteration shakes out.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 3:36 AM, Jaykay.9641 said:

Sorry, late to this thread....

Wanted to comment on the Defender Runes. Since this was tagged as WvW, I'm assuming the OP is referring to a roaming role for Virtuoso as a zerg DPS typically wouldn't run Defender runes.

Anyway, there is one main function that the OP's proposed build is missing: Swiftness. If we are assuming roaming, a source of swiftness is borderline mandatory. I was in a popular streamer's channel having this discussion while they were testing Virtuoso, and we (the chat) recommended Defender runes because of the block synergy. The streamer tested it out but it was concluded that Virtuoso is too slow without Swiftness so they settled on Fireworks Runes (25% move speed). This is partly why Chronomancer works well with Defender Runes, it has access to permanent 25% move speed (and an off-hand shield for blocks). I suggested Agility Sigils for Swiftness, but it seemed it wasn't enough. This may work with a bunch of concentration though.

I'm all for the Defender Runes synergy (they are my favorite runes, especially on Guardian), but we'll have to see how the final iteration shakes out.

I agree that swiftness, mobility in general, is lacking, I hope anet adds a mobility utility or a trait tbh. 

Defender Chrono is already a well-known build. Virtuoso has 2 things a Chronomancer doesn't: Long range and very high crit chance.

Range is good for roaming. Assuming non-harbinger necros, thieves, revenants and elementalist roamers will still be played, having this advantage is very good.

I always thought mesmer lacked a high crit chance trait in Dueling, and Virtuoso's buffed fury is amazing for that. It's a pretty decent damage buff. 

Still, thanks for your feedback. I agree that mobility is a problem and I kind of built this hoping anet to buff Virtuoso's mobility. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2