Scrapper impact savant, boon or problem?

TomUjain.8206

Hello guys,

I have a lot of concerns about the impact savant trait. in practice it seems like a good / unique trade off- a hit on health in exchange for barrier on hit. Is it worth the payoff though?  In a lot of cases I have found having the 2,000 health a lot more useful. Here is why. In order to make up for that lost health you would have to be pumping out 20,000 damage constantly (10% barrier) This pretty much forces scrapper to go full zerker in pvp for extra damage. Support scrappers or heal scrappers suffer the most as they pretty much have to take the hit on health with no benefit at all. Any condi builds now or in the future will also suffer heavily from this trait, effectively shutting down a lot of options for the scrapper.

So my question to you guys is. Do we need this trait? Should it be removed, or reworked?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2 hours ago, TomUjain.8206 said:

Support scrappers or heal scrappers suffer the most as they pretty much have to take the hit on health with no benefit at all. Any condi builds now or in the future will also suffer heavily from this trait, effectively shutting down a lot of options for the scrapper.

Well Scrapper is not made for condi, that should be obvious. So its obvious that it hits condi scrappers hard.

Support scrapper became a good buff when they got quickness.

Should this skill stay like it is? no. It needs a rework, but nothing that should buff condi scrapper. Scrapper is a pure power spec and it should stay like that.
I mean i would love to see the 3rd e spec being condi, but i dont want another clunky piano condi build on a spec thats obvious not made for condi. (Look at holo, vipers holo has less sustain than berserker holo due to some different traits. While dealing also less dmg and playing a 3x harder rota. I dont want this again.)

But it shouldwork with support builds. Maybe it should be reduced to 10% like it is in pvp. But giving it 1 additional bonus: Gaining barrier when u grant boons to allies. This would not reduce the barrier of power scrapper since they also have boons but would help support scrapper to also gain enough barrier.

Or something different.

If I recall correctly they were meant to be trying to figure out how to get condi's working with the trait. They even said when it launched they were looking into it. Then it appears they just gave up and reworded it to strike damage. Which is a shame as it'd be really interesting to see it working with condi;s as well as strike damage.

I think losing the elite toolbelt skill is tradeoff enough. I'd really like to see Adaptive Armor become the GM Minor trait, with much less barrier but functions the same as the old Adaptive Armor (barrier when struck). However, I'm not really too much of a fan of the whole barrier mechanic on Scrapper in general. I'd much rather see the old-fashioned damage mitigation aspect of the Scrapper come back with flat dam mitigation for skills/selectable traits, and the old stacking toughness aspect return for Adaptive Armor.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I also think that the toolbelt should have been changed (for Scrapper only) to be the Gyro system, putting all of the gyros on the toolbelt skills and the "toolbelt" skills now being the active skills to choose from as a utility. In terms of the healing skill for this, it could remain the way it is now simply because the medkit healing skill is on the toolbelt itself, but i kind of like the idea of the healing gyro being on the toolbelt by default as well (some unique combinations of the actual medkit with the gyros).

Edited by Ghos.1326

8 hours ago, TomUjain.8206 said:

Hello guys,

I have a lot of concerns about the impact savant trait. in practice it seems like a good / unique trade off- a hit on health in exchange for barrier on hit. Is it worth the payoff though?  In a lot of cases I have found having the 2,000 health a lot more useful. Here is why. In order to make up for that lost health you would have to be pumping out 20,000 damage constantly (10% barrier) This pretty much forces scrapper to go full zerker in pvp for extra damage. Support scrappers or heal scrappers suffer the most as they pretty much have to take the hit on health with no benefit at all. Any condi builds now or in the future will also suffer heavily from this trait, effectively shutting down a lot of options for the scrapper.

So my question to you guys is. Do we need this trait? Should it be removed, or reworked?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

To utilize conditions as a scrapper, at least in pvp, you would generally run a rabid amulet and thus have considerably higher damage reduction and thus each point of barrier ends up being worth considerably more than you'd expect, toughness is after all supposed to be one of the scrappers main stats despite there being little to no tailoring towards this, my point being that you can actually run conditions as a scrapper and still benefit greatly from the shield.