Simple solution to the required HB and AlacRen

Mell.4873

6 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

The real solution for the required HB and AlacRen is to nerf Quickness and Alac. The 2 boons provide over 50% DPS increase to the group, that's insane.

Wouldn't fix a thing. Any offensive buff, no matter how small, is better than the next support class with no buff.

Extra DPS is never redundant. Healing, on the other hand, can be redundant.

The obvious solution is to introduce alternatives, but at some point HB in particular will need nerfing by taking several boons away because it is absolutely ridiculous that a support class can stack all boons except alacrity while having a near absolute monopoly on aegis and having an oligopoly with renegade on group stability.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Wouldn't fix a thing. Any offensive buff, no matter how small, is better than the next support class with no buff.

Extra DPS is never redundant. Healing, on the other hand, can be redundant.

The obvious solution is to introduce alternatives, but at some point HB in particular will need nerfing by taking several boons away because it is absolutely ridiculous that a support class can stack all boons except alacrity while having a near absolute monopoly on aegis and having an oligopoly with renegade on group stability.

That's why I like idea that let's say a soulbeast could share his stances and they are affected by boon duration. I believe ele has a few boons like this too. 

It makes more sense that everyone brings something to the table rather than one class doing everything.

I mean mirage and renegade alac is pretty good balance, maybe a third option but over all it feels good that you can bring either, even in cm. 

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

That's why I like idea that let's say a soulbeast could share his stances and they are affected by boon duration. I believe ele has a few boons like this too. 

It makes more sense that everyone brings something to the table rather than one class doing everything.

I mean mirage and renegade alac is pretty good balance, maybe a third option but over all it feels good that you can bring either, even in cm. 

Mirage is an awful alternative to alacren in anything but the confusion favored raid bosses and 100cm, where even in 100cm alac mirage is questionable. First, because alac mirage needs a second alac mirage to even maintain 100% uptime reliably, and second being that alac mirage brings less CC and less utility in general, some of it pretty critical in CM's like boon strip and stability, not to mention alacrigade perfectly complements HB's prot and might uptime.

The fact is, there's no competitive alternative to these two classes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Mirage is an awful alternative to alacren in anything but the confusion favored raid bosses and 100cm, where even in 100cm alac mirage is questionable. First, because alac mirage needs a second alac mirage to even maintain 100% uptime reliably, and second being that alac mirage brings less CC and less utility in general, some of it pretty critical in CM's like boon strip and stability, not to mention alacrigade perfectly complements HB's prot and might uptime.

The fact is, there's no competitive alternative to these two classes.

They have more dps and other classes can fill the boon holes. Unless you run all scourges you can definitely run staff mirage. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

They have more dps and other classes can fill the boon holes. Unless you run all scourges you can definitely run staff mirage. 

Nobody is gonna fill the stability/aegis/boonstrip/resolution boon hole.

Nobody cares about your personal DPS if you're deficient in enabling the DPS of the rest of the group with stability and easier breakbars.

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Nobody is gonna fill the stability/aegis/boonstrip/resolution boon hole.

Nobody cares about your personal DPS if you're deficient in enabling the DPS of the rest of the group with stability and easier breakbars.

Well I beg to differ, with casual cm runs I see people bring all sorts. Like boon Scrapper.